shape
carat
color
clarity

Where are you going on Vacation this year?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
So this year, I have been to Bali and Brussels so far. Both amazing.

In two weeks time, I'm off to New York.

I'll have at least another holiday before the year is out. I'm thinking about a cruise in the autumn....

I love love love travelling and only my work stops me from trekking around the world!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Astra|1337017225|3194953 said:
Scotland, Aberdeen - 10 days 8)

Back home - Croatia, Dubrovnik - 7 days :love:

After that...hm...don't know, still haven't decided yet =)

Ooooooh, I really want to go to Dubrovnik. If I didn't have to go visit my BF in the UK in September I'd be taking the time I have to use to go to Dubrovnik.

Astra

Rough_Rock
princesss|1337020561|3195006 said:
Astra|1337017225|3194953 said:
Scotland, Aberdeen - 10 days 8)

Back home - Croatia, Dubrovnik - 7 days :love:

After that...hm...don't know, still haven't decided yet =)

Ooooooh, I really want to go to Dubrovnik. If I didn't have to go visit my BF in the UK in September I'd be taking the time I have to use to go to Dubrovnik.

I'm in Dubrovnik every once in a while so if you ever decide to visit my country... let me know, I'll show you around =)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its really interesting to see what everyone likes to do for a holiday. Some like action and adventure while others (me!) want to sit around and eat/relax/snooze the time away. I would love it if there was a thread for holiday photos.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1336918062|3194285 said:
Can't wait till our anniversary trip at the start of the summer - Las Vegas!!! It just feels so perfect to go there - I love LAS VEGAS!!! So excited to be returning for my 14th trip!!! gadingadingading - the dulcet tones of the slot machines... woohoo!!

Then off to Phoenix/Scottsdale for 3 days and then a rodeo 2 hours north (forget where!!) so a SW trip this year. We are both quite excited yet nervous - our #2 & #3 kids will be here with both dogs, so we are hoping that kids and dogs survive our absence and the house remains standing! Thankfully, we have ex military on both sides of us, so we KNOW they will be well monitored for wild behaviour!
Enerchi, any chance you'll be in vegas June 22-24? It would be awesome to browse some jewelry shops with a PSer!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
O M G!! we ARRIVE JUNE 22, in the evening!!! Yes - lets meet and do the Crystals City centre - I have a friend who works the Tiffany store there!! (yikes - I said the T word!) but we have to do slots slots slots!!!! :bigsmile:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1336964700|3194645 said:
the plan was china and walking the great wall. reality is the vet bills.......

gosh, you sound like my sister.....5K plus, just this year!!! :errrr:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
April20|1336938897|3194429 said:
We're gping to an all inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic for nine days at the end of September. Cannot wait!

which resort are you going to? dh and I love the DR!! :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
hlmr|1337040358|3195246 said:

i wish it was only 5K thus far this year......one of the visits before Rusty died was just a tad under $2k.....
and Harley is responding well to his chemo so its hard to begrudge him the $ its costing for him.
actually, i never begrudge the $ for any of them....

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1337041169|3195259 said:
hlmr|1337040358|3195246 said:

i wish it was only 5K thus far this year......one of the visits before Rusty died was just a tad under $2k.....
and Harley is responding well to his chemo so its hard to begrudge him the $ its costing for him.
actually, i never begrudge the $ for any of them....

I am sorry to hear that, but totally understand that your money is well spent.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
We're doing a baseball stadium tour.

So we're going to Miami, Tampa, Kansas City, St. Louis and then Chicago.

After we are done doing that, we'll have been to half the stadiums in MLB.

April20

Ideal_Rock
hlmr|1337040429|3195248 said:
We're gping to an all inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic for nine days at the end of September. Cannot wait!

