shape
carat
color
clarity

Today is.........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday!!! I know I''m late...just got back from Omaha. I hope you had a WONDERFUL day!!
36.gif
35.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, I'm late too
38.gif
Happy belated birthday Dreamgirl
36.gif
I hope you had a wonderful day, and, more importantly, I hope the year is filled with lots of love, happiness and good health!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
-[/b] Thanks! I had a good time.
honey22- lol, well there isn't anything we can do about getting older, is there? Rats. I guess I will just have to deal with it.

fieryred- I did have a good day! Thanks for the well wishes!

pocahontas- Awww thanks so much! You are too sweet.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
y. I got some great gifts but sadly- no bling, no jewelry!
39.gif
That sort of stinks and at the risk of sounding like a brat, ff usually spoils me and always gets me jewelry for my birthday. But anyway, I got seasons 1, 2, & 3 of Mad About You along with 2 cd''s and a nice shirt from my parents.

So boyfriend got me a gift from Tiffany''s, it just wasn''t my usual gift.........

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So he tricked me this time, it was actually wrapped in another box with wrapping paper to disguise the Tiffany Blue from me. (this photo was taken after opening, so thats why the white ribbon is missing here...)

tiffbox1.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Opened it up.......whats inside? Oh, another box... lol

tiffbox2.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
He got me the 3rd and largest porcelain box. (long story short, I asked for the smaller boxes for Christmas and got the very smallest one. Valentines day he gave me the next size up, and now he gave me this one for my birthday) He thinks he did good because he said "Now you have the whole set!"
20.gif
I said, "Oh, there isn''t anything else inside this box, like jewlery?"

tiffbox3.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So he ran and got my other 2 boxes and put them all together and took a picture. He's more excited about this than I am. lol! I didn't originally want the largest box because its quite a bit larger than the other 2 boxes.

I happen to also collect Tiffany vases along with some votives.....and plan to one day own a curio cabinet to put everything into. See how much larger this big one is compared to the other 2? And right now I had the other 2 on my jewlery armour in front of a vase with flowers in it. He put the new one over there but it looks out of place.

tiffbox4.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Do you think the big box looks ok next to the little ones though? It just seems so big next to the others. I told him once that this box was much larger and that I didn''t think it would look good next to them. It must have been one of those he''s watching tv and not listening to me moments...lol BOYS

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is how I originally had this set up. I put a couple "real" boxes in the back and thought it looked nice this way.

boxesbefore.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So he put the new box in there and it looked like Christmas or something. It looks really dumb. So if I remove the real boxes from the back, where the heck do I put this big box? It looks awkward like this.........

boxesnowwhat1.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
And if I put it in the center, then it blocks this pretty vase with flowers.........
20.gif
See what I mean? lol Arrg it would have been so much easier with earrings.....
14.gif
27.gif
lol

Im sure when I eventually get my own place and have room for a curio, I could easily line them up somehow and it would look great. But for now, this is where I wanted my little boxes to be.

boxesnowwhat2.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Your gift it so cute! And your BF''s excitement is adorable too
5.gif

I didn''t know Tiffany had porcelain boxes like those! They really know how to market on their trademark.
Forgive me Dreamgirl, but I may have to steal your obsession and start collecting them myself once I can afford them...I''ve always adored Tiffany, but only from a distance.

As for the arrangement, I think you should put the big box on one side and the two smaller boxes on the other side of the vase. Nothing in the front. Hope it makes sense...

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 3:37:29 PM
Author: choro72

As for the arrangement, I think you should put the big box on one side and the two smaller boxes on the other side of the vase. Nothing in the front. Hope it makes sense...
I was gonna say the same thing... 2 on one side and the big on the other. And, Happy B-day!
9.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you had a great birthday, dreamgirl. As for the boxes, if the big box and the real box are similar in size, I''d be inclined to put those on the left & right of the flower and then the little boxes in the front center, if that makes sense. I like symmetry personally
3.gif
Cute boxes, btw!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
so first.. I hate my iPhone, it wouldnt let me post! grrr

Anyways I love those boxes Dreamgirl!! Sooo cute!! I didnt know Tiffanys had those (prob because I am always looking at the jewelry :) )

Maybe you could tell the BF you now need another one to complete the look you were originally going for?? and next time you would like something sparkly in it.. I told my FF about it being all wrapped up and stuff and he was like thats not nice hahaha..

