shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-on the way home from my shopping trip Saturday (while Matt was driving), I was searching Zappos for a new pair of waterproof black boots with a low heel because my feet got soaked walking around in the rain all day. I hate it when my feet are wet! I didn't mail cards last year and to year isn't looking too promising. I really need to since I moved and need to let people know where I went. I went as far as to buy a box of cards over the weekend. Now if only they'd march themselves to the post office after they filled themselves out, I'd be in business.

Hi Marcy!

I had a cup of leftover chili for lunch today. Matt and I both worked late tonight, so he picked up a pizza for dinner on the way home. One of my employees made everyone in our group a personal cheesecake in the flavor of our choice (I chose cherry). I ate 1/4 of it tonight, and I texted her that it was pure awesomeness in a spoon! It didn't just have cherry topping, it had cherries all the way through. Super yum! I have worked enough extra hours the last few weeks that I won't have to use vacation for some of the days I take off next week and the week after. Yay! I'm off to call mom and then I swear I'm going to bed early. I'm so sleepy! Good night!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Deegee, my stove is a Frigidaire Gallery gas stove and oven with convection. I like it quite a bit. The refrigerator and dishwasher is the same brand and series and I don’t care for them. They were standard appliances with our house but we upgraded to stainless. I am sure they aren’t high end. Darn it that you missed the cookie exchange at the house you’d like to see. Maybe take them over some of your chocolate peanut clusters and hopefully they’ll invite you in. How is your dad today? That is so incredibly stupid that he couldn’t get his nausea medicine. I hope he does okay with the chemo. Cherry cheesecake sounds divine. I love both cherries and cheesecake.

Dee Jay, I like how you think – I so agree that sliding in to a curb on ice is not my fault. I did check my tire and wheel and it has a bit of a scuff on the tire but that could be from anything. I hope your furs are okay when you get them on Thursday. Good luck with the state attorney. We had to fill out a claim once against a guy who took about $350 from us to order parts to fix a stove then never showed up again and we couldn’t get our money back from him. We never saw a penny of that money again. I will use light pink nail polish when I know I won’t be getting to my nails again for a few days. I must check on Uggs sheepskin inserts.

I got gas on my way to work this morning and picked up groceries on the way home – doing chores coming from and going to work. I think I have everything I need for this weekend. I had lean cuisine mac and cheese for supper. I was going to eat it out of one of my Christmas dishes but decided with my luck I’d break it.

Speaking of breaking it – the baking dish I got does have a crack in it. I thought maybe I did it when I washed it but once the pan dried it disappeared again except now of course I can see it. The baking dish is earthenware not china and the one I got was the floor model. That store puts a barcode sticker on purchases for returns but the clerk put it on the dish instead of the box and of course I threw it away as well as my receipt. I know I can use it for serving but I won’t be baking in it. Rats. Everything else came out great though.

Tomorrow night I am going to bake my last batch of cookies. I think I’ll pick up a pizza on the way home so I can have lunch for the rest of the week. I don’t want to cook any meals on top of baking.

Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, I forgot to say that when I was still *hopeful* about mailing cards I went to the Post Office and bought 200 stamps. Fortunately they are those “forever” stamps so I can use them next year… and with everything I send out in 2014 – HA! People will be like, WHY did I get this thing in the middle of July with a Christmas stamp on it… ???

Curby, that’s so WRONG about the guy who took the $350 and never came back to fix the stove! Can you BELIEVE the things that people do? I seriously wonder how some folks can get up and look in the mirror in the morning. Last night I took my no chip polish off and I’ll be sporting just regular clear for the next few weeks because I don’t want to worry about getting them redone in Tahoe and I’m certainly not taking my light and everything else I need to do them there.

