shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, your new house is FABULOUS! I love the high high ceiling in the living room and it looks so regal perched up on the hill! About your job... please do approach your manager and get what you have earned. You DESERVE the higher pay. If you don't want to talk in person, is it the kind of environment when you could brooch the subject by email?

Zoe, CONGRATS on a SECOND interview! You'll be swimming in offers in no time! I'm glad you had a good trip to Pennsylvania. I actually grew up in a suburb of Pittsburgh, and it's a very pretty state.

Marcy, I bruise easily too, so I feel your pain! Last week I was wearing a dreass with sheer hose and for some reason I looked at the back of my calf. I had bruises all up and down, from my knee to my ankle--and NO IDEA how I got them... :confused:

This morning I got up about 6:45 and launched right into my school stuff. I finished the last of my homework and took the final test for my audit class, and then went to the gym and had a HARD workout. Now I just have to finish the last class (which is crazy hard for me... the present value of an ordinary annuity with a discount rate equal to the carryover value and the end of the leaseback term -- WTF?!?!?)... but somehow I will do it. Ack.

OK, off to work on it some more, and then I'm going to a charity thing tonight. I hope this isn't like last year where I had one too many glasses of mediocre wine and started bidding on some wacky things in the charity auction. The CB has strict orders -- if he seems my arm go up to pull it right back down!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. :wavey:

Zoe, how exciting to have 2 interviews now. :appl: :appl: :appl: I am glad you had a nice time on your trip. That is wonderful your friend is so happy and married a great guy.

Dee Jay, I just love when that happens - you get all dressed up then notice a lovely bruise. You will definitely finish your last class and ace your CPA test. I have confidence in you. Did you buy anything at the auction?

Work was long and boring. I met some friends for lunch and for supper so I definitely ate too much today. Marty just called me a little while ago. It was 11 pm his time; he has to get up at 5 so he’ll have a short night. His cough sounded awful. At least he plans on being home next week. His doctor appointment is at 3 tomorrow.

Weather was beautiful here today. I rebelled again and left my jacket in the car.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi kids! Happy weekend is finally here. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Marty got home about noon today. The doctor said his lungs didn't sound like a diesel truck anymore. They sent him for x-rays, gave him more antibiotics, inhalers and a shot. He says his butt is sore.

It was a beautiful day so I took a break and went for a quick walk at work today. It was nice to get outside and get away from my desk for awhile. I didn't really have much to fix for supper so we went out. I had hamburger and a few fries. We had a skinny cow ice cream sandwich when we got home.

Looking for to a nice weekend. The snow is almost melted. Yippee!

Have a wonderful and healthy weekend.

Marcy

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Hi, so glad that Marty is ok and you really have a good day!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Marcy, I'm glad Marty got some medical care and I hope he's better in no time! LOL on the snow almost being melted--aside from the random flurries we had last weekend, I can't even imagine still having snow right now!

So yesterday was... well, it just WAS!

(Warning: novel ahead! Feel free to skip this part!!!

I woke up at 6:30, checked the DMV website, saw it opened at 8 am and sprang out of bed and hustled over there. I got everything squared away with the plates (assuming no one in Springfield objects to my vanity plate for Billy Ray--I guess I'll know when it comes!). Then I went next door to the driver license place with my MO license, passport, and two utility bills. Well the guy at the front who acts as the gate keeper said I also needed my Social Security card too. Dude--I'm 42 years old! I haven't seen that thing in about 30 years! Whatever. So I went to City Hall and got city stickers for the cars, and then dropped The Brick off at the jeweler because I got a nastygram from my insurance company that because my appraisal was five years old if I didn't get a new one BY TODAY they were going to drop my covered. While the appraisal was getting done I walked over to jeweler's row and looked at a diamond bezel for my Rolex, but it didn't really thrill me, so I went back and picked my appraisal and walked home. I have a big zip lock baggie of cards and things (like my CVS card, a couple of gift cards, etc.) and my Social Security card was in there too. Then I met a friend for lunch, returned two dresses at Nordstrom Rack, and went back to the driver's license place. Well it turns out I didn't need my Social Security card after all because I had already had an Illinois driver license (ARGGGGGGH!!!). BUT, I had to retake the written test. That was a little hairy, LOL! I did pass though! Then I came home and the CB came down and we went to a (very disappointing) Thai place for dinner. I mapped it out and I walked over 7 miles yesterday... All in boots with the wrong socks so the bottom of my right foot is a little sore now (there might be a blister too) so I'm not going to work out until tomorrow.

