shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting a House is Getting to me...

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
You know - it doesn't hurt to get another broker too.

We had two brokers going at the same time. They both knew the other was in the picture but the one with the best rate would win out. I would be tempted, if this broker couldn't reach up to the supervisor's and explain the situation, to find another one (just in case).

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, brokers don't handle the same "products" [loans]. get a 2nd working for you who is hungry.

mz

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Amethyste said:
random_thought said:
I am sorry this is happening but please keep in mind that NOT everyone who bought houses during the easy lending period were people who could not afford their houses. I'm sure many could and ended up being laid off or losing their jobs when the recession came (thus not being able to make their mortgage payment) and it could be hurtful to some to refer to them as dumb@$$es.

If you re-read what I wrote - my words were directed to the "champagne taste on a beer budget" type of buyers. Ones that went to the very top end of their lending range, lived in mansions with empty rooms cause they were not able to furnish them as the mortgage payment was already too hard to pay with 2 incomes ... almost felt like a free for all, and when the party ended, it was a rough awakening.

I am not insensitive to the ones who are hard working and were struck by the infortunate wrath of this economy. My words were not directed towards them. I know things are hard right now. they are hard due to the loose housing market in the prior years and all who have abused it.

I just reread and you're right, I think I may have skimmed over and took it the wrong way, I'm sorry, lesson learned :(sad

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
random_thought said:
Amethyste said:
random_thought said:
I am sorry this is happening but please keep in mind that NOT everyone who bought houses during the easy lending period were people who could not afford their houses. I'm sure many could and ended up being laid off or losing their jobs when the recession came (thus not being able to make their mortgage payment) and it could be hurtful to some to refer to them as dumb@$$es.

If you re-read what I wrote - my words were directed to the "champagne taste on a beer budget" type of buyers. Ones that went to the very top end of their lending range, lived in mansions with empty rooms cause they were not able to furnish them as the mortgage payment was already too hard to pay with 2 incomes ... almost felt like a free for all, and when the party ended, it was a rough awakening.

I am not insensitive to the ones who are hard working and were struck by the infortunate wrath of this economy. My words were not directed towards them. I know things are hard right now. they are hard due to the loose housing market in the prior years and all who have abused it.

I just reread and you're right, I think I may have skimmed over and took it the wrong way, I'm sorry, lesson learned :(sad

It's no problem Random Thought, it happens. :) THank you for taking the time to post this. :kiss:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you talk to other brokers and lenders yet, Amethyste?

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear that you've been caught between two cultures. I studied at a German university for a couple of years and those papers were super important to keep. You literally took a stack of them to the registrar-like office at the end to apply for a degree!

It must be a little ironic for your husband to have those pages with the very official stempel (stamps) and signatures and not have that accepted as valid. Sorry you're caught in this :(sad

I sympathise and hope the next round goes better...

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Good luck.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How frustrating! So sorry you are going through this and hope you loan gets approved asap!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
zipzapgirl said:
Sorry to hear that you've been caught between two cultures. I studied at a German university for a couple of years and those papers were super important to keep. You literally took a stack of them to the registrar-like office at the end to apply for a degree!

It must be a little ironic for your husband to have those pages with the very official stempel (stamps) and signatures and not have that accepted as valid. Sorry you're caught in this :(sad

I sympathise and hope the next round goes better...

I am soooooooooooooo glad you have lived to see these "transcripts"!! They are something else!!!
Yes, we are totally weirded out, cause it seems so unfair to get denied a loan because they demand a piece of paper that just doesn't exist in another culture... I could have yelled at her this until the cows come home and still wouldn't have made a difference... :(

Thank you for your post - i am sure a lot of people probably thought I was fabricating things lol.

Thing2of2 - We have applied through another lender... We'll have more answers on Moday. Hopefully, something positive will come out of this!!! Thank you for checking up on me, :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good: you're trying another lender. don't give up. closings are always hell. i have total confidence that this will work out for you.

mz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results