shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, picture didn''t seem to attach there ... trying again!

pa_15weekbelly.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellaila,
You look great! The rest of you is still so skinny!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
OMG...Ellaila is sooo skinny! LOL..you look great hon!

Insurance: Well it depends on what your deductibles/max out of pocket expenses are. I have a $250 deductible & $1500 max out of pocket....so until I hit $1750 worth of medical bills, I pay for whatever comes up...ultrasounds included.

Showers: Well normally a friend throws it for you. if you care about "ettiquette" sisters & mothers should never throw showers for brides or moms to be. Bad manners apparently according to etiquette books. It''s like you are "asking" for gifts instead of being "honored" by friends. But a lot of folks ignore this & really, you should do what you feel best with. My shower is being thrown by 5 of my best girlfriends & they approached me. (I didn''t want a shower originally, felt odd for a 2nd baby, but they all insisted that every new baby needs a party to commemorate his or her arrival) I''ve really only registered for a few things -- mainly clothes, blankets, paci''s, new bottles, some diapers, formula, bibs, burpcloths, carseats, and a hamper...since I have all the BIG gear left over from Jake. My guest list is also only half the size of my original (I had over 50 women at Jake''s shower---sheesh! this time I''ve only invited 23, so I''ll be surprised if more than half show, and that''s just fine) because I wanted to keep it limited to really close friends/family.

But I digress, since Ellaila is having twins, I''d ask your mom about it. I know she''s having surgery...but you can bring it up saying something like, "I''m a little sad no one has asked me about my shower yet". I''m surprised your friends aren''t on it! I''ve thrown so many showers I lost count, and I always ask the bride/mom to be EARLY....but then I''m still friends with my core college girlfriends (17 years later) there are 4 of us --we''re tight like sisters, and we never let a bday or special occasion go unnoticed. I realize not everyone has that, so it kind of puts you in a pickle. I was on a dance troupe with a group of girls I didn''t care for a a few years ago & 2 of us were pregnant & due within a month of each other. I was also throwing my best friend''s shower a month before mine, so I took the other troupe members aside & asked them to have a shower for the other preggo girl...they had been friends with her for YEARS and not one of them thought about it. It disgusted me, and I certainly didn''t have the time/energy/finances being pg myself & throwing a huge catered event for one of MY friends to take on another shower. I know the other girl was feeling sad that no one had mentioned it to her, & even though I didn''t care for her, I didn''t want her to be sad. They did give her a sweet little shower. I was also surprised that her church/prayer group didn''t do anything...she belonged to a very involved born again church -- I thought those groups took care of their own. Oh well, what do I know, I''m a heathen Catholic that takes birth control.
11.gif

Ok..I have guests coming over...gotta scoot.

bbl

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Can I join you all? I haven''t been on PS much since I was married in ''05, but I miss it and need to get back into the swing of things here. Where better to start than on the pg thread!

I''m 24w4d with a princess!

sabrina.JPG

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Ella – Don’t you look cute! I’d never guess you have twins in there.
36.gif
I have a new belly pic on my camera I need to pull off, but I will share so you aren’t all alone. I’m getting big! I will definitely post some nursery pics once everything is done too!

I cant wait to hear what you are having… soon right? Honestly, I felt like I had the hardest time trying to find something I liked that was for a boy or even neutral. All the girl stuff was screaming my name. I was leaning towards purple/lavender kind of stuff before we knew. I liked that it wasn’t the traditional pink.

I totally know what you mean about not knowing what to do about the shower. I have had several offers, but no one has said anything more to me until I saw my friend at a July 4th party. I really need to give her credit for getting the ball moving. Seems like it will be a joint venture between her, my mom and my mom’s BFF, whom offered a while ago, but then I never heard more from. The other person who has offered was my aunt (dads sister), but you cant rely on her for anything. My mom says I should call her and ask about it, but I think that’s rude. Other friends have asked when the date was, but never offered to throw one… makes me think of what Diver said about the dancing troupe. I agree with her though... say something to your mom. I kept not saying anything to her because she was going nuts over my brothers wedding, but since thats done, I started saying something. I feel less silly/needy/greedy saying something to my mom than anyone else.

SB - How precious! Congratulations on your little girl!!! Took me a minute to "find the baby", but I totally see her now. What a great u/s. So you are due end of Oct/begining of Nov right!? I''m 29 weeks even and due Oct. 2nd, so I just counted backwards. Do you have her name picked out yet?

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
njc - I'm due Nov 2, one month after you. :) We have decided to name our little lady Sabrina, but are having a really tough time picking out a middle name. I hope we find one before she comes!
Congrats on your baby boy! Have you chosen a name?
I don't know why, but I really thought we were having a boy and was totally shocked when there was no pee-pee on the u/s. LoL - It's been an easy adjustment with all the great girl clothes!

