shape
carat
color
clarity

Mara & Greg''s Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Mara

I wanted to chime in and add my best wishes!!

I wish you and Greg nothing but happiness!!

win

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks perfect and you look gorgeous!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!! It has all come together quite nicely with only small hitches here and there.
1.gif
We can't wait for the adventure to start!
appl.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Mara, everything looks terrific -- fresh and fun! Best wishes with everything and have a great wedding and trip!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Have you ever thought of becoming an events planner? Your attention to detail & creativity is an unusal combination. Seriously, I'm not being patronizing. Remember, you said you did not want to work for a big corp. all your life.
10.gif

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
Mara,

This is all so exciting! I love your ideas, and thanks for sharing pics. Your wedding is going to be so elegant and so much fun, too!

The dress is perfect - well, it's all perfect!

I hope you have a great time, and you have to let us know how it all goes.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
3 full days to go , then we leave...I am actually now starting to freak out about getting everything done!
errrr.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
For Mara & Greg /idealbb/images/smilies/love.gif,

Love That's Meant

How often do you find that one person that you know you will love forever?
A love that's so strong and passionate that its ribbons of joy you can't sever.

Maybe it's the friendship that's so evident in the couple that make their love so strong,
Maybe it's the fact that fate played its hand and the partnership was meant all along.

You will know when you meet these people as their bliss is so blatant to see,
Even when they are down, and are wearing a frown, you know it's only temporary.

Never take for granted the fortune you've been given, a sole mate's so difficult to find,
Offering your life and your love to one another is the most generous gift if its kind.

As the years come and go, and you both understand the reason you were bought together
Gaining cherished memories in a future ever happy and a bond due to last forever.

Envisage your potential together, and grab hold of those thoughts so tight,
Numerous dreams to be had of the family you will raise, and being together feels so right.

Excitement and uncertainty at what the future holds and enthusiasm to begin a life anew
Never to forget the past spent single, but the future presents such a perfect view.

From this day forward, in sickness and in health, till death do you part, is your oath
To a very dear couple on your wedding day we all wish love to you both

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I have to say, I totally agree with F&I, you should look into Event planning on your own...

I have a friend who was a wedding planner, and even SHE isn't as good and creative as you are! You would be perfect at it, if you don't get stressed by it.

Your own wedding will stress you, as you want everything to be perfect for your very important day, but you have truly outdone yourself! Everything looks flawless, so STOP FRETTING!!!!
10.gif

As I see it, a tropical wedding should be relaxed, no binding clothes, no itchy gowns, no cranky photographers, just great wather, relaxed attitudes and genuine happy breezy attitudes. It's your moment to shine, and your moment to enjoy! RELAX! Nothing will ever be perfect, except your location, your groom, and your breathtaking weather! (even those aren't guaranteed...
naughty.gif
)

I always saw tropical weddings as a way to feel calm and relaxed even during the most stressful moments of our lives...So please Mara, know that everything you have done so far is exquisite and gorgeous! Missing a flower here, or a little bag there will NOT diminish the perfection of this moment, so just relax and enjoy!
10.gif

Good luck and maybe go for a facial or massage to get some stress off those muscles! And remember to just enjoy the time, because it never comes back! All the best of luck and we will wait anxiously for pictures!!!
love.gif

chicago_girl

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful job on everything! The dress...wow! Have a great time!
4.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Best wishes Mara and Greg, and when we talk to you again, you'll be Mr. and Mrs. Greg!

win

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, Mara, does that mean you'll change your screen name to Greg's Girl or Mrs.Greg?
naughty.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww tomatoe that is really sweet!
1.gif
thanks!

i've been more emotional these days too. tearing up during a hallmark commercial is always cause for concern!
errrr.gif

i love event planning, my original marketing roots were there and may pursue something like that in the future. we shall see
2.gif

in the meantime, i just need to get through my to-do lists and do whatever i can before we go...anything after that is lost! i'm excited and nervous and stressed at the same time. ay carumba!
2.gif

oh and btw nic...there will be NO GregsGal for me.
rodent.gif
Maybe something like 'multiplediamondrings'...HAH!
9.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
awwww....Mara! Everything looks perfect. I'm so excited for you. I wish you and greg the best and enjoy the wonderful sandy beaches in hawai'i!!!!

You should give serious thought to becoming an event's planner. Hey, I might hire you for my HI wedding
2.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
even the etiquettly correct would agree...the only real word now is:

ALOHA!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well, I say go out for Cinco De Mayo and party like a rockstar! Maybe a few Margaritas will do just the tirck!
2.gif

Mara, all the best to you and Greg, and may every detail come out as perfect as you hope! (keeping fingers and toes crossed here)

Honestly, with the fun edge you put on it, and the phenomneal locale, you guys will have a wonderful relaxing time (even though it's a wedding!) and the honeymoon will be a great big sigh of relief!