WHEW!!!

And today I am going to do homework homework homework. The weather is good (I think it's supposed to be 68 here) and sunny, so maybe we will go for a walk over by the lake--but in tennis shoes with the right socks this time!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!

Thank you, Meredeth11. I was quite worried. You have a great weekend too.

Dee Jay, your “novel” made me chuckle several times. Glad you were able to haul your "brick" in for an appraisal, got your vanity plate request turned in and renewed you DL. Rats you couldn’t find a diamond bezel for your Rolex. So many of those things have the diamonds with high “yuck” factor. I would be terrified to take a written exam to get my DL. I’d probably fail if I answered relative to how I actually drive. :naughty: Sorry your dinner was disappointing. Hopefully you had some great wine to wash it done. I hope your foot feels better.

We got up about 6:30. Marty is doing better today. Yippee!!! I made waffles for BF and microwaved Marty some bacon. Then we went to 2 hardware stores (boring), Bed, Bath and Beyond and a furniture store. We went on a spending spree like we have too many bloody Mary’s for BF. We got a water filtration system for the sink downstairs in the wet bar, LED lights for our canned ceiling lights and a dimmer switch for them, drapes for our sun room (aka the room I wander over to sleep in when I can’t sleep but it had not drapes), paint / stain for the deck, a water pressure thingamabob to clean the deck off first, a drawer / shelf piece for the laundry room, a rustic look canvas photo of an old biplane for the man cave and mattresses for both guest rooms.

Marty got an email from the local Ford dealer interested in buying his F250 if it’s for sale. Weird. We went and looked at little pickups at Toyota, Ford, Chevy and Honda. We like the Honda one pretty well. I guess used cars are hard to come by so that is why Ford contacted us. We’d have to sell our RV (and probably take a hit on it) but I don’t see either of us really wanting to go camping again. Marty would rather golf and I am just not a camper. Anyway Marty and I came up with a ridiculous we’ll buy it if you sell it to us for this with our trade number so I am sure Marty will be out there talking to the guy next week. There is a local RV dealer he should talk to about taking our RV on consignment or see if they’d buy it. I don’t know how it will work out but we are perfectly content to leave things the way they are so that gives us lots of wiggle room. Marty is basically also tired of driving the bouncing diesel back and forth to the airport and then holding his breathe when he tries to start the diesel a week later. You’d think Denver’s airport would have places to plug in diesel pickups in the winter.

I scrunched the better of my 2 knees too hard climbing up in to the truck so my left knee is going ‘Yo, Marcy! You are truly a stupid *&^^%%%^ch. I took advil. As long as I am not bending it; it is no better or worse than normal.

We had cheese, crackers and wine for supper and sat out on our patio for the first time. Wine won’t help my knee but then again I may not care as much.

I might be ambitious tonight and go flatten boxes for the recycle bin. Then again I may just watch TV and play Words with Friends.

Laters, :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Zoe-congratulations on the interviews! That's awesome. I student taught first grade and loved it. I might still be teaching if I hadn't been stuck with 6th graders for 5 years. I'm glad you had a great time in Philadelphia. Matt and I had decided to sit tight, but the right house came up for sale in the area we really wanted to move to, and it was priced to sell. We hopped on it!

