shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I''m in Love

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Good, I'm glad you all like it!! The more and more I look at it, the more I like it. I think its more of a "one of a kind" piece at the store .... but kind of pricey
15.gif
, no, a lot pricey. (Sigh) My bf wouldn't tell me how much but said that the center stone couldn't be as big/clear/white then....

I think I'm totally okay with that (its the cut that matters anyway right?) because I've looked at a lot of rings now and its the only one that I just can't get out of my head.

Matatora - I can't wait to see it on my hand too!!!
26.gif

DiamondLil - I think he's started picking it out! I think this is what he wants to "surprise me" with (since I've pretty much ruled out other setting options) I was looking at a few last night while watching "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" (fine, they showed a proposal and a wedding last night .... I DID NOT need to know that this entire season is dedicated to weddings.) My boyfriend was asking me about the depth and culet and all of these things I thought he had no idea about. He says to me, "And no comprimise on cut, right?" I said, "Right!" Since it was his computer I was browsing on ... I "happened" to check the History .... he's been doing all sorts of research.

Yay!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
that's so exciting! Its beautiful! Your BF gets big points for doing research, calling the jeweler for a picture, and listening to everything you say!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
He totally gets points!! (Btw, anymore on Your proposal situation?? Ehh, ehh?) Oh and extra points for making me feel like I''m low maintainance, when I''m totally high maintainance!! (ha, ha, When Harry Met Sally is one of my favorite movies ever!!

"Harry: I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

Aww......(sigh)

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
hehehe, you were watching the Queer Eye wedding/proposal shows???? I got sooo excited when I saw that, and we watched the proposal one (going to watch a rerun of the wedding.) My boyfriend refused to ACTIVELY watch it with me, but I got him to sit on the couch next to me and play on his laptop and look when I was like "OOH HE''S ABOUT TO DO IT!!!" and things like that.
12.gif
Overall a success! So happy!

Oh and did you see the original Queer Eye proposal episode from like the first season? Where they built the red Moroccan tent in the garden and the ring was in the fancy chocolate box? I loooove that episode.
9.gif

Hehe, although of course real life developments are more exciting! YAY FOR RESEARCH!!!
9.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I love it!!! I''m so excited for you! It''s so unique, I wouldn''t mind going down a touch in size for a ring that unique and pretty! I love that he took the initiative, good for him!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Is that the same one where they put all those umbrellas all over the ceiling for the wedding (soooo beautiful!!)

Haha, my bf, said about the proposal, "It figures, it was planned out by 5 gay guys." He always plays his Playstation during the commercials and I told him, "You can''t play it during this one! You might turn it back to late and I''ll miss the proposal!" He rolled his eyes at me much like this -->
20.gif
. Ha. But yeah, I''m totally excited that he''s doing research. I asked him when he wants to get married, and he said, "Well, after I finish school." I said, "Of Course! You finish school in June!" Wow, maybe it was Wicked Wednesday (instead of freaky Friday) b/c I was thinking on "boy time" and (gasp) was he thinking on girl time?

And JDgirl, thanks for helping me look for it. I told him that its a ring fit for a princess. (I always tell him that I''m THE princess. ha.) And I''m totally willing to go down in size (which means it will be about 1ct. - 1.25ct.). I think it will still look pretty, but I don''t know what a radiant looks like in that size. All the stores I''ve been in (they do this on purpose!) have only huge stones (2 +) on display!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 1:48:48 PM
Author: albicocca
hehehe, you were watching the Queer Eye wedding/proposal shows???? I got sooo excited when I saw that, and we watched the proposal one (going to watch a rerun of the wedding.) My boyfriend refused to ACTIVELY watch it with me, but I got him to sit on the couch next to me and play on his laptop and look when I was like 'OOH HE'S ABOUT TO DO IT!!!' and things like that.
12.gif
Overall a success! So happy!

Oh and did you see the original Queer Eye proposal episode from like the first season? Where they built the red Moroccan tent in the garden and the ring was in the fancy chocolate box? I loooove that episode.
9.gif

Hehe, although of course real life developments are more exciting! YAY FOR RESEARCH!!!
9.gif

I actually KNOW the girl who was proposed to!! SO jealous.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 3:03:24 PM
Author: AmberWaves

OHMYGOD WHICH GIRL??????? LONG CURLY HAIRED GIRL OR GIRL FROM LAST NIGHT''S EPISODE?????

