shape
carat
color
clarity

you and your FI or husband look like a matching couple?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
Many people tell us we match, and I think so too. I have a hippy/punk/nerd look going on, and he has the nerd-chic look. We also have similar interests, and we match on level of good-looking-ness, as well. We're both cute people, but not models or anything.

As far as physical attributes, we're not too similar but not too different. I'm average height, he's on the tall side. I'm very pale, he has a more olive complexion. We both look like our ethncities (him: russian-jewish, me: german and english). All of our parents are excited, though, because they think we'll make cute babies.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Not to the point of looking related, but people always say that our features compliment one another.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
No we don''t look, act or dress alike at all. DD is a total mini me though.
3.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
physically? No. He is dark hair, dark eyes, dark skin and I am the opposite w/ lighter hair, light eyes, fair skin. But similar styles, yes definitely. However, this may be due to the fact that I purchase all of my husband''s clothing
9.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Um...yeah, I think we do look alike. At a friend''s wedding, the photographer took a pic of the happy couple, DH and me, and another married couple, and when I saw it, I was stunned. All three couples (us included) looked like we were standing next to a sibling, not a spouse.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes - we physically resemble each other so much, that people often mistake us for brother and sister. Does that make us narcissists for being physically attracted to each other?
emotion-40.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think we look much alike, except for the fact that we're only an inch and a half apart in height. (I'm the taller one.
31.gif
) Our coloring is fairly similar, but he has a much better skin tone, and hazel eyes.

As for personality, we could not be more different. He's rational, I'm not.
9.gif

Here's a picture, for illustration:

WereEngaged!.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Haven, cute picture! I think you and your DH could pass for brother and sister, really! If I didn''t know the two of you were married - and he introduced you as his sister, I could totally see it!

My DH is tall - 6 ft, and dark - and I''m short - 5 ft. 3, and fairer, so I don''t think we look alike. However, we both have round faces. People have told us we look like siblings!
28.gif
I think we make a cute couple, though.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend and I have the same eyes. I didn''t notice it until I was driving one day and he was in the passenger seat we both looked back to look at the person in the back who had said something and the person goes "..Whoa. You guys have identical eyes."

We both have blue eyes and green in the same places in the eye. But he has LONG LONG eyelashes which are darker than mine, so beautiful. I hope our kids get his eyelashes. I''ll be so mad if they don''t.

Aside from that, we don''t look that similar.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Aww, Haven you guys are too cute. And you guys do have similar features!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
First time my grandma met SO, she said "he could be your brother." Eeew. Thanks grams.

I'm 5'5'' He's 5'9"
We both have very dark brown hair and dark brown eyes
We both have very similar olive skin.
We could both stand to lose a few pounds.
Our noses WERE pretty identical until, I..... erm.... changed mine.

If we decide to have kids someday I PRAY they get his weird double layer eyelashes and big lips.

(ETA: We also have matching double chins and make weird faces for pictures)

oddducks.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Similarities: We both have brown hair, are on the slender side, are close in height (me: 5''5" him: 5''8"), and wear black, wire rim glasses. Personality wise, we are both hard headed, hard workers, determined, and opinionated, we are both very logic driven.

Differences: I am pale (of Irish decent) and he has olive skin (of Italian decent). My hair is curly, his is stick straight. I have lots of freckles, he has none. Personality wise, I am much more silly, he has a wicked sense of humor, but is only comfortable opening up in front of a few people. He is shy, I am outgoing. He''s a procrastinator, I like to get things done.

Overall, we compliment each other well.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
We totally look like a matching couple - we''re both short, with pale skin and dark hair, and similar, athletic/muscular builds. I think we''ve been mistaken for siblings a couple of times too
3.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I match personality wise, and we have very similar tastes, but we look nothing alike. DH is very tall, and I am not...we both have dark hair and eyes, but that is about it!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
D and I don''t look anything like each other and our personalities are very different also but we balance each other out.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t look at all like my husband cause he''s Chinese and I''m English/Scottish/Irish/Italian. I do think that we''re the perfect height ratio though (me 5''5", him 5''10") so we fit together well standing next to each other.