Dee*Jay-I live in West Virginia. Everything either sits uphill or downhill! I'm glad this house is on the uphill side. Your new license plate cracks me up. I hope nobody objects. If someone does formally object, will you have to give it up? I need to get to the DMV by Wednesday to get my registration renewed. I'm not clever enough to come up with a vanity plate. I see MOVEIML8 on the way to work every morning. That one would totally fit me! Glad you got everything taken care of. I had to have a bunch of documents when I renewed my license in January. WV goes by the federal Real ID standards, and I had a heck of a time getting everything together to prove I'm me.

Marcy-I'm so glad Marty is doing better. I was worried about him. Being sick like that for a period of time can really wear you down. I bet the shot will do him a lot of good. Our tentative closing date is May 31. The owners will be closing on their new house a few days earlier and hope to be out by the time we close. Matt keeps going back and forth on movers. A bunch of his coworkers have already volunteered to help. We'll see. Sounds like you went on a heck of a shopping spree! I don't want to buy anything at all until we actually move. Too bad because I have a 30% Kohls coupon and Kohls cash burning a hole in my pocket! I didn't know you we're thinking about getting rid of your RV. I'm absolutely NOT a camping out kind of person. The last time we went on a camping trip with family, Matt and I rented a cabin.

I've been cleaning out closets and packing for the last several days. I'm counting it as exercise! We've decided to start parking Matt's car in the driveway so we can get boxes packed and moved out of the house. We've tossed a bunch of stuff and taken a big load to the donation center, and they will be seeing a lot of us over the next few weeks. I arranged to have an extra trash bin delivered, and I have a boatload of stuff ready for recycling. Food hasn't been great, but not horrible either. We're keeping up with our walks because Lily insists on going. Bless her little heart! She's great motivation. Have a great Monday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.

Deegee, I bet you have a lot of stuff to throw out. I decided we didn’t throw enough things away. Good idea to start stacking things up in the garage. May 31st will be here before you know it. I believe that packing burns calories. That is good your new place will be uphill in case it floods. How many bedrooms and bathrooms will it have? Are you putting your place on the market before you move or waiting until you are completely moved out? I think the shot really helped Marty. His coughing isn’t as severe or frequent today and he played golf. I am kind of surprised Marty wants to sell the RV but I am all for it. I have never liked camping. I don’t know what that means for astronomy but we’ll see. Until I met Marty I would take my scope to the dark site, observe until I had to use the little astronomer’s room, pack up and go home. Most of the astronomers we know have campers.

I was not highly motivated this morning and planned on meeting Marty on the 19th hole about 11:30 but he texted me about 10:20 saying they were done already. They were the second group off the tee and the people in front of them flew through 18 holes so they followed suit. I had ordered a pizza to pick up at 11:15 so we could all have a bite to eat instead of having popcorn and drinking alcohol. I had to go back and pick it up. The golf course restaurant isn’t open on weekends until May. I didn't even get my laundry started before he sent a text to me.

After we had a drink and lunch we went to the 2 local furniture stores to look for a large metal clock to hang over our fireplace. We found one we like. It fills the space a lot better than the 16 x 20 photo we had hanging there.

Marty is brewing up supper for us. Ingredients will be pasta, tenderloin, stewed tomatoes and assorted other seasons and veggies. It smells good.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-the new house is 3000 sq ft. It looks bigger than that on the outside because of the super high ceilings. It has 3 br, 3 full baths, den, bonus room over the garage, eat in kitchen, dining room, family room, & laundry room (which is nice because right now I only have a laundry closet). The closets are huge, which is very nice. It was a custom built home by a couple with no children, and they've done a lot of things the way I would have done them. The den downstairs is the same size as one of the bedrooms upstairs and it is right beside a full bathroom, so were thinking of making it a guest room and putting the den upstairs. My parents can't do stairs very well. The bonus room over the garage will be the man room. Matt isn't allowed to take over my family room! It also has a whole home gas generator that was installed after our derecho storm knocked out power for weeks last year. Yippee! I'll never be without power again! We have to finish painting and make a few repairs before we put our house up for sale. I'd like to wait until we move out before we replace the carpet, but I think we can get it up for sale when the painting is finished. The dinner Marty is making sounds delicious. I'm sure glad he's feeling better!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, wow - your new house sounds like it has a terrific layout. Good idea to have a main floor spare bedroom so your parents won't have to navigate the stairs. Matt will enjoy his man room and how wonderful to have a generator. That is a definite plus. It is definitely easier to paint and replace the carpeting when you have moved everything out. You will love having a laundry room. Our old place had a little closet off the dining room and now I have an entire room. It is quite nice. Marty's dinner turned out pretty good. He got too much salt in it but it tasted good. I even handed him a sponge and had him clean up the stove for me. :bigsmile:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, wow, busy Saturday you had! Do you ever just relax, you know, kick your feet up, watch a movie, read, or do nothing whatsoever but watch the rain out the window? :cheeky: I'll have to read through your thread about vanity plates to see what ideas you came up with. I love trying to figure out some of the more obscure ones when I'm driving behind someone.