Good luck and I see you'll be taking on a new name after matrimony...we'll see you back as MultipleDiamondRings then?
11.gif

Mara MultipleDiamondRings...has a nice ring, huh?
9.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
very...slowly...going...insane.
errrr.gif

actually i am finally getting to the end of the list. could it be that tomorrow is the last day so i know i have to finish things? yikes!

picked up our tickets to tahiti today, finalized the atv group, our spa treatments, confirmed with vendors, created and printed wedding programs, the list goes on.
2.gif
one more day!

then i'll be gone! greg probably won't bring the laptop so i'll be out of touch for about three weeks. i know you all will miss me horribly.
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Mara, have a great wedding trip! Don't forget the rings!

Mari

Rough_Rock
Mara
Everything looks perfect, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.
Now it's time to relax and enjoy.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara and Greg I hope you have a wonderful wedding and a long and happy life together.

lesliez

Rough_Rock
Best of wishes for your wedding. Even with the little things that pop up I'm sure your day will be wonderful!!! happy and safe travels to you, Greg and your families.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Congradulations again, Mara. Have a wonderful wedding! Much love and happiness to you, your family, and friends.

Looking forward to when you are online again!

*HUGS*

NoviceNYC

Rough_Rock
You really did an incredible job with everything! Best of luck and congratulations!

wavey.gif
Aloha!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Mara,

You look beautiful in your dress! It looked good before, but the alterations really made it fit you. The favors and gift bags look great too; your guests will be very impressed with all you've done. Congratulations and have a wonderful time at your wedding and on the honeymoon.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the well wishes and happy thoughts.

We leave tomorrow at 9am from SFO and Greg just rented us a limo so we go to the airport in style. I am very excited but still stressed too. Though my to-do list is almost done...yay...there still keep cropping up small things here and there. However, as Greg's mom told me on the phone today...if it ain't done yet, it must not be that important. HAH!
2.gif
Paying bills?

Part of the stress is not only the wedding but leaving our house for 3 weeks, have to make sure the plants are watered, bills are paid, mortgage! Since so many people are coming to the wedding, it was hard to find someone to take care of our plants and watch the house etc. So it's stressful to leave our house for 3 weeks (we WILL get homesick..that is how we are)...but also have to worry about bringing everything for the wedding!

I am carrying on my dress and all that kind of good stuff, and also all the stuff I have been working on in the last few days, the programs, menus etc...because if that got lost, I would just DIE. I'm also packing a change of clothes just in case in the carryon, etc..yanno cuz it would just be my luck.

Finalizing with the vendors, printing out the latest emails so that I have a comprehensive plan of what I have worked out, contracts, bringing the checkbook of course! The list of what is going with us is very long and we are bringing more luggage than ever before. Lucky for us we have a few people who can bring back my wedding dress and Greg's saxaphone so we don't have to lug the wedding stuff from Hawaii to Tahiti...whew!

So anyway, I will stop there because I still have some packing to do. I will miss Pscope in my absence, but I will think fondly of the forum as we lay on the beach sipping mai tais!
2.gif

It's so hard to believe that on May 12 at 4:30pm PST I'll become a married woman! I can't believe it's finally here.

I'll be back last week of May....play nice and have fun!

Aloha!
appl.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Good luck Mara - and have a wonderful and romantic wedding and honeymoon!!! Look forward to hearing all about it!!!

love.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, long time no see, hear. I'm glad I checked in on this thread, I have been thinking of you. I know you are gone already but am wishing you warm thoughts as you edge closer to your big day. I hope the weather stays nice, at least for your wedding. We have had an unusually wet winter all across the state. Folks cannot believe this is Hawaii.

Good luck & best wishes.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!!

Checking in briefly from Tahiti..island of Moorea to be exact. It is our second to the last day here and we are feeling bittersweet when we think about leaving, but we also are homesick as well..so it's time!

The wedding was beautiful, pictures from friends and families have already been surfacing online in our absence, we haven't seen any of them yet! The week leading up to it with friends and families was very stressful, not only were we bride and groom but we played host and hostess as well in a partially unfamiliar place. So there was alot of stress floating around. But it was great to see everyone and have everyone there with us and things were very beautiful..the weather behaved that day amazingly..we had alot of rain but not that day!

We were happy to leave for our honeymoon and have some time to be alone. This place is amazing..the water is even more beautiful than Hawaii if it's possible..so pale blue and see through. Tons of fish and white sand beaches. We can snorkel off our beach inf ront of our cottage and see amazing fish. It's French Polynesia here with heavy emphasis on the French..so we are learning some new languages in our stay here too. It will be good to come home and speak English again!

But in the meantime, we are loving it, we are both really tan and relaxed...but it's time to come home soon. One more day and that's it! We'll have lots of amazing memories and pictures though.

That's it for now...miss the forum...talk to ya all next week!

1.gif
Mara and Greg

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Aha!

Mara, I knew that you wouldn't be able to wait 'til you got back to hit the forum! Just happened to check in and caught your post.
wink2.gif

Can't wait to see your pictures. Bet it was a blast!

Good point though about having to play host and hostess in an unfamiliar environment. Never thought about that element of stress right before the wedding....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results