Congrats also to all the other mommas and mommas-to-be on the board. I will eventually get through all 39pgs of this thread to figure out who's who and what's what.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stephensbride, congrats on your little girl! I am just a few days ahead of you (25 weeks 2 days). I can''t wait for October so we can finally meet our baby!

RE: insurance. I called them. I guess my doctor''s office never even filed a claim with them
20.gif
Diver, my insurance is similar to yours (I think) I have a HSA with a pay down deductable of $1,100. Once that hits (which is NOW!!!
23.gif
) They are suppose to cover 100%. Still those 3D/4D places seem like a bargin after I got a bill for $485 for my u/s (though I know medically it is better but if someone did want an extra one for "fun" I would go to one of those store front places)

RE: Showers. My second shower is this weekend!!! I am so excited! Baby showers are so much more fun than bridal IMHO. Plus this will be my last trip home til the spring (probably). AND there are puppies!!! My parents lab just had 10. I will start a thread when I get home to show everyone their adorable goodness.

RE: Supportive Hubby. So I probably shouldn''t mention this but I don''t really have anyone to talk to (or that would understand). Plus I feel like you guys must be sick of my always venting! But obviously the apple didn''t fall far from the tree. We just spent 10 days with his family and my FIL made at LEAST 4 negative comments about my weight/eating. My favorite is when he told DH and I he was looking at old photos of us and we really should try to look like we did last summer (in our engagement pics). Ummm....I am PREGNANT with YOUR grandchild!!!! I am no longer a size 2/4, tan, with clear skin. So sorry! Well, good always comes with the bad and DH got so pissed. He was so upset about his comments (I think more than I was) he actually called him last night to discuss it with him (DH NEVER has confronted or questioned his father so this was a very big deal). He said I deserved respect and as my husband he would not accept those comments. I really do think most of them a jokes and that he is not trying to make me feel bad but as an adult I think it is good that DH pointed out his behavior. My SIL made a few too and has already called me to tell me she is sorry. I just felt very picked on and ultra sensitive. My family NEVER jokes about weight/appearance so I guess I am not used to this (even after 6 1/2 years of knowing his family). I am just really happy that DH has seen the light and he has been much more comforting as of late.

Ella, you look so little! I will dig around and see what pics I can up with. But I am HUGE compared to you!!! I am glad your DH''s surgery went well and soooooooooo excited for you about your new house!

njc, update the nursery thread when you finish. I got my bedding in the mail so hopefully we can start to paint soon. I lost the paper for the GD test. I know I have to fast 2 hours before, anything else I should know?

Diver, I finally got my temp ring today. The mall has a qvc store so I picked up a 3 stone RB. It actually looked realistic which felt important to me. Plus it was under $30. My e-ring is just getting SO tight.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
SB: Welcome & congratulations! Your little princess looks beautiful! That''s a great face shot! How are you feeling so far?

Tacori: We are NEVER tired of hearing you vent about what''s on your mind. Good for DH sticking up for you. He''s a good guy, some just take longer to housebreak than others...har dee har har har.

Don''t people realize that infant mortality rates are DOWN compared to a few decades ago? Low birthweights aren''t a good thing. My little boy was 6lbs 13oz (tiny, but not "too small") and I gained 34lbs! I''d rather gain weight and have a healthy baby & put my own vanity on the backburner than risk my child''s health.
I can always jog like crazy later. Right now, sometimes I''m not hungry because my stomach is so cramped, but I make myself at least have a banana & some yogurt & fruit, because I can go forever without eating right now & I know I need 3 meals & 2 snacks. So I eat them...and now I''m gaining a pound a week (which I''m supposed to right now) so I''m right on track.

Hey thanks everyone for the kind words about the changes with my OB. It helped me put it into perspective & I realize that most women have a different doc deliver them since most doctors nowadays rotate being on call. I just got spoiled with my oldschool OB & his very personalized practice. So what if his partner delivers me? I still get HIM for all my prenatal & postnatal care, as well as all my other gyn & primary care needs. (He can still practice--just no deliveries). He isn''t the ONLY doctor on the planet good enough to deliver a child. LOL. Everyone who responded really helped me out. Thanks.

Cheers everyone!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Stephensbride, and congrats on little Sabrina!! Love that name, by the way! I, uhh, need a little assistance "finding the baby" in your u/s though ... help?!

re: weight ... well, I am eating like a pig so I''m trying not to worry much about the fact that I''m not as big as I feel I should be at this stage -- I just figure that the nutrients are getting to the right place (the babies) rather than the wrong place (my arse). I''ve never been one to easily put on weight (don''t hate me), so I guess this is just how my body is. I''m sure I''ll wake up one day and be huge though, and I''ll look back on these posts wistfully!!