Marcy, good for selling the RV (or wanting to, at least)!

Deegee, I keep going back to look at pictures of your new house. It's so pretty, and quite big for two people!

This is a three day work week for me because of my interviews. One's on Wednesday and one's on Friday. I've been running through common interview questions and my possible answers in my head all weekend. It's nerve-wracking but it's all good. Now that our last vacation is over we're in the last couple of months before school is over. Spring fever has hit, big time!

We went to my brother-in-law's birthday party yesterday. It was good to see his family. I kind of feel like an outsider though to some degree because although I've known everyone for over 9 years, we're still on the basic "So how are you, how's work, yada yada yada..." surface level of familiarity. Does that make sense? After the initial few questions, I feel like we don't have much to talk about and I feel awkward. I stayed away from the pasta salad and the birthday cake, but I ate more potato salad than I should have. Oh well.

Off to work! Have a great Monday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Marcy, I’m glad to hear Marty is doing better, and YAY for sitting out on your deck! Will the developer do the landscaping for you once spring is in full force, or is that your own project? As for your poor knee—YOWCH. I actually paid the price for my 7 mile walk all weekend long… This morning is the first time I’ve been able to fully straighten my right knee. Amazing; I can do a hard hour of cardio and be totally fine, but walking on the straight flat sidewalks will leave me damn near crippled!

Deegee, I love MOVEIML8! Funny though, when I first read it I got “MOVIE” out of it. I was like, so this person likes movies… ? Then I figured it out. As for cleaning stuff out, my advice is, WHEN IN DOUBT, THROW IT OUT!!! Having move three times in 9 months, I am still finding stuff I should have given to the Salvation Army. At the rate I’m going they are going to name a wing after me!

Zoe, I have to confess, when I have *nothing* to do, I PANIC! I even said to the CB last night, “What am I going to do next after I finish the CPA exam?” He looked at me like I had grown a second head! Seriously, I just CAN NOT sit still. And I totally identify with the awkward family thing. Every time I get forced into a family situation I have the same experience because I’m not really close to any of them.

Today I am going home after work and finishing the homework from the sixth of ten classes in this series. I may have to take myself down in the party room in my building to make it happen, but I’m not going to bed until I’m done! And I HAVE to get some better/different allergy meds on the way home. There has been absolutely no oxygen to my brain for a couple of days now… UGH.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Zoe, I will be thinking of you on Wednesday and Friday. It is so hard to prepare ahead of time for what questions they will ask you in an interview. Good luck! I know what you mean about knowing people for 9 years but still feel awkward talking to them. I guess the connection just isn’t there; it’s not like you don’t like them and they are not really family so when you don’t see them a lot it is hard to become more comfortable with them. I hope we can sell the RV. If we can get that sold the new “trucklet” payment will be a wash in our finances. Keep your fingers crossed for a quick sell.