[yes, I know I''m more excited than I should be
5.gif
]

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 3:09:56 PM
Author: albicocca

Date: 12/8/2005 3:03:24 PM

OHMYGOD WHICH GIRL??????? LONG CURLY HAIRED GIRL OR GIRL FROM LAST NIGHT''S EPISODE?????

[yes, I know I''m more excited than I should be
5.gif
]
Albicocca, are you talking about the one where he went to her work w/the jury summons from when they met and had her friends/family there w/the bouqets in the lobby? I totally cried!!! Sometimes I think my boyfriend should have put more planning into the proposal, but then I also think that I''d rather have something simple that he came up with himself than something that was orchestrated completely by STRANGERS (i.e. the queer eye guys). Heh. It was cute though!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
The girl with the chocolate box. Man, there was so much drama about that engagement. Something to do with the races of the couple.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, the chocolate box one, I think that was my favorite!!! That''s so cool Amber! Is she nice? Was she excited that it was all on TV, or did she feel weird about it? Do you mean there was real-life drama after the fact? What happened?????

teagreen - yes, that proposal was so cute too! But I did turn to my boyfriend periodically during the episode and go, "wait did JAI come up with that, or was that his idea?" And how they just handed him the fancy card with the jury summons and were like "okay, write THIS on the top" was really pretty impersonal. I mean, it was based on their personal story, but I like to think that the boyfriend actually came up with the ideas and told the queer eye guys that!!! (although I can''t imagine him coming up with the flowers over the faces bit....)

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, she was excited, but I believe one of the families (I can''t remember which one!!) didn''t approve of the wedding. As far as I know, I think they might have broken up. I''m no longer friends with them, so I dunno.
33.gif
It''s funny, coming from a broken home, I am so much MORE in love with marriage and all that. You''d think it''d be the opposite. All these couples breaking up (Nicole Richie & DJ AM) makes me sad.
20.gif
You know what''s funny? The whole Brad/Jennifer Aniston thing totally shocked me! It''s like, they seemed so happy! And I literally said to my BF, "If they can''t make it, with everything in the world at their feet, who can?" I don''t know why I took it so hard. Needless to say, I am disgusted with Brad and Angelina. Homewrecker.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 4:57:36 PM
Yeah, she was excited, but I believe one of the families (I can''t remember which one!!) didn''t approve of the wedding. As far as I know, I think they might have broken up. I''m no longer friends with them, so I dunno.
33.gif
It''s funny, coming from a broken home, I am so much MORE in love with marriage and all that. You''d think it''d be the opposite. All these couples breaking up (Nicole Richie & DJ AM) makes me sad.
20.gif
You know what''s funny? The whole Brad/Jennifer Aniston thing totally shocked me! It''s like, they seemed so happy! And I literally said to my BF, ''If they can''t make it, with everything in the world at their feet, who can?'' I don''t know why I took it so hard. Needless to say, I am disgusted with Brad and Angelina. Homewrecker.

OH NOOOOOOOOO THAT MAKES ME SO SAD!!!!!
39.gif
I just sent a long frantic string of IMs to my boyfriend explaining that you knew her and they''re probably broken up now.
7.gif
Soooo sad, I really liked them!!!

And in a way, I think it makes sense that you would feel more upset when people break up - because you can feel the effect of it in a more real way when someone ELSE breaks up (aka not just when you personally break up with someone), so when celebrity or whoever does, it seems like a bigger deal. I don''t know if I''m expressing what I''m trying to say there or not?

But my saddest people-I-don''t-know breakup was Meredith & Ian from the Bachelorette! Did anyone watch that season? They seemed soooooo in love, and stayed together for a long time after the show ended! I reeeally thought they were going to make it! I still periodically mention that to my boyfriend now, even though he has clearly expressed many times that my caring about their relationship makes me a loser.
1.gif
But I really thought they were so great together!!!!
7.gif

And I completely agree with you about Brad/Jen/Angelina!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and sorry Seattle!!! I just realized we''ve totally hijacked your thread.
7.gif
Keep us updated on your ring search though, we really aaaaare super excited for you!!!!!
9.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Amberwaves, you are tooo funny. I used to loooove Brad Pitt, not in a "hot guy" kind of way, but in a "I''m glad he''s a nice guy" kind of way. I met him back before he was uber-famous (on the set of "A River Runs Through It") and he seemed so incapable of being that kind of guy ... merp.

