shape
carat
color
clarity

You have a week off from your chores/work/life as you know it

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that sounds like HEAVEN. I'd love to just stay home and order all the food to be delivered and snuggle with my dog and watch all the TV! I haven't been able to recharge like that since... I was born

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d want to take a week with a girlfriend at a spa like Canyon Ranch. Hiking, horseback riding and being pampered and eating well. Heaven. :halo:

They have Canyon Ranch spas on the ship, wanna come :P2?

I’d probably go on a cruise, it’s actually the only type of holiday I’d feel ok going on my own, people are usually pretty friendly and don’t mind singles tagging along or joining them for dinner. :drool:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have Canyon Ranch spas on the ship, wanna come :P2?

I’d probably go on a cruise, it’s actually the only type of holiday I’d feel ok going on my own, people are usually pretty friendly and don’t mind singles tagging along or joining them for dinner. :drool:

If I can take the ship from NYC count us IN!:appl::dance::sun:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would miss my SO and kids.. and food. DH always does my lunch/dinner. I wouldnt last a week.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nooooo. Not allowed LOL. The rules as I wrote em :P2 a week off from regular life including chores! Something fun girl!:bigsmile:

Oops sorry I doubled checked the post but not the title! In fairness I meant additional chores that I don't normally have time for but now I see that is definitely not in the spirit of the post:P2.
Caribbean please I've always wanted to go there! I want the sun and heat, amazing beaches, beautiful food, lush abundant greenery and a little bit of glamour all of which would be provided by the amazing hotel I would be staying at!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops sorry I doubled checked the post but not the title! In fairness I meant additional chores that I don't normally have time for but now I see that is definitely not in the spirit of the post:P2.
Caribbean please I've always wanted to go there! I want the sun and heat, amazing beaches, beautiful food, lush abundant greenery and a little bit of glamour all of which would be provided by the amazing hotel I would be staying at!

:appl::appl::appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't go far -- to the beach about 2 hrs away. Luxury room with ocean and lighthouse views. The sound of the sea putting me to sleep. The barking of seals and sea lions waking me up. Fresh seafood dinners with lots of good wine. Walks along the beach and in old growth forests. Whale watching and birding. Reading by a cozy fire at night.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH & I have a bucket list a mile long...BUT...1 week? No kids?
I’d love to travel far, but I don’t want to waste time traveling, when I can be spending it with DH. So.....
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort....not too far from our house.
Pampered like a princess & treated like a queen.
Spa days, relaxation, and fun activities for 2.
Yep. That’s a week I’d dream of having....:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
In a heartbeat , I'd repeat last years trip to Key West with my DH. No kids, no dogs, no work. Such a relaxing and reconnecting experience for us. Snorkeling at the little state beach, sailing on a pirate ship, drinks and people watching from a bar patio . The historical sights. The sunsets. It was heavenly.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At this point in life a week would be too long, I wouldn't want to be away from my 3 year old for a WEEK. I can manage a three day weekend though :) I would LOVE to drive the Pacific Highway with DH, full convertible top down eat and drink the whole way down the coast. That would be amazing.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our friends just bought their forever home there. I hear it's just gorgeous in Maui...one day when I can get back to flying.

You could always take a train to the west coast then cruise to Hawaii!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sort of planning this now! Not a full week, but taking my aunt to see George Strait in Las Vegas. DH is staying home to take care of the animals. I need to decide all of the details in the next couple of months! I already have VIP tickets to see the concert 6th row center. Tentative plan is to fly Seattle to Arizona then rent a car to see the Grand Canyon and the meteor crater. Probably stay the first night in Arizona then drive to Las Vegas. See the concert. Stay another day to do whatever.

For a full week and unlimited $$$$ I could probably come up with better, but I am very happy with this so will save that dreaming for later!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Am I allowed to work? Sad.

I think I'd take off to a yoga retreat, or do a solo camping/hiking expedition. I'd sleep, sweat, shower, and repeat. That sounds really lovely!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It’s almost too hard to imagine!! Ireland has always been on our bucket list. Staying in a quaint B&B and seeing the country would be lovely in the fall, hopefully some amazing antique jewelry shops....reading by a fire at night while snuggling and drinking wine/whisky sounds heavenly to me!

I’d also be happy in an isolated oceanfront house with hubby. I’d listen to the waves all day, read, knit, drink wine, take walks, collect shells...access to restaurants would be nice too, as I’d love a break from cooking!

Thanks for the mental break @missy! Maybe someday!!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My boat has formed some cracks in the hull from years of use, nothing serious but the boat now takes on water like an old pirate ship so it needs some TLC. I'd take a week to do the fibreglass repairs for the first few days and then spend the rest 'testing' my repair (everyone knows my boat testing involves taking all my gear and fishing - just to be sure :lol:)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would take my mother to Norway. And if I was lucky enough to have history repeat itself, I’d take my dad back to the Gulf of Mexico one last time. He hasn’t wanted to swim for the past 15 years since he had to start wearing a colostomy bag.

I have enough “me” time. I work from home and can come and go as I please a lot of the time since my daughter is in school. At this point it would bring me greater satisfaction and content to do something for my parents, because they have done so much for me (and all of their other family).

BUT to play along with your question, Missy, I’ll answer as if I needed time alone.

I’d go south. I’d meet up with a few friends I haven’t seen for a long time. I’d stay in a breezy Airbnb close to the beach. I’d spend time on the sand, near the surf, every day. I’d watch people from behind large, dark sunglasses and a big hat, under an umbrella. I’d read a fluffy novel I’d forget by the time I came home. I’d have lunch on a quiet balcony and flirt with the waitstaff, and maybe the bartender around cocktail hour. I might just have a tryst. Get some sand in my suit, you know?

I’d visit a jeweler or 6 one day, and take up all their time. I’d try on a hundred things and buy one.

I’d walk home, thinking about my new bauble (maybe it’s a ring, maybe it’s on my neck or my ears?) and fall into a crisp, cool, freshly made bed and sleep a blissful straight 8 hours. And in the morning I’d be ready to go back to where my heart truly is, on a late afternoon flight, of course. ;-)

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I would go home to see my family.

Other then that I would have itchy hands within 48 hours, and probably pick up something I wanted to learn :read:. At the moment I am strugling with some basic gaps in my knowledge, so I would be pretty happy sitting in a class letting someone else do the hard work of directing the lesson.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go on a coffee and antique shop crawl starting in state and then working my way North.

Also daily naps

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd take a trip from Savannah, Ga to Charleston, SC and stop at every single antique shop and historical site in between.
I’m coming! :P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results