Dee Jay, Marty continues to seem better each day. That shot must have kicked in quickly. Sorry your knee is getting your attention but glad to hear it is getting better. Cement is really hard on my knees too. Even though we are going to have a greenway to the south and east of us I think I’ll walk on the roads around here. Pavement is easier on the joints. I like your motto "when in doubt, throw it out". I am going to have a massive stack of stuff to take to meals on wheels. You will find a new project when you finish your CPA. I remember when I got fired from my teaching job; after working 2 jobs and having no free time I was lost. I quickly found ways to fill my evenings and weekends though. Ugh to needing allergy medicine. I should pick some up too. The week trees bloom I want to put m head in a vice.

Work was very busy today. Marty talked to a Honda dealer in a little town 50 miles away who has the model of “trucklet” he wants. (I am calling it that because it is so small compared to his extended cab full bed F250). He talked them down to where he wanted to trade so I guess we are going to go buy a new trucklet tomorrow. They haven’t seen his truck yet but I am sure they will agree to the trade amount.

I worked about 45 minutes late so we didn’t get done with supper until after 7.

We had lovely 70 degree weather today. Tomorrow night though we are expecting snow. Yes, snow again.

Well, I need to get my rings soaking.

Marcy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, I think we've talked about your non couch potato-ness before. :bigsmile: I'm impressed you have so much energy. My sister's like that, always on the go. My brain is always thinking even if it looks like I'm sitting on the couch watching mindless TV. It's exhausting and very hard to turn off!

Deegee, I'm with Dee*Jay on this, when in doubt, throw it out. It feels so good to have less stuff laying around. I need to do it again, actually. I've been weeding through school stuff but I need to do more.

Thanks for the good thoughts, Marcy! I'll let you know how both interviews go. I'm glad to hear that Marty's doing well.

I've lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks, which puts me at 20-21 lbs lost since mid-December or so. No news other than that. We've been eating more fish lately and having it with salad, which has been nice. Did I just say that?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Marcy, what sort of stuff are you taking to Meals on Wheels… Tupperware? Dishes? I didn’t even think of that when I moved and now I feel bad about giving a bunch of kitchen stuff to the Salvation Army (or even just tossing some of it out) because I would much rather have given it to MoW here. What a good idea!

Zoe, I am totally with you on the brain never shutting down thing! I especially notice it on the weekends when I close my eyes to take a nap. The CB will have slept and gotten back up again and my mind is still in full spin mode. I will eventually all asleep, but only after I’ve thought through every problem in the universe!

So the allergy meds I got on my way home last night did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I did manage to finish all my homework (even though I did the last half of it in bed), but finishing the online test was out of the question. And I woke up around 2 am absolutely miserable so I took some cold meds. The crazy thing is, I’m not sure that it IS a cold, but the meds worked *a bit* better so I’ll take what I can get at this point.

My scale seems to be holding steady in the 127-130 range. I haven’t been able to work out since last Thursday, and food during the week is bad here at work (although I have been good at sticking to my rule about not eating anything once I leave the office on the days I work), but hopefully I can get back to the gym this weekend and start chipping away at those last 10ish lbs again…

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you ever have one of those days when you just want to curl up and hide from people? My day was like that and it's only going to get worse on Thursday, when I have to deal with some things I'd rather not deal with. I can't go into detail here but trying to fix sticky situations is so not fun.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww... Zoe, I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad day. We're here for you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Zoe, congratulations on losing 21 pounds since December. That is terrific! I am very sorry to hear you are having a tough day. I hope things look much better tomorrow.

Dee Jay, I am going to pack up some sheets, blankets, pillows and curtains to take to meals on wheels. I am glad the cold meds are helping. Yay for holding steady with those numbers looking back at you on the scale. Woo Hoo!

We got Marty’s trucklet today. It is pretty nice. I know he is going to miss his F250 but he seems pretty happy with his choice. We were at the dealers until about 11:30. We stoped and had lunch then came home.

This afternoon we picked up a few groceries, stopped at the liquor store and went for a ride.

It started snowing about 6 pm and will be snowing until about 6 pm tomorrow. They are predicting 6 to 12 inches of snow. It rained a lot this afternoon so the roads will be very icy in the morning. My favorite. Ice! Aak.