Mine always gives me jewelry for stuff.. so im thinking when I dont get some, then I should expect something sparkly coming :) Maybe your FF didnt want to propose on ur anniversary or bday because they are special days of there own and thinks the proposal deserves a whole other day? :)

anyways long post.. just wnted to say they are super cute... and love the flowers and vase.. :)

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
What if you were to find someting solid to put the pretty vase of flowers on so it would be a little taller so the big box in the center wouldn''t be so overpowering?

Perhaps you coung cut a piece of syrofoam and tuck it behind the boxes or even paint it Tiffany blue?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
choro- Thanks! BF's excitement was quite adorable, I will agree with that!
28.gif
lol you can steal my obsession if you like...... I tried to arrange the boxes the way you suggested. I will attach the photo here.....is this what you meant?

livinthedream- Thanks!!

patiently_waiting- Thank you. I will have to try that....

blondebunny- Thanks, yes Tiffany has glorious china and porcelain stuff. You should check it out! Yeah, the little weasle gives me a box!!! lol Maybe you are right, maybe he is "secretly" saving up for a future purchase of something super-sparkly?! He did say something like "I wished I could give you more, but this is all I could give you right now......."
31.gif
27.gif
Hmmm....Anyhow, I wasn't expecting anything like a proposal but rather something pretty to put on my ears, around my neck, or wrist! Rats! Guess I have to wait till Christmas. Maybe he wanted to change it up a little, maybe he is up to something, maybe he just loves to torture me. lol! Thanks for the compliments on the flowers and vase! I put that together a few years ago. (this isn't one of my Tiffany vases you see here though) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors of these flowers and Tiffany Blue and hope to maybe have the same colors for my wedding someday (as they are my fav's).........
31.gif
What do you think of the Tiffany Blue against a coral combo?
30.gif
BTW, the flowers look darker than what they are in the photo cause I didn't use the flash.

keepingthefaith- I never thought of that. I will have to see what I can come up with.....

I do love my little boxes whatever I choose to do with the new arrangement.......

boxesnowwhat3.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
omg dreamgirl..I think we are on the same page here.. LOL I just decided Id like to have tiffany blue with cream roses with the peach color, I think its soo pretty :) hahahaha WOW... really weird bcuz I almost posted earlier that I loved those colors together! :) This was the pic I found and liked it..

003_sec04.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
Where did you find that??!! ok Im STEALING this photo from you to put in my "future wedding stuff" folders on my computer!
31.gif
31.gif
I originally was thinking roses, but I loveeeeeee peonies. Its such a pretty color combo, I find that the Tiffany Blue makes the coral color POP like crazy. lol Plus, hello? My 2 favorite colors, how could I not use those one day?!
30.gif
I mean, they look so good together too!!! (at least I think so) We need our own thread for this stuff!!!!!! I love looking for these things online........lol You just got me so excited.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Yippeeee!!!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha well here is some more I found bcuz I know you''ll love it... Lets start our own thread so we can post back and forth with stuff we like.. hahaha :)

DCP_3138.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
and another.. just because it WAS ur bday :) Here is one of my favorite tiffany blue color cake..

mainwed_tiffany.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
and one last one for right now.. hehehe :)

large_imagewf4.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh girl look at you go! You are so bad!!! hehe
27.gif
Ok, where should we start our little thread?

ps. Ive got the top photo and LOVEEEE the idea of flowers in a Tiffany-like box on the tables. And you've got to have a blue cake!!! Ive got some of those too.........
31.gif
I never thought of putting flowers in the bag. Ive got TONS of those lying around........
27.gif

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
my birthday greeting is kinda late but just wanted to wish you all the same.
1.gif
happy birthday!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a link to a Tiffany Blue wedding topic at a different forum! It's a long going one, so I'm sure you'll get plenty of ideas
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results