Last night I had some potato chips and brie when I got home at 10 pm. Oops. And my admin just gave me a box of candy from the Fudge Pot, which is this tiny independent candy store here in Chicago. They make everything right there at it is delicious beyond words. It may only be 10:14 am but I am sitting here eating a chocolate covered pretzel… don’t tell my a$$!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Happy Wednesday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, good plan to stock up on Christmas stamps to use through the year. I accidently bought 240 of those silly poinsettia forever stamps. I’ll be using them for a while too. I didn’t do the math too well at Sams when I asked how many came in a package. I couldn’t agree more about how can some people live with themselves? I would sure like to believe in karma that they don’t get away with it forever. I just had a delicious piece of candy myself. I got a box of chocolates today and just had to go for the caramel.

Deegee, how are you doing? How is your dad today? How is your mom holding up?

I made my last batch of cookies (I hope) tonight for the family dinner. Tomorrow night will be fudge then I plan on resting up on Friday and Saturday. Of course with Marty getting home late tomorrow Saturday will probably be a run around and do things day. Or he’ll be on the couch.

Those nasty 4 letter words cold and snow are coming back tomorrow. You’d think it was winter or something around here.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Marty is Coming Home Thursday! :wavey:

Okay, my list of things to stay away from - boiling hot sugar, evaporated milk, butter and marshmallow cream. If you drop something in it and pick it up your fingers are going to get burnt. :shock: It doesn't seem too bad but it sure got my attention. Stupid fudge!

Marty was at the Chicago airport for a few hours Dee Jay - did you wave at him? He flew in from Vienna. He gets to Denver after 7 then gets to drive home in the snow. I can hardly wait.

I revised the night before Christmas poem and sent it to him in email while he was in the air. I finally sent him a text asking if he got it. He said he couldn't top it so he didn't reply. I sure thought it was funny anyway.

Work was busy today so the day flew by. I am doing a load of laundry tonight. I think I am safe there - no knives, curbs or boiling sugar mixture involved.

Dee Jay - have a great time at Tahoe!

Deegee, are you off work yet for the holidays?

Laters,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-yay! So glad Marty is on his way back home. Safe travel wishes to him. We have a killer rabbit head on our wall in the project room at work where my table is located! I meant to take a picture today to post, but completely forgot. He's kind of evil looking hanging up there. I'll try really hard to remember to take a pic and post it in the morning. There has been a delay in getting our walls and furniture, so we'll be sitting in one big room for a while longer. I work tomorrow and then am off for 2 weeks. Yay! My excuse for not cooking or baking? I'd surely get hurt. Ouch for your fingers!

Dee*Jay-those lazy Christmas cards are still hanging around on the kitchen counter where I put them on Sunday. I don't have a single stamp, so feel free to send a few of yours my way! (Yeah, like I'm really going to mail these cards...) My sisters imposed a strict spending limit on me this year because apparently they feel I spend too much on their kids. My parents made me promise not to spend more than $100 on them combined. That was the last blow to my Christmas spirit, so I've been a big ole BLAH this year. Phooey on them all!

I am so aggravated with myself. I have the medicine for nausea that dad wasn't able to get filled. Ugh! If I'd have known it was the same drug, I would have gone on a little road trip to take them to him. Mine are for nausea associated with my migraines. I remember the doctor telling me that they prescribed it for chemo patients, but it didn't even cross my mind to ask mom. Argh! They allowed her to buy 3 days worth without insurance, and she was notified today that it was approved and the pharmacy would reimburse her for what she paid the other day. She'll go tomorrow to pick them up. He had chemo on Monday, had to go back to have the pump removed yesterday, went back today for a shot, and will go next week for blood work. On chemo weeks, he has to visit the hospital 3 times a week and 1 time a week on non-chemo weeks. They are going to be so worn out. Food today was not great. It was our Christmas dinner at work. I guess I didn't overeat with the actual lunch, but I had a piece of pie and 2 tasty cream puffs afterwards. Totally worth it, but I had that over-full feeling all afternoon. Tomorrow is my last day for 2 weeks. Yay! Have a great Friday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For you Marcy! He looks evil, doesn't he?

uploadfromtaptalk1387545745125.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
deegee|1387545673|3578002 said:
For you Marcy! He looks evil, doesn't he?