We had leftovers for supper but I made mini meatloaves and mac and cheese for supper tomorrow and will have Marty put them in the oven about 5 tomorrow. I love coming home to a ready and waiting supper.

Deegee, how is the packing coming along?

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had a reply written out and it disappeared. Grrr!!!

Marcy-trucklet cracks me up! Did he get a Ridgeline? I have a friend who has one and it is very nice, but is definitely a bunch smaller than the F250. I hope your knees are feeling better. I have to be careful with cleaning and packing because it doesn't take much to make my back act ugly. Matt is heading out of town for the rest of the week. Wahhhh!!!

Zoe-congrats on the weight loss. That's awesome! Good luck with your interviews. I hope everything settles down for you soon.

Dee*Jay-Matt is having a terrible time with his allergies right now and nothing seems to be helping. I think he has snot for brains right now.

Today was rushed. I was late getting to work because of a wreck on the interstate. I left early because I thought I had a hair appointment, and then remembered when I was almost there that it got changed to tomorrow. Ah! I'm going to be late again tomorrow because I need to go to the DMV first thing in the morning, and then leave early for my hair appointment. I'm going to get it cut even shorter than last time. I spent 2 hours this evening cleaning out my closet. I had a pile for donations, and then I took everyone's advice and went through everything again and ended up with 3 big garbage bags full of clothes to give away. I decided if I didn't wear it last season, I won't wear it and it needs to go. I will go through my closet one more time before we move and get rid of more stuff. I swear someone else put their junk in my closet. I made spaghetti for dinner, and we walked 2 miles this evening. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, yes, Marty got a Ridgeline. It is pretty nice but definitely smaller and less powerful than his diesel F250. The guys at the car dealer were talking about his stereo system though. He put in an after market sirius radio, cd player and even had a base and sub woofers under his back seat. I bet that is the first thing he wants to change in his new trucklet. How awful to be stuck on the interstate and also to head out early on the wrong day. Just think in about 5 weeks you won't be driving on the interstate and can sleep in a little bit later. How exciting. All the packing and going through things will be rough on your back. I tried to do as much as I could setting down and that helped. My knees are better thanks and I can get in and out of the new trucklet okay. Spaghetti sounds delicious; I may have to make that some night. I am glad you got in a nice walk tonight.

We've got about 3" of snow already. :((

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls! Sorry to be so cryptic. If this wasn't a public forum, I'd go into more detail.

I can't stop laughing right now. I giggle til my stomach hurts when I'm nervous, and I'm a nervous wreck right now. I'm home alone, going over possible interview questions, and I can't stop laughing hysterically...at nothing in particular. It's a sight. Let's hope I get it all out of my system before my interview this afternoon.

Okay, must go back to studying.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I kid Matt all of the time about how my MDX has more horsepower than his wimpy Pilot. I hope Marty can get used to it quickly. I went from a snappy little lightweight Infiniti with 310 hp to my MDX, which has AWD and 300 hp, so it wasn't too much of a learning curve. You guys will be car stereo shopping this weekend, if not before! It's May 1-it isn't allowed to snow anymore! Mother Nature needs to cut it out. I will have to be on the interstate for less than a mile when we move to our new house. The entrance ramp I take is also the exit ramp for the exit I take, so I don't even have to change lanes. I can sleep until 7:10 every day. I've got this all planned out!

Dee*Jay'-speaking of hp, I bet your Porsche will punch it! I'm sure you haven't taken full advantage of it, right? No need for that radar detector...

Zoe-Good luck!!! I've interviewed a bunch of people in my job. I can tell you stories-but I'll wait until your interviews are over. I'm sure you'll do great!

I decided to take today off to get some things done. I was going to be late and leave early anyway. Lily and I are taking a break outside on the porch. It's a beautiful 75 degree, breezy day. Ahhhh. Unfortunately I'm sneezing my head off because of the pollen. Im getting ready to head to the DMV and to get my hair chopped off. I could get used to days like this! So far i have had a banana, and i will probably have leftover spaghetti for dinner. Lily and I will be sure to get our walk in before dark. Have a great evening!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy, I hope Marty likes his new ride.