We're going to Excellence. We've been to the one in Cancun twice and you can't go wrong with them!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1337039726|3195237 said:
O M G!! we ARRIVE JUNE 22, in the evening!!! Yes - lets meet and do the Crystals City centre - I have a friend who works the Tiffany store there!! (yikes - I said the T word!) but we have to do slots slots slots!!!! :bigsmile:
Woo hoo! I had a crazy feeling that we were going to be there the same time when I read your post. We are staying at theHotel at Mandalay Bay and we arrive in the evening as well. We will be leaving sometime in the late afternoon on Sunday. I sincerely would love to meet up and get to know a real-life PSer! Enerchi, I know you have a way of influencing/encouraging everyone on PS with your bling "ideas", but you cannot let me buy jewelry! unless, :Up_to_something: , I win big. I think we have a responsibility towards this forum...lots of jewelery pictures at Tiffanys!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
tigian|1337095284|3195643 said:
Woo hoo! I had a crazy feeling that we were going to be there the same time when I read your post. We are staying at theHotel at Mandalay Bay and we arrive in the evening as well. We will be leaving sometime in the late afternoon on Sunday. I sincerely would love to meet up and get to know a real-life PSer! Enerchi, I know you have a way of influencing/encouraging everyone on PS with your bling "ideas", but you cannot let me buy jewelry! unless, :Up_to_something: , I win big. I think we have a responsibility towards this forum...lots of jewelery pictures at Tiffanys!
Sounds perfect!!! I can show you the items that I'm picking up while I'm there! :appl:

That would be fun if I could set something up and get to play a bit at the Tiffany's at City Centre - you'll have to be the model - my hands are too fat! and they explode even further when in the LV heat... June 23 - will be our play date!

Hmm... I can't let you buy jewellry, eh??? Hmmm... this will be hard to comply with :Up_to_something: You better win big then, otherwise I might explode!

Do you have a DB account? I am there with the same name - Enerchi - we can set up a plan to meet!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1337108072|3195854 said:
tigian|1337095284|3195643 said:
Sounds perfect!!! I can show you the items that I'm picking up while I'm there! :appl:

That would be fun if I could set something up and get to play a bit at the Tiffany's at City Centre - you'll have to be the model - my hands are too fat! and they explode even further when in the LV heat... June 23 - will be our play date!

Hmm... I can't let you buy jewellry, eh??? Hmmm... this will be hard to comply with :Up_to_something: You better win big then, otherwise I might explode!

Do you have a DB account? I am there with the same name - Enerchi - we can set up a plan to meet!
That sounds great! I'd love to see what you are picking up and I'm sure your hands will be fine! I have short stubby fingers, but that won't stop me from trying things on. The 23rd sounds good, lets narrow down the time when it gets closer to the date. :appl: :appl: :appl: I do have a db account, but I'm not sure how to find you.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
April20|1337050598|3195402 said:
hlmr|1337040429|3195248 said:

We're going to Excellence. We've been to the one in Cancun twice and you can't go wrong with them!

For sure!!! Have fun! :sun:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vacations aren't as exotic as most here...but I am going to Disney World the last week in May, then the beach at Isle of Palms near Charleston, SC where we co-own a villa with friends in late July, and at some point, we will be going to the mountains. There will also be a couple of visits to family.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1337124050|3196101 said:
My vacations aren't as exotic as most here...but I am going to Disney World the last week in May, then the beach at Isle of Palms near Charleston, SC where we co-own a villa with friends in late July, and at some point, we will be going to the mountains. There will also be a couple of visits to family.

sounds very lovely!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're going to Spain next week, and then we'll take a road trip with our two pups at some point later in the summer. Not sure where the road trip will take us, but I'm sure it will be fun!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Sadly, no where. My husband's training has us on lock down until at least Dec12/Feb13. Therefore, y'all better post some great pictures so I can live vicariously through them! :lol:

Hopefully, when his training is finished and before we move, we will though! Nothing extravagent, my parents will be watching our daughter and we are going to Disney World for a week-aka my favorite place ever. It was the only place my family could go one vacation when I was a kid where we wouldn't all be fighting, so we went 8 times. :shock: I have a lot of great memories there, and since my husband and I are gigantic kids at heart, that's where we are going!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
We live in the bad state of Illinois so we are taking the kids on what we call a wild west adventure. We are driving to Montana to stay at 320 Guest Ranch ( a working dude ranch) and on the way stopping at Mt. Rushmore. We are on the countdown to July.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I are going to Kauai, Hawaii this year! I've been once, and he has never been, so it will be cool to show him all the fun stuff to do... Can't wait! :appl:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
lknvrb4, my family used to go on a big vacation every year and we STILL talk about our stay at a ranch as being our absolute favorite ever. We stayed at the Lazy L&B in Wyoming, a week of FUN. :bigsmile: I think you guys are going to have an unforgettable time. :bigsmile:

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Everyone has such unique vacations, and they all sound like so much fun. I'm wishing all of you a great time wherever you're going! I'm going to Peru for 3 weeks in July. Spending time in Lima, Cuzco, Machu Picchu, Puno, Lake Titicaca, Ollantaytambo and will be camping in the Sacred Valley region. I've never been on a trip like this in my life, I usually go with all-inclusives or cruises so I don't know what to expect. I love camping and I'm not the prissy type so I plan on diving right into the culture and getting the most out of it. I'm traveling with a small group of women who are like-minded (spiritual/reiki/vegan/yogis etc.) so this will be a very grounding and humble experience. We'll be taking part in some local shaman ceremonies, practicing yoga and meditation daily, drumming circles and just enjoying the beauty Peru has to offer. I'll have days off where I think I might try sand-boarding, white water rafting and maybe get a massage after relaxing in the hot springs. My birthday is in the fall and I'm already planning another short get-away. Right now I'm thinking Arizona, Vegas (Both?!) or Los Cabos for a much different style of vacation then Peru.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow some of these itineraries are amazing!!! Justginger, princess are these usual vacations or for a special occasion?
Masie that B & B looks beautiful (and surprisingly sunny for England). I think B & Bs are romantic but my husband differs.

We are going to the NC coast for a few days, (other than a round of mini golf or a boat tour to spot dolphins) the agenda is eating seafood, swimming, and RELAXING. We are staying at one of my favorite places in addition to feeling like you are back in time (built in the 50's) the people who run it are so low key and hospitable!
http://www.atlantislodge.com/index.php

Around 4th of July will be visiting my family in Chi-town (only thing planned is mini golf or bowling and dinner cruise on the lake), and in August stay at husband's family's cabin in WV.

while my husband and I have traveled to other countries before (but not with each other) after kids our vacations have definitely been on the low key side.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Cornwall - my family have had a house there for over 60 years so it's close to my heart.

We are escaping London for the whole of the ghastly Olympics.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy, this is a fairly normal vacation for us, though every year varies. We don't have children yet, so we do it while we can and it's something I really love. Our last holiday was back home (in the States) for 2 weeks, New Orleans for a week, Orlando for a week, and the Cook Islands for a couple of weeks. Next year: Nepal and India. :bigsmile:

I try to balance nice places I've been before but DH hasn't and places that are new to me.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nowhere.
We never go on vacations.
I just can't seeing spending money that way.
I want something for my money.

People vary.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1337216135|3196970 said:
Nowhere.
We never go on vacations.
I just can't seeing spending money that way.
I want something for my money.

People vary.
Indeed! I am the complete opposite--I much prefer to spend my time and money on experiences than on things.
Travel, for me, is transformative. I come home changed every single time. And traveling with DH? Whoa mama--we have new revelations about our relationship, about each other, about our shared dreams, every single time we go away together. I can't tell you how much I love travel, and how much I prefer it over things!

Isn't it great that we vary? Makes the world so interesting.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From age 19 to 25 I lived most of those years in other countries.

The tourist experience is not attractive to me.
Yes, people vary.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results