He does look evil and that is awesome!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Weekend!

Deegee, our killer rabbits are much cuter. When will they get your walls up at work? I bet you are looking forward to 2 weeks off from work. Is Matt off too? I am sure you and Matt buy your nieces and nephews very nice gifts. We used to do that too but I sure like not exchanging gifts now. Your parents will be making a lot of trips to the hospital. You said it is about an hour from their house? I am glad they finally got your dad some nausea medicine.

Work seemed to last forever only because I wanted it to be 5. I came home and picked up Marty and we went out for supper. Of course there are a lot of Christmas parties going on so the restaurant was really busy. We ate in the bar and then drove through the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights before coming home.

Marty cut up the fudge I made when we got home. Tomorrow we will get our big table ready and all the dishes out. Other than that I want to take it easy to rest up for Sunday.

Have a great weekend.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Snowy Saturday!

Marty got up about 6, I managed to doze off again until 7:30. We went out for breakfast after I took my shower. We stopped at the newish Simply Mac store (which sadly isn't do much business) to pick up another Apple TV, new case for my phone and Marty got a wifi webcam to put at our door so he can see who is there from downstairs.

We came home and got our dining table set up for tomorrow and I dug out all the dishes I hid everywhere. I need to have my mac and cheese going by 7 in the morning so I got most of it out on the countertop.

I am going to do laundry and be lazy the rest of the day.

Have a good one. Any last minute shopping going on with you?

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, I WISH someone would impose a spending limit on me! Part of my problem is that I buy things all year long so I really don’t have a good sense of how much money is going out the door. And I buy for a TON of people. Oddly enough the CB and I have a “no-gift” policy, and I LOVE that. It applies to birthdays too (of course it didn’t help that I totally forgot his birthday this year… It was Sept. 28 and I remembered sometime around the beginning of November. GIRLFRIEND FAIL!!!) And truly DG, that is one evil looking bunny!

Curby, I saw your Christmas table in the other thread and it look FABULOUS! I really really love your dishes, and the tablecloth is beautiful! Does your work slow down at this this time of year or are you in year-end project mode? I am feeling totally out of it, being off work for almost three weeks so I’m starting to envy the people who have something to do! I did have to complete a ridiculous amount of continuing education for H&R Block (all due today… I didn’t finish the last module until late last night!) but now I’ve go nothing to do but wrap presents and drink!

Tahoe is beautiful, but I must say I prefer Aspen by a long shot. My girlfriends’ house is lovely though and she’s an excellent cook so I really have nothing to complain about in the hostess department! Today when she’s at work I’m going to wrap all the presents (mine and hers). I shipped mine out here rather than trying to bring them, and the box wasn’t heavy at all, but I made the mistake of twisting when I picked it up off the floor so now my back is a bit wonked up. Not terrible, but enough yesterday that it made me catch my breath a couple of time, especially when I went upstairs and got that pain shooting down my leg—yowch!

OK, off to find a second cup of coffee and see what’s going on in the world!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, I used to buy gifts all year long and then felt compelled to shop more when Christmas was looming near so I found it was better just to start buying in October and November. That is great you and CB have a no gift policy. Marty and I are bad; we just buy what we want and say “you can give it to me for blah blah”. I think we are good on Christmas, birthday, Valentine’s Day and anniversary through 2172. We slow down a little bit at work around the holidays then it picks back up. I think drinking and gift wrapping sounds like a perfect “to do” list for the day. Marty brought home a case of wine today so we are good to go. Sorry to hear you hurt your back. Your accommodations and hostess sound terrific.

We had most of our work done by noon today so I was bored most of the afternoon. I had a one on one with any employee and we talked for about an hour. My boss let us go home an hour early so I got home about 4:30. I am reheating leftovers from yesterday for supper. I don’t feel like spending much time in the kitchen. Weird.