Deegee, we're having similar weather up here. It's a bright and sunny day and it's 78. Sorry Marcy!

My interview went well today but it's always hard to tell. I met with about 8 people and right off the bat, I was told we'd have 30 minutes. I could have expanded more on some of my answers but I was so conscious of the time, so I gave the cliff notes version. I couldn't really read any of the interview committee members but they were all very nice. I'll hear by Friday because they want to send someone to interview with the superintendent (it's usually just a formality by that point) and the school board is meeting next Monday. The candidate's name will be brought to the board members for approval that night, so things will move quickly. Now I need to focus on my interview for Friday. I thought my pros and cons list would be a little easier to update after today but it's not. We'll see what happens in the next couple of days.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :wavey:

Zoe, no worries about not being able to vent or share here – I know the feeling. Too funny you had the giggles. That is great you think your interview went well today; it is so hard to tell. When my current employer hired me my last interview was with the VP. He spent maybe 5 minutes at the most with me and asked me about 4 questions, then he said he was done he found out what he wanted to know and thanked me for coming in. I was sure I’d never hear from them again. I wish I could tell you what questions they’d ask; I don’t think you’ll get a question like “what’s more important cut or color?” :bigsmile: Enjoy that weather for me.

Deegee, that is awesome you will just have to get on the interstate then exit again. Will you be living “in” a bigger city or on the outskirts? That it too cute you have your time all planned out to sleep in and get to work on time. I love it that you tease Matt about his car being wimpy compared to yours. I think I’ll start doing the same with the trucklet. Marty was already talking to Crutchfield today about what he can do to upgrade the stereo system. He “says” what is has is fine for now. I wouldn’t bet you a dollar he will still have the same stereo by his birthday, which is in October. It sounds like you had a lovely day. Do you like your new haircut?

We had 15” of snow. I eagerly accepted Marty’s offer to take me to work in his trucklet this morning. We got about 3 miles down the road and I remembered my security badge was in my car so we had to come back and get it. We’d left early so I still made it to work on time.

Work was crazy busy; I didn’t get to my sandwich until about 2 pm. I baked our mac and cheese and mini meat loaves when we got home. We had a glass of chardonnay and raw veggies while we waited for supper to be done.

You aren’t going to believe what I did last night. I left the gas stove on low from 5 pm until Marty found it at 6:15 this morning. He smelled the gas when he came in to the living room. I’d had that burner on low getting the cheese to melt in the mac and cheese and then didn’t shut it off. It is so low you can barely see it. We opened the window in the living room to get the gas out of here. I told Marty my teddy bears were feeling funny from it because they had this dumb, glazed look this morning. I am very OCD about checking to make sure doors are locked. Now I have something else to add to my list. My electric stove had a big red light that indicated a burner was on PLUS I could have it click off and on as it tried to keep heating the burner. The gas stove doesn't have either of those for me.

I need to go start on the club newsletter. I should have posted it yesterday. Rats!

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Zoe, I’m glad to hear your interview went well yesterday! I’m surprised though that after just a 30 min interview (but with 8 people –holy cow!) they would be pretty much ready to hire someone (after the formality with the superintendent). I mean, it’s not like any of them had the opportunity to interact with you as a *person*. And I think it’s cute that you giggle when you’re nervous.

Deegee, the money for that radar detector is the best three grand I ever spent! There was a moment outside of Davenport, Iowa, when I was making the drive from KC to Chicago when I wanted to kiss the guy who invented that thing because otherwise I would have been looking at a ticket around 125 mph. ACK!!!

Marcy, I left the electric stove on in my KC apartment one time. I don’t know how long it was on—could have been a few hours, could have been a week for all I know. The only reason I noticed was because I went to heat up water for a cup of tea. I can’t believe the bottom of the teapot hadn’t burned off or something by them.

