shape
carat
color
clarity

Indy Gal is an Engaged Gal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Larie

Rough_Rock
WOO HOO!!
emsmile.gif
I am so excited for you! Cannot wait to hear the story!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Here's what happened. He could not have been less subtle. Pretty cute! He arrived in his best (ok, and only) suit with lillies. He said "Here's some flowers!" Then he followed me into the kitchen where I trimmed the stems. Then he put his hand in his pocket and said "Here's the camera you asked me to bring over!" Then he put his hand in his other pocket and said "And here's some chocolates!" I'm all "Thanks honey!" and struggling with the vase and things still in the kitchen. Then he says "And in case you want to be my wife, here's a ring!" he then pulls the Bulgari box out of the pocket and hands it to me.

He had this big goofy grin on his face the whole time. It was a VERY goofy proposal. I loved it!

Then I cried for like an hour (I have PMS, and it was happy crying). Then we woke our various parents up (they live abroad). And my mom says "Hello dear? Yes? You're engaged? Are you ok?" (Am I "OK"?!?? OF COURSE I'm OK!!! Well, she was half asleep. I told FI not to feel bad. The last bf who asked me to marry him (with no warning!) I called her and said "Ma! N just asked me to marry him!" and she said "OH MY GOD, YOU DIDN'T SAY YES DID YOU?!?" Of course I didn't! So, I guess "Are you ok" is a comparatively good response from her.

Then we went for dinner at one of the city's best restaurant. Had an extraordinary meal, and got ridiculously drunk on the 'on the house' champagne they provided us. Great diamond lighting in there! Call the fire department!

Then we fell asleep holding hands and calling each other "fiance". Happy and blessed!

4.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww--that''s so sweet! Love the "here''s some flowers; here''s the camera; here''s some chocolates; here''s a ring.. " Too cute!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, IG!!!!! That is such an awesome proposal and sounds soooo laid-back and yet so "done-up". Like he really thought about it (loading you up with crap, and overwheming your hands), and it worked! Congrats!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
SO CUTE!! I can just see you with your hands full of everything in the middle of the kitchen....too funny!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Hah! That''s a cute proposal. Congrats!
36.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Oh what an adorable proposal! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
I LOOVVE that proposal! You must be so happy!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
SUCH an adorable proposal!! I love it! Sounds like it was very "him" (which is always PERFECT!!!!!)

Big congratulations again, and can''t wait to see you over in the BIWs!!!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s such a cute proposal Indy!!! Congrats again!!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
what an awesome cute proposal. congrats!!! i love your moms reaction...hahah classic story.
emcocktl.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
That was so sweet Indy Gal!!! Congratulations
2.gif
!

beachbound

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I never post over here, but I have been following your story too!!!! Where''s the pictures?
4.gif
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

....Priceless! I love it! And of course the ring too.
30.gif
Congrats (soon to be) Mrs. Dr. Indy!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Awww, that is too cute! What an adorable proposal! Thinking about your fiance''s sweet note, goofy proposal, and you guys lying in bed holding hands calling each other fiance warms my heart! I''m so happy for you! Congrats again!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! Congrats! I remember too how right after FI propsed we kept calling each other "fiance!" And we still do! Enjoy and happy planning!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Indy!!!! Super cute.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! We are oh, so very happy.

It''s hard to focus and get work done.

And everyone is already saying ''So, when''s the wedding? What are your plans?'' I''m getting paranoid that what they are really asking is "Which country is the wedding in? It better be OURS!" and "Which religion will the wedding be? It better be OURS!" I feel like with all the nutty and vitriolic divisions... things could now get REALLY crazy! But we are going to try to manage everything firmly from the start.

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
Aww what an adorable proposal hehe They''re cute when they''re out of their element aren''t they? ;-)

Best wishes and big congrats!

~Heidi

jennypoo

Rough_Rock
That is *SO* cute! Well congratulations! I''m so happy some of us are making it off the list!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Your proposal story is great - so adorable! Congratulations!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
love the story! Congrats on your engagement!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful story, congratulations!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
WOOHOO, IG!! I am so gosh darn happy for you!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I''ve been on the phone and e-mail with various family members for most of the day and I am starting to really ''feel the love''. I''ve been so worried that everyone would be, I dunno...that my siblings would wonder why I''d even WANT to get married given the very large number of divorces among our various parents. And everyone''s kind of down on weddings after my dad got married YET AGAIN last fall amid much weirdness. Plus my mom doesn''t really like parties.

So I was worried.

But my sister just smacked me (over e-mail) and said ''YOU ARE MY ONLY SISTER and you are marrying a man you love. How can you think that I''m anything other than WICKED excited for you?'' (Which reminds me, we have step-sisters too. I should probably call them... I actually forgot!) And one of my brothers was all ''You must have babies right away! I can''t wait to be an uncle. I am so ready. Yay!'' And another brother was all using words like ''joy''. Very out of character.

My step-dad was practically in tears. And he said he actually cried when he got the note from my guy asking for his blessing. And my mom was all ''You''ll fly over here to go dress shopping with ME, RIGHT?'' and she''s already planning the party.

Wow. So I guess everyone IS excited! I''m the first of the enormous brood to get hitched, after all.

Maybe this all won''t be as bad as I thought it might. Maybe my parents will behave and it will actually be FUN!
3.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
And thanks to all for your kind good wishes! It IS really a joyful thing. I can''t believe I get to marry this wonderful man. I love him SO much.
30.gif
He said to me when we had only been dating a while that he thought that if we ever married we would be the sort of couple that would fall in love in different ways and at different times over the course of a long marriage, and always find new things about each other.

I really believe that he is right and I''m excited to find out. Oh, oh, oh. I found such a good man! And he wants to marry ME!
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
All the comments from your family sound so sweet. Congratulations both on being engaged and your family coming together for you. I''m so thrilled for you that your family is giving you the love you deserve!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!! Now you get to revel in all the engagement excitement!! How wonderful for you. Waiting for ring pics....

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Here's a new pic. He chose this ring for me! The info is not all at hand, but:

Bulgari 'Corona' setting in platinum with a .7 ct E VS diamond.

ringonfinger sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results