Yay, Mr. Tacori for putting his family in their place!!! I''m so shocked that they''d say things like that to you -- so rude and uncalled for. Whether you''re pregnant or you just like to eat a lot, it''s no one''s business how much you weigh (especially when it''s baby weight -- I mean give me a break!). On the bright side though, now maybe your hubby can see how hurtful it was when he made similar comments to you, you know?

On a happier note, I''m so envious that you''re having two showers, and I don''t even know if I''m having one! (Boo hoo!) Seriously though, have a great time at shower #2!! Cuteness overload, eh?
21.gif
Thanks for the info on showers, too, everyone. Etiquette be damned, I suppose I''ll talk to my Mom about it and see if she has any plans for throwing one. Most of my friends right now are either pregnant themselves (three of them) or new moms or don''t live nearby, etc., so unfortunately I don''t really have too many people to rely on for something like this ...

I went to our jewelry store and found out that they can make a rolling ring/mother''s ring like Skippy posted earlier for HALF the price of the ones online -- yahooo!!! I''m still torn between that and stacking bands though. Oh, decisions decisions
9.gif

And thanks you guys for the compliments on the photo (blush). But I just posted it b/c I know that I love to see belly pics in pg forums, so I hope that that will inspire you guys to post some too!!

EDD: 1/2/08 (twins!!
6.gif
)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ella & diver! You guys are better than therapy
9.gif
I just hope those kind of comments stop b/c like you said no matter the reason for weight gain those are just NOT nice things to say. His dad didn''t contact me today. Is that strange? I talked to his mom and she didn''t mention what had happened. Only his sister did when she called to say she was sorry for her insensitive comments.

We visited a friend who had a little girl on 7/7, oh I am so excited now! She is so beautiful and cute. It really hit home that this will be us soon. She had a really good L&D and told me not to worry. DH was in heaven holding her. He didn''t want to leave. Of course I HAD to buy the cutest sundress for her since they did not find out the sex either. I wanted to make sure she had SOMETHING girlie!

Ella, I might actually have three showers. A friend offered to throw me one in Charlotte. Who cares who throws it! My SIL and friend threw my first and my mom and sister are throwing this one. Doesn''t bother me. I assume they wouldn''t offer if they didn''t want to. These are your first babies. You SHOULD have one if I have to come down and throw one for you!!!
2.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ok...BELLY SHOT! Taken today.....30 weeks 3 days... 21lbs....

Ellaila:
Yeah, ettiquette be damned. I don''t think anyone cares/knows about 1950''s rules anymore. The ONLY thing I think is non-negotiable ettiquette wise are Thank You notes and beyond that..who cares?! You look great & as long as you are eating, you are fine. You just might have one of those thin bodies with a basketball bump. No shame in that game. I''d love to be you! [;-)

Tacori: I have no idea if the comments will stop, but just hang in there. Or you can do what I do, tell people that''s very hurtful to hear & that your doctor says you are perfectly healthy and right on track. Screw ''em. I''m pretty forward though, not afraid of speaking my mind, so I understand if that''s not comfortable for you. Not everyone is like that.

Ok...diver''s tired....yawn....night mommies!

P1010648.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cute belly shot Diver!!!

Tacori,
You are doing just fine. Don''t let the comments get to you. Funny how everyone has an opinion, like they are experts?? Hang in there girl!!!
2.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 1:27:32 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Very cute belly shot Diver!!!

Tacori,
You are doing just fine. Don''t let the comments get to you. Funny how everyone has an opinion, like they are experts?? Hang in there girl!!!
2.gif
Amen to that!! Between buying a house and being pregnant at the same time, I''ve heard advice from every "expert" out there! I mean, I know people are trying to be helpful, but seriously -- lay off! Between being stressed out from everything going on right now, being hot, and just being hormonal/emotional at times, I''m just not in the mood to get lectured by everyone on what I should be doing.

Diver, you look fantastic!!! I hope I look as fit as you when I''m 30 weeks! Hell, I hope I look as good as you when I''m 20 weeks (which is probably more realistically when I''ll look like that!).