Yesterday was my company’s annual meeting. I learned SO MUCH! Everyone was joking that it would have been helpful to get that sort of info on day 1, but honestly I think it was a lot more meaningful after a month because I could better put things in context. I went home about 3 yesterday, listened to the second half of a CPA lecture, and did some homework. Today I’m going to be in the office until about noon (we're having a firmwide update, so I wanted to come in for that), then go and show one of my listings in Lincoln Park, and then going to dinner with the CB and some of his family because it’s his mother’s birthday. In between the showing and dinner I will find a convenient Starbucks and crank out another couple hours of homework. How exciting is my life?!?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay, I giggle a LOT, and unfortunately, it's not always at appropriate times. My parents say that I should have my own Tickle Me Elmo doll. It's weird, the whole interview process. There aren't always (often?) second interviews with the committee, so it's good to make a great impression the first time around because you may not get to follow up. I've only seen a couple of call backs when we (interview panel) couldn't decide between two candidates. It sounds like you have a very good life over there in Chicago! :bigsmile: Have fun at dinner tonight!

Marcy, 15" of snow...really?! That's crazy? Doesn't Mother Nature know it's MAY? Oooh, scary to leave the gas on all night. I think I've actually done that before, too.

A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders today and it turned out to be a really good day. I had a chat with someone and I was dreading it but it went very well, surprisingly. All is good! It feels great to finally have closure.

In other news, I didn't get the kindergarten job I interviewed for yesterday but that's okay. They were looking for someone with experience in kindergarten and I don't have it. There wasn't anything I should have said or done differently (I asked about that and that's what the principal said), so that made me feel fine about not getting the job.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Deegee, I forgot to answer this the other day. We have sod and 3 trees in escrow so we should get them put in soon. Of course first winter needs to get over with here. They already installed the sprinkler system but it remains to be seen if they work. It sounds like you have a very exciting life. You are certainly busy. When is your CPA test? How was dinner?

Zoe, I am glad to hear you had some closure with something that was weighing on your mind. It’s nice when things turn out better than you expect. Sorry to hear you didn’t get the kindergarten job but nice they gave you positive feedback. Good luck tomorrow.

We had bright blue skies and sunshine all day. The roads are mostly clear but the snow is still piled up. The weather channel has been naming snow storms; if we get another one I am going to email them and suggest they name it “ENOUGH!” Of course I won't believe we are through with snow until early June.

Work was crazy again today but I am looking forward to about a month from now when I’ll be bored out of my mind. I’ll enjoy that for a few days anyway.

I left a roast cooking in the crock-pot today. I made potatoes and veggies to go with it. We ran down to Pier 1 to pick up Marty’s bar stools. Marty is almost done with his man cave and decorations and I still haven’t found much for upstairs. I think I’ll order a canvas print of one of our favorite photos from Glacier.

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Deegee, I forgot to answer this the other day. We have sod and 3 trees in escrow so we should get them put in soon. Of course first winter needs to get over with here. They already installed the sprinkler system but it remains to be seen if they work. It sounds like you have a very exciting life. You are certainly busy. When is your CPA test? How was dinner?

Zoe, I am glad to hear you had some closure with something that was weighing on your mind. It’s nice when things turn out better than you expect. Sorry to hear you didn’t get the kindergarten job but nice they gave you positive feedback. Good luck tomorrow.

We had bright blue skies and sunshine all day. The roads are mostly clear but the snow is still piled up. The weather channel has been naming snow storms; if we get another one I am going to email them and suggest they name it “ENOUGH!” Of course I won't believe we are through with snow until early June.

Work was crazy again today but I am looking forward to about a month from now when I’ll be bored out of my mind. I’ll enjoy that for a few days anyway.

I left a roast cooking in the crock-pot today. I made potatoes and veggies to go with it. We ran down to Pier 1 to pick up Marty’s bar stools. Marty is almost done with his man cave and decorations and I still haven’t found much for upstairs. I think I’ll order a canvas print of one of our favorite photos from Glacier.

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results