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Christmas Eve kids!

Marcy, I think you're smart to wait until closer to the holiday to shop. When I look under the tree and start to do a little math in my head... :o BTW, I'm sure you've gathered by now that no holiday cards actually made it out of my hands and off to the post office but I promise to send you two next year to make up for it!

Yesterday I wrapped presents until I thought I would drop! All of mine and all of my friend's too (including some for me!). She let me "preview" a couple of gifts and select some things because she often buys the same things for me and her sister, just different colors, so I got first dibs. This friend is the one who turned me on to scarves and pashminas and usually gives me one or two ever year. I am just in love with the two I'm getting this year! There is one more I really like but she's saving it for next year. I will have to *remind* her about it because I love that one too - HA!

I think I need one more thing for one more person so my big mission of the day will be to go on a walk to the little town and see if I can't find a last gift. The hard part is I'm totally at a loss as to what to get, but I hope inspiration will hit as I go from store to store...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Christmas Eve Indeed!

Dee Jay, no worries on the Christmas card however I was waiting to get your current address to send yours so we'll just catch up next year. :bigsmile: I know what you mean about doing the math on Christmas gifts. When we were still buying for everyone I started a spreadsheet; :o is right. That is very nice of your friend to let you have first pick on your gift this year. I love to wrap packages, I always put jingle bells in my Christmas gifts. One of my nieces saved them all. You could always tell it was from me when you picked it up. I hope you found your last gift when you went shopping. We may venture out somewhere today because we are already bored and it's only 11:19 am.

Marty got up about 6 and I got up about 7. I made frozen biscuits for breakfast and made Marty some scrambled eggs. We had a grapefruit too. I am at a loss on lunch / dinner though so maybe we can go eat somewhere. We are taking my dad around tonight to look at Christmas lights.

Right now we are having snow on one side of the house and sunshine on the other.

I got a blinking red light nose that I keep putting on my Teddy Bears this morning. I am just reaffirming Marty's believe that his wife is WEIRD! :bigsmile:

Have a great day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, LOL at being bored already! I know that once xmas is over I will be half out of my mind here because my friend has to go to the office every work day. That being said, I'm sure I'll find some way to fill up the time!

And I have to report in on my shopping trip! The person I was buying for does a lot of hiking and other outdoor sports so I was thinking some Smart Wool socks would be nice. Well, he also has a vast wardrobe of Hawaiian shirts (which he still wears in the winter, just with a long sleeved T-shirt under them). Lo and behold: I found hiking socks that look like a Hawaiian shirt!!! They are just perfect! And they have some other options like that one their website (the brand is Stance) so if he likes these I will get a slew of them next year!

socks.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas!

Dee Jay, those socks are AWESOME! I am sure your friend will be delighted with them. As busy as you normally are I imagine down time will be very unusual for you. I can't handle a 4 day weekend - I get way too bored. Must go somewhere - do something. Luckily there is always wine which somehow makes everything more entertaining. :bigsmile:

Last night we picked up my dad and we drove around looking at Christmas lights. We had my dad come over this morning about 9. I made waffles for breakfast and put a pot roast in the oven for lunch. Hopefully we can keep my dad busy today. He likes our TV so as long as we can find sports for him to watch he'll be good.

Laters.
Marcy aka Curby (we drove through the post office drive through yesterday and Marty points out to me he didn't hit the curb :lol: )

mc5x7.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas kids!

Curby, congratulations on a successful trip through the drive-through! And I hope your dad finds lots of good sports to watch today. I'm not sure what's on, but I'm sure there must be games galore to amuse the men while the women cook! And speaking of cooking, I just peeled potatoes. About 10 of them, and I didn't any fingers along the way. Truly a Christmas miracle!

It is now after noon and we have yet to open a single present. I forgot that it happened like this last year too; i.e., things spiraled out of control all morning and not a bow was removed or a bit of tape torn off until mid-afternoon. She-Of-No-Patience does not enjoy this!!! Wah!!! Of course with the potential critter in the vicinity of the tree/presents I am at the mercy of waiting until people actually hand me things, so it is what it is.