Tacori, OK! So when are you throwing me my shower?
2.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t edit my previous post, but I wanted to add that I''m so used to seeing GINORMOUS twin belly pics that Diver, you look tiny to me!!! So cute, your baby bump
21.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver your belly looks great!!! How cute!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Cute belly shots ellaila and diver! ellaila, you''ve gotten a lot bigger since the last picture you posted!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
ellaila - Here''s Sabrina''s pic with pts poorly labeled. She was sleeping with her hands up behind her head during that u/s & that''s why you can only see her elbows. My friend thought it looked like she was lifting weights in there.
3.gif

diver & elaila - your belly shots are too sweet! I think there''s nothing cuter than a baby belly. It''s about time I took another for my records - I''ll try and post my own soon.

diver - My pg has been great so far, very uneventful. It wasn''t until my belly popped out and Sabrina started moving regularly that I really started feeling pg.

Tacori - Unfortunately it seems like those types of rude comments are inevitable. I have a terrible co-worker who can''t get over how "huge" I am and feels the need to comment on it every few days. One of these days I''m going to take her head off!
29.gif

Good for you & DH for not letting people get away with it.
36.gif

sabrina diag.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats StephensBride!!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am visiting my family and they all told me how cute I look
16.gif
Gotta love the family! My dad said I looked beautiful. It was really sweet. My mom thought I would be larger (probably b/c I have vented to her before). The puppies are so cute and makes me so glad I only have to nurse 1 vs. 10
23.gif
Our poor dog looks so tired!

Ella, you tell me when and I''ll be there
2.gif
We could throw a virtual PS baby shower. I can''t wait to see pics of the new house!!!

Diver you are ALL belly. You look great!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, I see little Sabrina''s face now -- thanks for explaining! U/s photos are the best, they''re just so cute when you see the positions the babies are in inside our bellies! We get to see the two little beans tomorrow -- can''t wait!! -- and hopefully we can get some new shots of them as well. I am less excited for the needle portion of tomorrow''s test (amnio), but I am def. looknig forward to seeing how the babes are growing. My belly certainly is, so they must be getting big in there! (Either that, or it''s all those darn cinnamon rolls!)
18.gif
Please send along your good wishes for the amnio ... I''m definitely getting nervous about it!

Tacori, I''m sure you look absolutely adorable, and yay to your parents for pointing it out to you! Both mine and Q''s parents are just smitten with my belly (Q''s Dad was telling Q''s aunt that it seems to grow bigger "in the blink of an eye!" - ha ha), and so I love showing it off to them.
21.gif
I''m sure I''ll be online tomorrow, but in case I''m not then have a blast at your shower this weekend!!

Our house is very much a work in progress, and as of right now the only photos I''d even show to anyone are the beautiful hardwood floors
30.gif
But once we get the walls painted better colors (the entire inside of the house was painted this horrendous, umm, vomit color, with a darker vomit trim -- soooooo ugly), I''ll be prouder and will post photos for sure!

I really wish we COULD all get together for a group shower for us all! Wouldn''t that be great?

More belly pics, ladies!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
elaila - yes, ultrasounds really are the best! It somehow makes it seem more real. It''s been great to see her go from looking like a peanut to a baby!
I look forward to seeing the pics of your little darlings. Why is your doc performing an amnio? Whatever the reason, I hope the test is quick, easy and pain-free.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ellaila: Oooh...vomit walls with dark vomit trim. Sounds delightful! hey, at least it coordinated! I once had a baby poo green/brown car. Lovely. So do you have to have 2 draws (do you have 2 amniotic sacs?) with the amnio tomorrow? Don''t worry...it''ll be fine fine fine. Risks are so much lower than what it currently published, and truly, you can barely feel it. It''s weird if anything for like .... a nanosecond. The needle is soooooooooo fine..you can barely feel it. Just rent some movies today & spend the rest of the day in bed tomorrow. Eat food in bed...read, relax..etc...

Stephensbride: I love how detailed Sabrina''s face is. Very sweet.

Had my Dr.s appt this morning..gained 2lbs in 3 weeks..not bad. Everything looks great, but I''m most likely looking at a c-section regardless of my fibroid this time. Jake was a 6.5lb baby with a small head (5th percentile so far his whole life) and he got hung up on my pubic bone & was a vacuum assist to deliver. So my doc had me sign my authorization papers for a tubal ligation for my hospital, since my 1st baby was impossible for me to deliver on my own, my 2nd is going to most likely be harder (since they are bigger). Fun fun fun.

oh well...at this point I really don''t care. I''ve had one "v" delivery & my recovery took the full 6 weeks before my energy levels returned to something even close to normal, & I was sore for about 8 months after (if you get my drift) so I really don''t care how they get the baby out as long as they do it safely. Just give me an epidural & pump me full of percoset afterward, I''m not romantic nor nostalgic about labor. I just like the part where they hand you the baby, the rest I can take or leave. Oh well, if I have a csection, they''ll probably do it at 38 or 39 weeks, so I''ll get to be pregnant for less time! WAHOOOO! I am so freakin'' uncomfortable & tired...heartburn from hell....and tired...Did I mention I was TIRED?

