shape
carat
color
clarity

Copy of Wedding Album for Parents?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
So we just got our wedding pictures back recently and I am being told that I should give a full blown copy of our wedding album to each of our parents. Has anyone done this? I had created this great picture book through MyPublisher (since we couldn''t afford the beautiful wedding album option our photographer offered us) and everyone is saying we should give the exact thing to our parents. To me, it takes away from making our wedding album special and unique. I had created something different for the parents which contained pictures that were heavier on his pictures/his family for his mother and then the same idea for my parents. Now I am being told that is not good enough...is that true? I never follow the norm when it comes to ettiqute but I certainly don''t want to hurt the feelings of family...that''s different. Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks,
ulualoha

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We didn''t give them an album but we did give them each a framed 8 x 10. Also we made copies of the photo dvds so they could order which ever photos they wanted. To tell you the truth I don''t think either one would have wanted an album. MIL was so obsessed on getting copies of the four of them (w/o me, is that odd?) that I doubt she would ever have wanted more than one of DH and myself.
20.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think giving your parents and your husband''s parents an album or framed pictures is a greet idea, and I don''t think they have to necessarily match the album you have.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Who is telling you that you should give a full copy of the album to the parents? If it is the parents themselves, then yeah, I guess you should since they clearly want it. Otherwise, I think your separate albums sounds like a wonderful idea! I like that they include more family pictures that would be of more interest to each side, and I assume they include some of the same "major" pictures as your own album. As others have said, an 8 by 10 and copies/CD of pictures is usually the standard, so with an album you''ve made specially, I think you''re going above and beyond.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
No, I do NOT think they need the same album! I agree, a nicely framed 8 X 10 and possibly a book you put together online would be appropriate, but it is YOUR wedding album, so do what makes YOU happy! I also like the idea of giving them each a CD with the pictures on it and allowing them to print and make an album of their own, if that is what they choose to do with it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I honestly do not think a full on album is necessary for the parents if you are paying. You can select your top choices and do a mini one. If they would like their own, full and complete, and they can afford it, they should pay. It can be so pricey and truthfully I would select out the best ones and be done. Maybe allow them to chose a few as well, but you cannot bankrupt yourself with this.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
About 5 hours after our wedding photos were posted online, our families had already made their orders. For us, a duplicate album would cost around $400 - no one in our families expected us to do that, especially since we''re young and just starting out. I think your plan to make albums for your families sounds wonderful. Also, it''s completely true that your parents will probably appreciate more photos of your family, etc. My mom ordered a whole set of photos to make her own album, and they were mostly of our family (with two of DH''s families - when I asked why, she said that she wanted to document the WHOLE day - cute). She also made mini-albums for my grandparents, which were again heavy on photos their sides of the family. What you''re doing with your albums is thoughtful, not rude!

Where did the etiquette about purchasing albums for parents come from? This is one of those "rules" that I''m not sure is entirely appropriate anymore. Neither of my parents gave albums to their parents for the same reasons - photography was pricey 35 years ago, too. I wonder if, when photography was mostly film, brides bought duplicate albums simply because it was difficult for parents to access proofs, order from the photographer, etc. With digital photography and the insane price of professional albums, it seems that purchasing a duplicate for each set of parents (which for us is more than 2) is a bit much. It''s a lovely gesture if the couple can afford to do so...but completely ridiculous if the parents are offended that they don''t receive a duplicate of the couple''s wedding album.

Silence those critics, your gift to the families is perfect!

tallblondemonster

Rough_Rock
i think its sweet and thoughtful that you would put in the time and effort to make individual customized albums for both sets of parents! its a wonderful gift and idea!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Our photographer offers a parent album for a good price so we are going to give them the albums as their gifts from us probably. I hope its not "improper" as far as wedding etiquette goes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results