Alright, if I can't OPEN I will DRINK. Hot chocolate with Bailey's coming my way!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, it was Marty navigating the drive thru at the post office in my car. :bigsmile: LOL - you and I sound very much alike on patience. I have NONE. Good idea to drink though. Cocoa and Baileys sounds delicious. I will be quiet anxious to hear about the critter. Is there a room you can sleep in tonight? Too bad I'm not close to Tahoe our guest wing is open. We had mice in the trailer we lived in when we were first married. When we walked in the door I always said, "Mickey you little ****er we're home". We made them D-Con surprise and plugged up any and every hole we thought they might be getting through in to the trailer. We finally got rid of them but Marcy was not happy. I was scared to even get up to use the little PS room at night. Yay for not chopping up your fingers while cutting up,potatoes. That is why I buy steam and mash.

Dinner has been served. Round 1 of dishes is done and waiting for the dish washer to finish. We will have cookies and ice cream when we get hungry again. Stretch pants are ready for work tomorrow.

And so it goes.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy day after x-mas kids!

Curby, I SO hear you on the pants thing!!! My friend got me these http://www.pjsalvage.com/inc/sdetail/15609/15882 and I am trying to think of a way that it could be somehow acceptable to wear them every day for the rest of the trip. God bless spandex. All I've done for the past seven days since I got off the plane is chow down on something or another and this has to STOP.

This morning the 'rents are packing up the car to start their drive back to Missouri and my friend is going to work. This will be pretty much as alone as I've been since I got here (with the exception of a few solitary hours here and there). Oh, the bliss of a little solitude! I *might* walk the mile or so into town and see if there's anything on sale that I really want... but maybe not!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday, Monday or whatever day it seems like.

Dee Jay, those pants are really cute. It seems like that is all I’ve been doing is eating and not anything that is good for me. Did you go shopping today?

Work seemed to take forever today and I swore all day long it was Monday. Marty cooked steak and noodles tonight with a creamy parmesan sauce. The veggies we had were healthy! It took me a while to do the dishes but at least I didn’t have to cook.

Marty is taking a few days off so starting making a poker table today. Our garage is full of sawdust. Aak! I hate messes. Breathe, Marcy, breathe. His top pieces look great though.

The end of the Christmas rush hit me tonight and I had a crying spell– I sure miss my mom right now. I’ve been so busy keeping my dad busy that I haven’t let those thoughts seep in too much but they showed up tonight. I am better now.

Laters,
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I'm sorry you were sad yesterday. But you are certainly entitled to let it out and I hope you feel better. Big hugs to you my friend. As for Marty's mess in the garage, I will be sure to post pics of my demo once it's done. That will surely make you adore Marty for the mess he DIDN'T make!

Deegee, hope you and your family are having a lovely time!

I have my friend's car today and I think I might go over to Home Depot to have a look around at some things. Honestly, there's nothing *specific* I want to see (except for one thing, however I just called and they don't carry it in the store), but a little idea shopping never hurt. Plus, I really have nothing at all to do today so it will be a way to kill a couple of hours. We'll see. I may just end up snuggled down on this couch for a couple of hours with a book!

Yesterday I was pretty good on the food front... until we went out for a late Mexican dinner. It wasn't overly good but I was hungry so I ate a bit too much. Today I'll be better!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday!

Dee Jay, thanks for moral support. I am sure your remodel will be quite the mess when they are working on it. Marty is in the garage drilling right now. How was Home Depot?

Hi Deegee!

Work seemed to last forever today. Marty drove to Colorado to pick up a used table for $75. He is going to use the base for his poker table. It's a smaller version of the table we just bought. Too funny.

