shape
carat
color
clarity

my turn- BM accessories, help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I am in a wedding next month and am trying to decide on accessories for my BM dress.
The dress is "Apple Red" color, we are wearing black shoes, and anything else is up to us.
So I am trying to decide.....big, statement earrings and no necklace?? smaller earrings and small necklace?
and purse....I know I can do apple red, but that looks so ''prom'' to me. Can I do another color, like Chocolate brown? Our flowers are going to be white.

Here is a link to our dress.....
http://davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_bycolor_detail.jsp?stid=3327&sid=18714&cfid=55

and here is the purse I like..in "espresso" http://davidsbridal.com/accessory_detail.jsp?stid=3845&prodgroup=180

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh, cuuuuuute dress. I can't even believe how cute that dress is. That is a dress you can wear again for a holiday party. Is the fabric nice? I might want to get one of those dresses in a different color, just because
30.gif

But I can't help you with the accessories, as you know.
38.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2008 12:27:45 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Ooooooh, cuuuuuute dress. I can''t even believe how cute that dress is. That is a dress you can wear again for a holiday party. Is the fabric nice? I might want to get one of those dresses in a different color, just because
30.gif

But I can''t help you with the accessories, as you know.
38.gif
lol thanks!
The fabric is actually quite nice I must say. Maybe I will photgraph myself in it tomorrow and add a pic to the thread...

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
any recommendatiions re. the purse color??

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I am admittedly not the most fashion forward person, so take what I say with a grain of salt (or four).

If you are wearing black shoes, I wouldn''t go with a brown purse. To me it would look like you didn''t have the right color purse but figured "dark brown is close to black so no one will notice". The easy solution would be to have a black purse (do you own a black evening purse already so you don''t have to buy anything new?) Other than black, perhaps a silver/sparkly one could work? Or red but beaded to give it some texture (and therefore not so matchy with the dress)?

As for jewelry, since the dress has an interesting neckline I think a necklace would be overkill. I think a larger pair of earrings is all you need!

Hopefully others will chime in with better purse suggestions! Good luck!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
I think that zebra bag is very fun! You could totally use it again and it would match almost anything!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
That zebra bag is VERY fun.
1.gif
I would stick to a black purse (or pattern with black in it since you're wearing black shoes) and no necklace because of the neckline and maybe long but delicate earrings. Post a picture of you in the dress when you get a chance! It looks super cute.
ETA: Haha, bensbride beat me to the fun comment. The earrings that everlong_x posted look perfect.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh, i agree - black purse if you have black shoes. no necklace with that neckline.
the zebra purse is a little too much - for me personally.
what about a gunmetal colored purse or a soft (not bright flashy metallic) golden purse?

eta: i think it would look fantastic with a big earrings. maybe chandelier type?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
what about something like this

il_430xN.29513433.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
jcrow,
that purse is fabulous! Where did you find it?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
click "this" in the post above with the pic. it''s already been sold, but no worries - that etsy seller can make a new one. she says she can "ship worldwide and love custom orders too, (have a peek through
my sold items - if I still have the fabric I can make another for you)."

here''s a link to her store items for sale.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooh, cuuuuuute dress. I can''t even believe how cute that dress is. That is a dress you can wear again for a holiday party. Is the fabric nice? I might want to get one of those dresses in a different color, just because
30.gif

38.gif
ooooooh...me too! i really like it in the canary color for some reason. i think i''d need to check out the fabric though. do please post pics of yourself in it!

as for accesories, i agree with what''s been stated no necklace, delicate dangly earings, and a pow bracelet and fun clutch.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 8:11:19 PM
Author: gingerBcookie

30.gif

38.gif
ooooooh...me too! i really like it in the canary color for some reason. i think i''d need to check out the fabric though. do please post pics of yourself in it!

as for accesories, i agree with what''s been stated no necklace, delicate dangly earings, and a pow bracelet and fun clutch.
It''s interesting you like the yellow :) that is the color I tried it in......Here I am in it at 5 1/2 months prego a while back (my little girl is now 2 weeks!)

fernerenrerg.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
and another from the side....

I will work on getting hubby to snap some pictures tonight of me in the red...

fwef34434m.jpg

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Will your hair be up or down? If you wanted to wear a necklace and your hair was up, I think a blingy choker would look amazing. I guess it would depend how low the collar part of the dress sits. If down, then no necklace is needed. Very cute dress though!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to metion the hair part! I will likey be wearing it up (at least 1/2 if not all of it) since the wedding is in August and I will be hot!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I said I would post some IRL pics of me in the dress. I look awful, but the dress is nice!

rearry bad side view.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results