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
SB, I''m gettnig the amnio mostly because I''m having twins and feel like I need to be prepared in case (God forbid) there''s anything wrong with one of the babies. I had my first-tri screening, and the Down Syndrome came back OK, but the bloodwork was a bit off for something else so I just need to put my mind at ease (even though the dr. told me that the bloodwork is highly unreliable for twins AND there is a huge percentage of false positives anyway). If I were 26 and having one baby, I wouldn''t do the amnio -- but I''m 36 and having two, so I feel the benefits of knowing outweigh the risks of having it done. And yes, they do have to do two different draws, one for each sac. Booooo. They actually inject a soluble blue dye into the first sac after they do the draw so that they know that if when they do the 2nd draw they get blue, then they''re doing the same baby again! (And I would lose all faith in my dr. if that were the case!) The silly part of this all is that my pee will be green on Saturday -- ha ha
21.gif

Diver, sounds like a c-section is the best way to go in your situation! I keep going back and forth on which option I want if I''m given a choice -- both seem pretty frightening to me, but I guess the babies gotta get out one way or the other! "I''m not romantic nor nostalgic about labor" -- rock on! Me neither. To me, it is a means to an end, and that''s it. I don''t want it videotaped, I don''t want anyone other than my husband in the room with me. How can anything involving the words "bloody show" and "mucus plug" be romantic? I mean, don''t get me wrong, I''m sure it''s an absolutely incredible experience to bring your babies into the world, but I''m definitely looking at it more as a medical procedure than anything else.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Hola chicas!

So I''m back from the amnio, and (knock wood) all looked great. The babies were squirming all ''round, and we saw nice strong heartbeats on both -- yeah! Aaaaaand we know what we''re having ..... a boy and a girl!!!!!
36.gif
They def. saw the boy parts right away; the girl was harder to figure out, but the second tech said she could def. tell it was a girl. We''ll get the test results back in 10-14 days so we''ll know 100% then, but they seemed pretty confident with what they saw so we do too! So we''ve got our Katelyn Isabelle and ______ (Gabriel Jacob?)!!! We''re so happy!

As for the amnio itself, it was really quick and though not exactly pleasant, it wasn''t the worst thing in the world. The first needle wasn''t super-sharp
32.gif
and that one hurt more going in, but the second went in nice and easy. And my pee was a lovely shade of blue this morning (will be green after my prenatals tonight though!) -- hee hee. I''m definitely feeling miserably crampy now though, so just taking it easy today and maybe tomorow, depending how I feel.

I asked my dr. about painting, and he said that it''s not going to actually harm the babies if I paint (using latex-based paint, that is), but that he still doesn''t recommend doing it or being around it if I can avoid it. So as bad as I feel not being able to help out hubby, I''m still staying away for now. We move next weekend, so I know I won''t be able to avoid being around the paint smell later on (when we paint the nursery -- oh, what colors to use now that we''re having one of each?!), but for now I can so I will.

And I also got tested for toxoplasmosis, which was negative -- whew! And b/c of Maisie''s threads on Fragile X, I decided to get tested for that as well, but those results aren''t in yet. So now we just wait 10-14 days for the amnio results ... blargh, I hate waiting!!

So that''s my day. (Me, me, me! Sorry!) And how are you all doing today?

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
YAY ELLA!!!! That is SUCH exciting news.... one of each!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I babysat for boy/girl twin babies for years, and they just had the cutest relationship... the little girl was very outgoing and confident and the little boy was quieter but SO sweet and protective of his sister. They are in high school now and still like that.
1.gif
Oh and as for colors, I think you could keep the lavender idea, but maybe do equal parts lavender and sage green? I love that combination... not too girly, not too boy-y.
1.gif

So glad everything went well with the amnio (other than the blunt needle... ouch).... just wanted to jump in and say congrats!!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
ellaila - a Boy AND Girl - how exciting!!
36.gif
Now you get to pick out cute clothes and accessories for both genders, LUCKY!!

I''m glad to hear the amnio went well! Please do take it easy for the next couple days - you deserve it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting ellaila!! A boy and a girl, that''s awesome!!! Glad the amnio went well.
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited to see the news. Congratulations on the boy + girl announcement, Ellaila!
36.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ellaila- YAHOO for you, a boy and a girl! too cute.

And also had to pop in with CONGRATS to StephensBride! Long time no see! I fondly remember the first L.A GTG last year. It was fun. Now here you are all preggy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results