We went out for supper and I plan on being lazy this weekend. No cooking or doing dishes. I might go around tomorrow and look at the Christmas stuff that is on closeout.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, did you get any good deals on holiday stuff? I went down to the little shopping district the day after x-mas and absolutely KNEW I was a resort town because virtually NOTHING was on sale! Yes, some of the pure x-mas stuff was, but I was hoping to grab a bargain on a sweater or a cute skirt or SOMETHING. Nada.

Yesterday I went to Home Depot and Lowes and came back with a lot of ideas! Today I have done pretty much nothing except try to weave my way through the web of continuing education requirements that I'm subject to from a CPA/financial licenses standpoint, plus I have real estate broker CE coming up any time now, and I'm not overly excited about that... ACK.

So this house is full of CHEESE. I swear, when I leave here I'm not eating another morsel of cheese for six months! I should really go to the store now while everyone is gone and stock up on some things to nibble on, but let's be honest, that's not really going to happen (as I sit here still in my jammies... !). That being said, there is an 8 year old girl visiting and we barely found anything for her to eat last night so maybe I should really get my act together and see if I can't procure some pasta sauce and milk for her cereal tomorrow morning. It certainly wouldn't hurt me to get off the couch -- HA!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, we came home with some things this morning but didn't by anything for Christmas. We got a table runner for the cabinet we have in our utility room and got some doorknob hangers for the wall in the utility room. I looked for napkins and napkin rings that would match our Christmas dishes but didn't find enough of any of the ones I liked. I know exactly what you mean about shopping in a resort town. My aunt and uncle have a place at Edwards, CO and she took us shopping there and in Beaver Creek and the coats and sweaters on sale were hundreds of dollars. I bought a $4.50 spoon that I still use even 3 years later. :lol: That is great you came home with ideas from Lowes and Home Depot. You'll have so much fun designing your place. You have some studies lined up again. :appl: And why am I not surprised?

Our cleaning lady came today so we went out for breakfast after she got here. Then we looked at the Christmas clearance at Pier 1, Dillards and Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Marty is working on his poker table. I think I'll do laundry today. The wind really kicked up and dropped the temps about 30 degrees. We are going out for lunch about 3.

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, too bad you couldn't find any napkins or rings for your Christmas table. Sounds like you got some good stuff though! And LOL on your spoon; I couldn't bring myself to buy ANYTHING--not even a spoon!--at these prices.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. What a mistake! I should have known something was up when I was driving through the tiny historic shopping district on my way to Safeway. At first I thought there must have been an accident because the cars were moving at a snails pace, then I realized it was just people looking for parking. Every single spot was taken, even going out of town for a mile, I swear. Then I finally made it to Safeway and that was just a MOB SCENE. I had to drive around the parking lot three times before I even found a spot, and inside the store was sheer pandemonium. All that for $42 worth of groceries. Never again. I was thinking I might run over to CVS but that's simply not going to happen!

Everyone is off skiing now, and then there will be lunch, shopping, ice skating, dinner, and more drinking. I am frankly over this vacation. Next year I need to do it differently. I will likely take off the two weeks again, but I'm not coming here for the whole time.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday Evening!

Dee Jay, some of the prices we saw were absolutely crazy. I'll blow money and buy things but I'm cheap too. :lol: Sounds like the town and Safeway were very busy. Good plan to change up your vacation for next year. Are you there for another week? Hopefully you have plenty of alcohol on hand and won't have to go fight the crowds at the liquor store.

I started my day with my least favorite chore - grocery shopping. $243 later I had Marty help me carry it all in and then I started on laundry.

We watched football today and ordered in pizza. Tomorrow I'll end my cooking strike. I did enjoy my lazy weekend free of cooking. I picked stuff for homemade tacos tomorrow night so I can ease myself back in gradually. :bigsmile:

Tonight I worked on my January club newsletter. I just need the January sky info posted then I'll be ready to post it. We are going totally digital in 2014 so no more mailing out newsletters. :appl:

Back to work tomorrow.
Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, $243 at the grocery store?!? I only achieve numbers like that when I buy jewelry or booze! Food? Never! Then again, four Lean Cuisines, two bananas and a couple of yogurts don't add up to much -- HA!