I''m glad that you are more in love with marriage b/c of that ... I am soooo skeptical about it. Maybe that''s why I''m more on the "boy timeframe..." My bf is law student, so of course the word "prenup" has been mentioned and makes my skin crawl. Why would you want to create basically a "Escape Plan?" Anyway, my mother is on marriage #4 and my dad is on #3 .... I think I have a reason to be a little skeptical (but for some reason, that doesn''t make me any less excited about getting engaged ....)

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
albicocca: Its alright ... that''s what I get for bring up Queer Eye!!

Thanks for your excitement and support... (so thinking about taking a work "break" to browse the jewelry store around the corner ...)

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 5:18:15 PM
Author: SeattleSparkle
I used to loooove Brad Pitt, not in a ''hot guy'' kind of way, but in a ''I''m glad he''s a nice guy'' kind of way. I met him back before he was uber-famous (on the set of ''A River Runs Through It'') and he seemed so incapable of being that kind of guy ... merp.

hehehe, that is SO FUNNY, my dad met Brad Pitt on the set of A River Runs Through It!!!! He was really mad though, because apparently Jack Nicholson hangs out in that area a lot and was at the restaurant the night before, so he didn''t get to meet Jack Nicholson - just "some young actor" who he later was able to identify as Brad Pitt. Oh well! I didn''t get to meet any of them.
20.gif

As for your bringing up Queer Eye, hehe, sorry, that just blew my mind when Amber knew the girl from my favorite episode! I can stop talking about it now though, I promise.
4.gif

And of course we''re all here for the excitement and support! What else is an LIW supposed to do??
2.gif
I''m just glad that your skepticism about marriage doesn''t extend to your own engagement; I really think that a lot of children of divorced parents are MORE likely to try and make it work because they have more of a gut reaction "negative" feeling about divorce, and are willing to try harder on their own marriages, than people who look at their parents'' marriages and expect their own to be just as happy, not realizing all the difficult discussions which most likely go on behind closed doors. In any case, I wish you the best of luck and am excited to hear how your ring/proposal/engagement/wedding etc story turns out!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
So sorry, Seattle!! Your ring is GORGEOUS. Makes me wish I was a little more creative.
face6.gif
Lame, aren''t I? Anyway, I believe in love one hundred percent. You have to, don''t you?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Wow Seattle, what a setting to fall in love with!! I love it, so original and dainty
30.gif

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Seattle, I love that ring. It''s so unique. Very delicate and a nice showcase for a center stone...Hope you get it!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Me too!! (I secretly want to be the only with it ... well, I guess the secrets out of the bag! I always pictured myself with a one of a kind ring ... but I was afraid that in order to do that it would have to be 'odd' , if you know what I mean. I'm glad that I found one I love that is also unique ... even though I couldn't find the picture for a long time)

I am afraid to get tooo attached to it though because what if its not the one he gets me.
38.gif
Its really pricey ... but he's going to be a lawyer someday right? (ha, ha) I think I'm willing to wait longer if that's the one I get!

I feel less guilty about wanting that particular one when I think about his desire to drive a Lexus SC430!!

Oh, I'm happy that you all like it ... maybe I need to go back downtown and try it on again with the band....

You do think it will "hold up" well over time right? That its pretty timeless??

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Seattle,

I'm all about getting a setting you LOVE! and not worrying about the fashion peaks and lows. When I got engaged, my boy spent A LOT on the setting. He could have bought a much bigger diamond for the price if he had gone with WF (they offered to make the setting for half the price) or just have a plain setting. The thing is, I've had a lot of problems with my ring, but I love the fact that in Canada, there's no one that has something like it. It makes me feel unique and special. So your setting is exactly the same thing, it has a real WOW effect! It won't go out of style to you because you love it!

