shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you pair a sparkly or a plain WB with this ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 7:45:07 PM
Author: honey22
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

We are going shopping! We are going shopping! We are going shopping!
9.gif

I know I can''t wait I am in the process of working out details :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D

Brudda - It is which is why I went local for what should have been a simple repair - turns out not and my words NEVER AGAIN.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m not the typical PSer - I think that less is usually more when it comes to sparkles. I''m not really a fan of halos, big finger coverage, etc. BUT in this situation, I still say sparkly! I think there''s nothing classier than a timeless solitaire paired with a sparkly eternity band. That''s what my set is like. For yours, the band that immediately comes to mind for me would be a bezel eternity like the Tiffany Jazz.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I will go against what most people have said and pair a plain plat band with it, one that's a bit bigger than your 1.8mm engagement ring band--maybe 2.5mm? 2.2mm? And then maybe ALSO get an eternity, either now or later on, so you can do the ol' switcheroo when you want.
31.gif

Of course, if you hubs-to-be already has things picked out, then nevermind this post.
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Jstar Gret minds think alike I actually tried on that tiffs jazz first up and the graduated jazz (both amazing bands) I loved the graduated and then didn't with my ring on its own for sure. It kind of overwhelemed my ring the normal jazz doesn't sit quite right - the six scoopy claws make it hard for the band to sit right.

Gwen LOL not picked out anything yet for me, he wants mokume gane but he is worried it costs to much me personally figure this is the boy who will never buy another piece of jewllery for himself so I am happy to get him what he wants if he actually wears it. I I am still pushing for multiple wedding rings then this dilema is solvered.
3.gif

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I vote sparkly!
1.gif

How about a shared prong or channel-set eternity band...The Facets Collection has some pretty ones!

Personally, I
30.gif
30.gif
this band:

facets shared prong.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 7:35:49 PM
Author: Deelight
Gwen LOL not picked out anything yet for me, he wants mokume gane but he is worried it costs to much me personally figure this is the boy who will never buy another piece of jewllery for himself so I am happy to get him what he wants if he actually wears it. I I am still pushing for multiple wedding rings then this dilema is solvered.
3.gif
I agree! Multiple wedding bands is the only way to go! Surely he must see this?
33.gif
3.gif
2.gif

How long are your fingers? Could you wear a wedding band, eternity and your engagement ring all at the same time? If so and you can swing it money-wise, you should totally get two and use both on your wedding day so they''re equally ''real'' wedding rings, and then wear them how you like! If you really do have to choose, though, it''s probably more of a social norm (if you care about that sort of thing
3.gif
) to have the plain band be your ''official'' wedding band, and then get the eternity later and call it an anniversary band. Maybe? But getting them both now sounds best to me.
9.gif

I will probably (yet again) do things backward and, if possible, get a sparkly band now and the plain plat band when I get my forever engagement ring, because I think plain looks weird with my current ring. But we will see for sure next weekend--going to drag J to a jewelry store to look at bands, bwahaha!
27.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
LauraSLP07 that band is beautiful
30.gif
thanks for posting :)

Gwen See logical to me and you not to him I am working on it :razz: I dare not mention my want for more then one band to others apprently that makes me somewhat ungrateful - mentioned I was not sure about a sparkly or plain band in front of the FMIL and apprently because I have a diamond why would I need another, I also got this when I ordered my inexpensive gemstone - apprently one ring is enough (not that it isn't but I like pretty things and I don't spend friviously on other things in her defence she follows these statements with how beautiful it is and she is a lovely person just different values :D).

My fingers are fairly long almost 9cm but the space between the bottom and my first knuckle is not that long (2.8cm just over an inch) which is why I got a thin e-ring in the first place so I would have room to stack, I could fit 6mm comfortably :) so 3 2mm rings :D. I really want the two for my wedding day so they are both my wedding bands - need to see what the wedding savings are like before I commit - things are looking more expensive then I originally planned.

Take pics when your out and about I want to see what you get
36.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Deelight have you considered the Tiffany Jazz?

I tried it on recently and was blown away by how pretty it looks with my ring. And with those bezels, there''s no danger to the prongs, which is something I worry about a lot with bead set or pavé bands.

There''s a good thread here with pictures of all four versions of the band that Tiffany does, along with links to vendors who make similar bands;

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tiffany-jazz-lookalike.106272/

Just another suggestion to add into the mix
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results