Yesterday was a bit of a nosh fest. I don't think I ate one full meal, but somehow a lot of food got consumed in total... Today the couple and their 8 year old daughter are leaving for San Francisco so my friend and I will be the only ones left until I go home on Friday. Not sure what that will mean from a food standpoint, but there will definitely be some wine and prosecco consumed!

My mission today is to do a bunch of laundry and continue thinking through my list of things for the condo project. Unfortunately I think my list has already exceeded my checkbook, and I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface... :sick:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone. Matt and I have been doing so much running around the past few weeks, I think Christmas is a little blurb in there somewhere. We got to see lots of family and good friends. My nieces and nephew came back to WV with us on Christmas Day, and we had them for a few days. We had great fun, but they wore me out and wrecked my house. I'm looking forward to a couple of days of peace and having nothing I have to do before going back to work.

Marcy-your killer rabbits are WAY cuter than that ugly thing that stares at me all day long. Your Christmas cards were too cute, and your Christmas table looked lovely. I enjoyed that thread you started. I'm excited about getting a dining room table and putting together a Christmas table for next year. I'm not ready to give up the cooking strike quite yet. We've got a stack of gift cards, encouraging us to head out every evening. In fact,we're getting ready to head out right now.

Dee*Jay-first of all, bat in the Christmas tree? I would have been heading to the nearest hotel pronto. I am not a nature person, no sirree. I bet it's fun to come up with ideas for your new condo! There are a few things we wanted to change out in this house, and we have vowed not to put it off like we did in our old house. My huge chandelier in the entryway and all of the doorknobs in the whole house are shiny brass. And my bathroom is a train wreck where they started to update some things but didn't get far. There are so many clashing finishes in there!

Have a great evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday (Except for going back to work part) :wavey:

Dee Jay, Marty’s “break room” was seriously depleted of snacks so I got him cheese, crackers, chips, salsa, potato chips and Chex Mix. I also stocked up on Baggies but the rest was food. I didn’t buy much meat either. I think everything just went up. And then there were 2 of you. I am sure wine consumption will be entertaining. I know what you mean about projects outdo available funds. I could drop a ton of money on this place without really trying.

Deegee, it sounds like you and Matt have been busy and having a lot of good times with your family. That is great you have a stack of gift cards lined up for dining out. Woo hoo no cooking! I had fun getting set up for Christmas. I enjoyed seeing other people’s tables and dishes. I am inspired to find cloth napkins for next year. You can have fun redoing projects in your new place too. The fun never ends. :appl:

Work went busy this morning but was slow this afternoon. Next week is going to be awful with 5 entire days of work. I am already looking forward to Wednesday.

Marty made tacos for us for supper. We have plenty left for another meal. :bigsmile:

Take care
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-a 5-day work week is going to be really tough after 2 weeks off. Ahh! I checked work email today, and the first 3 weeks in January have been almost totally booked with meetings and training for the project. Yuck! I did see that they were coming on the 13-15 to put our walls up. That evil rabbit won't be staring at me all day once the walls are up! Are you working today? Do you and Marty have big plans for New Years?

Dee*Jay-just saw your gift pants. Love the pants. I thought about telling my boss it's flannel jammie bottoms for me for a few weeks.

My plan of hanging around the house with nothing I had to do for the next few days has already been scrapped. 2 of my nieces called right after I posted to see if they could stay with us for the rest of the week. We HAVE to have sleepovers during the holidays so that we can stay up half the night on weeknights watching movies and playing games. That's why I am officially known as Aunt Awesome. Actually, I think they gave me that name to suck up to get good gifts, but whatever... I'll take it! My sis is going to meet us at the halfway point (which also happens to be a mall-might need to run in for a bit). I'll make it a point to have nothing I have to do over the weekend. Have a great day!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results