shape
carat
color
clarity

Waiting is the hardest part

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I ordered a (semi???) pemanent setting finally. It''s supposed to be permanent. My DH thinks it''s permanent. I''m not so sure. Isn''t that awful? I''m not sure about anything. I don''t know how it will look in real life, how my diamond will look set in it, how it will look on my finger. I want to be a little vague here, in case I get it and have to send it back. It''s from a PS vendor, and it is a Beverley K ER and custom WB set. They have to make the WB "notched" to fit apparently. Not even sure what that will mean, or what it will look like.

Argh! The stress! I ordered it last week, and it will take 6-7 weeks to get here.
39.gif
I was so nervous about the whole process, I didn''t even mention I was from PS. I still think the price was great, so it doesn''t concern me. I hope I made a good choice. If I didn''t, I think I will officially just give up and keep the solitaire look. I''m no good at these decisions. Is this normal?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tend to be an impulse buyer and am usually very set on my decision when I make it so I tend not to think about things too much, however if I hadn't seen the setting in person I would definitely be nervous too. I'm sure it will be beautiful! It's such a pity that you have to wait so long to see it. Is there any way that you can try on something similar in a store near you just to see how it looks on your finger?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2008 6:20:57 PM
Author: bee*
I tend to be an impulse buyer and am usually very set on my decision when I make it so I tend not to think about things too much, however if I hadn''t seen the setting in person I would definitely be nervous too. I''m sure it will be beautiful! It''s such a pity that you have to wait so long to see it. Is there any way that you can try on something similar in a store near you just to see how it looks on your finger?
Nope, no way. I live in Canada. The only designer rings I can see in my particular city are Tacori. There are no Beverley K or D''Vatche or Varna (all brand names I''d seriously considered) retailers in Canada. I can see some Ritani about an hour away, but I wasn''t interested in their styles. It''s taken me months to make this step actually.

I chose a style that looked antique-y. (it is #87PP1 if anyone wants to look it up). Basically, it is a solitaire with sidestones, I just don''t know how it will sit. I had to take a leap of faith. My DH was getting antsy too. He didn''t see why it would be so hard to decide.
11.gif
We both liked this setting at least.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lyra, i can understand your nervousness. i can say though that beverley k settings are really, really, pretty and I''m sure you will be happy with it.

is this the ring?

bklyraring2.png

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mrs. S. I''ve always liked the looks of the Beverley K line. I especially like the finishing details. I hope it works out. And yes, that is the setting. I''m so curious to know what the wedding band would look like. I thought it would be curved, but it''s supposed to be "notched". I asked for a flush fit. I like the size of the melee too. They are 3 pointers on the ER. Don''t know about the WB. I just know both are 2.5 mm wide. I do feel very comfortable working with Pearlman''s though. They are the best.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
lyra, I hope you love it, but if you dont, is it returnable? Exchangeable? I hope you get something that you just adore!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lyra, I really think BK rings look beautiful in the pictures, so I think you will love it! My only concern would be the notched band. It won''t be able to be worn alone. I''d personally really rather have a little gap than to have the notch, unless they were soldered together, I suppose. You really need to know what this means to be sure you like it.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2008 7:52:37 PM
Author: surfgirl
lyra, I hope you love it, but if you dont, is it returnable? Exchangeable? I hope you get something that you just adore!
I''m pretty confident that it is returnable. I''ve dealt with Pearlman''s before. I don''t think I adore the setting, but I''m thinking it''s the best example of "vintage" that I could find that might work well with my stone. I do have a preference for a double-claw setting. I''ve always loved those, and been drawn to them. I need to protect the girdle of my stone, and this setting doesn''t leave it too exposed, so that was another consideration. I didn''t want platinum, because I prefer a high shine all the time. So I think this is the best first choice. I''m having my stone set locally, so if for some reason I actually don''t like the setting, I obviously won''t mount the stone. argh. Maybe I''m just more logical than sentimental? I don''t know. I''m sick of my temporary setting!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2008 8:41:52 PM
Author: mrssalvo
well pearlmans describes this band as notched, so it may not be *curved* but built in away to sit flush around the bump on the ring.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/245CO1/0/
Thanks Mrs. S. That is pretty much what I have in mind too. But maybe it will be more subtle, as it doesn''t need to come out too far to clear the prongs. I hope this is the case. I just have *zero* experience with any of these settings. I haven''t seen anything like this in person. I do really like the antique look, and hope that the set looks classic and sits flush with each other.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2008 10:19:41 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Lyra, I really think BK rings look beautiful in the pictures, so I think you will love it! My only concern would be the notched band. It won''t be able to be worn alone. I''d personally really rather have a little gap than to have the notch, unless they were soldered together, I suppose. You really need to know what this means to be sure you like it.
Thanks DS. You hit my issue--the WB. I know I won''t wear it alone, but I have 2 plain bands plus 2 eternity bands to use instead, so that''s not a big deal. I wouldn''t mind a small gap either, but in this case, if I had a straight band, it would constantly rub on the base of the double prongs. I don''t want to put that much wear on them.

I guess my reasoning was I''d wear the set when I wanted a set, and my stack bands when I didn''t want to wear the ER and WB, which is actually most of the time. I know, that''s kind of stupid, but I whack my ER on stuff too much around the house. And one day, I''d like the option of a blingy 5 stone (2 carat maybe?).
11.gif
I wish I could trust my own decisions, but I don''t. People around here (PS) always know so much about how things will look, and I have no clue usually.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone is still interested. I asked Bill about the WB, and he had Jason send me a sketch. I think it is what I hoped for, more of a curve than a square notch. I think it should work out well. Let me know what you think. Hope this posts okay:

BK ring-band.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lyra, i think the example jason drew will look great. curved bands were popular back in the day and do have the vintage feel that i think your set will capture. it''s great you have other bands to wear and stack too. my best friend has a curved wedding band and it''s way more pronounced that that and it''s still a beautiful set. i really do hope your rings exceed your expectations.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again Mrs. S. Isn''t Pearlman''s great to work with? I certainly didn''t expect a drawing so soon. I emailed and asked for a better description. I actually really like curved bands, so this is good news for me. I''m sure it''ll turn out better than I''d hoped. BK settings are big on detail, especially the vintage look I''m going for.
1.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope that you will be happy with it, I think it is gorgeous! Waiting is awful, isn''t it? Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DD.
2.gif
It is hard waiting and wondering at the same time. Unfortunately, as I''m in Canada, I''m also looking forward to a tax plus handling fee.
38.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the curve looks much better than a notch to me. Pearlman''s is really great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results