Oh and I read your thread, and I noticed that your boyfriend is Viet. I am Viet too, and my boy is white. My parents are ultra conservative, and it took the YEARS AND YEARS to accept him, but now they love him. So no worries, if you hit a snag, time and patience will take care of everything.

35.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Allycat, thanks for the comforting words!! I''m not so worried about his family excepting me as I am of my family accepting him!! And I''m sooo glad to hear that your family loves your guy now!! I hope my family will step up to the plate too.

And thanks for the advice on the ring. I still love it. I can''t find anything that I like more and you''re right, as long as I still love it, then it will always be in style!!

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
Hey SeattleSparkle,

Congrats on finding the right ring. It''s super delicate and pretty!!! I don''t think it is a style that will ever be out of place, no matter the trend.

It''s too funny to hear how similar your situation is to mine --- but I am the law student and my boyfriend is Vietnamese.

BTW the little doggie is adorable!!! What breed is he/she?

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2005 2:24:52 PM
Author: Mimikins24
Hey SeattleSparkle,

Congrats on finding the right ring. It''s super delicate and pretty!!! I don''t think it is a style that will ever be out of place, no matter the trend.

It''s too funny to hear how similar your situation is to mine --- but I am the law student and my boyfriend is Vietnamese.

Thank you thank you. I loooove it. But is really is quite expensive, so I''m feeling slightly guilty (that money could go to a down payment of a house, pay off law school debt ... and so on.) But you only get one proposal in theory right? And that''s the one I want!!!

That''s funny about the similiarities!! What year are you in school? Where do you go? As much as I love him, I''m not such a fan of law (I tend to tune out when he starts talking about contracts and what not...) but I think it is such a noble pursuit, you law students work really really hard!!! (And I did too a little bit when I was helping him organize his law journal comment ...
1.gif
)

Oh and that picture? That little doggy''s name is Bear and he is a "schnoxie" I believe, meaning he is a cross between a dachshund and a shih tzu. So, I''m a little bit of a fraud, since he isn''t actually my dog (he belongs to the co-workers of my boss'' husband ... so I don''t actually know them ...) but I really want a dog sooooo bad, but I live in a teeny little apartment so I can''t really have one now. But when I saw the pictures of him, I just thought he was soooo cute and have been coveting him ever since. But I hear he is quite the handful. I also looove Mara''s avatar picture. Her dog is sooo adorable.

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/16/2005 3:29:49 PM
Author: SeattleSparkle
Date: 12/16/2005 2:24:52 PM

Author: Mimikins24

Hey SeattleSparkle,

Congrats on finding the right ring. It's super delicate and pretty!!! I don't think it is a style that will ever be out of place, no matter the trend.

It's too funny to hear how similar your situation is to mine --- but I am the law student and my boyfriend is Vietnamese.

That's funny about the similiarities!! What year are you in school? Where do you go? As much as I love him, I'm not such a fan of law (I tend to tune out when he starts talking about contracts and what not...) but I think it is such a noble pursuit, you law students work really really hard!!! (And I did too a little bit when I was helping him organize his law journal comment ...
1.gif
)

I'm in the middle of my second year (which means I am half way done once the exams are over with!). I go to school in Saskatchewan, Canada --- but I digress --- I don't want to hijack your thread here!

You are absolutely right that you only get engaged once, and the setting is such a huge part of the ring to me as well. If it is absolutely too expensive, you can always go for a less expensive centre stone. There is always the possibility of an upgrade in the future (if you are interested). For me, I want to keep the engagement ring just as it is, so the overall look of the ring is the most important. If that setting makes you swoon (which clearly it does!) then it is the right one! Obviously your BF must think so too if he was the one to look into the details.
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
SS- I saw this and thought of you. Hope you dont mind me bumping your thread.
2.gif

0351118_lg%5B1%5D.jpg

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t mind, its a beautiful picture!! And it just gets me thinking about the ring .... sigh. But, it also reminds me that I saw a ring similar to the one I feel in love w/ on Leon''s site awhile ago. I showed it to my bf, and he wasn''t crazy about it, but I think they look strinkingly similar (and actually, having Leon make this ring would probably be cheaper ....) I''ll try to post the picture soon.

Thanks for thinking of me!
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Doron Isaak this ring also made me think of you...just in case someone else falls for this style.

doronisaak ring for SS.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results