On the other hand, I don''t look at all like my brother either. I have dark black/brown hair, pale skin, and hazel eyes, and he has red hair, green eyes and tan skin. We used to joke that he got the Irish hair and Italian skin, while I got the Italian hair and Irish skin. My brother''s fiance looks a lot like him with red hair and green eyes, so I''m always afraid to go out with the two of them without my husband, cause I''m afraid people will think they are brother and sister and I am his girlfriend
14.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 8:58:20 AM
Author: thing2of2
No, we''re pretty much opposites physically, but I like to think we look cute together! We''re also pretty much opposites as far as our personalities go, but we balance each other out!
I''ve seen pics of you two and I think you guys are a pretty matched set! Maybe not exactly physically but you look like you FIT together. Maybe style-wise or whatever but you match imo, from pics I''ve seen!

Date: 3/7/2009 1:59:48 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
We totally look like a matching couple - we''re both short, with pale skin and dark hair, and similar, athletic/muscular builds. I think we''ve been mistaken for siblings a couple of times too
3.gif
AG, you are your DH TOTALLY match! I''ve seen your pics and it''s a perfect fit!
1.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
My DH and I don''t totally look alike, as in, we wouldn''t be mistaken for siblings or anything. He''s russian/italian. I''m vietnamese/english/welsh. But our coloring is similar, dark hair, eyes, skin tone, he''s short, I''m short... so I think we look good together. Relatively matched.
1.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Steve is Vietnamese, and I''m your basic WASPy mix, so no we don''t look a bit alike! We do have a similar slightly pretty style, though.

In terms of personality, we are pretty similar, though there are some differences.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think we match, but we do mesh well together. We are both tall which is great. We are both Jewish so there are certain ethnic traits we share, but he is Sephardic so he has Spanish blood while I am Ashkenazic and have Hungarian ancestry, so he has a natural looking tan all year round (makes me very jealous).

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Yes. People often think FI and I are actually brother and sister
23.gif
. We both have short, brown curly hair. I think that's mostly why.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 5:41:48 AM
Author:Dancing Fire
does your friends ever say something like...you two really match each other.
Only in personality - we don't look similar at all! Oh, except that we're both slightly on the short side for our genders (me- 5'4", him- 5'8"), and I suppose we dress in somewhat similar genres. That's it. Totally different hair/eye/skin colors and bone structures.

Our personalities and interests are pretty matched up, however.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think we do, other than our height difference (more than a foot!). We're both brunettes, pale, usually very casually dressed, and shaggy (well, he is, and I have bangs). We also have very similar, goofy personalities, though I'm more of an extrovert than he is.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Are we a matching couple?

Nate is 6''4" and I am 5''7." We both go to the gym, but he goes everyday and I go once or twice a week. He used to have blond hair, but it''s starting to get darker. My natural hair is a mixture of brown and blond, but I color it all dark brown. His has his in a cropped cut and I have "manbangs." I have blue eyes and he has green eyes.

Clothing wise, we''re both preppy. I live for all things preppy. Of the 7 days in the week, he has on a Brooks Brothers suit. I''m always going to BB to pick something up for him.

Personality wise, we are very different. But we never have any issues. I never wanted to date a person that was just like me anyway.

Asu

Shiny_Rock
totally
9.gif
even now,people sometimes think we are brothers
6.gif
It''s kind of weird when we have to say "no,we are married!"

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I''m pale and white, and he has a little darker shade, and dark hair. I don''t know of we LOOK like a matching set, but we definately ARE a matching set.

mori19.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
We have similar hair color and both have light eyes. FI is shorter than I am and we are proportioned very differently. In fact, when we are sitting we are perfectly eye level because of my short torso and long legs and his long torso and short legs. I have a much stronger nose than he does and he has his mother''s strong jawline. I am hoping that if we have a boy he inherits those features from FI because he was the cutest little baby.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
We look nothing alike but a girl I went to high school with, well we went to a speech meet and they had a dance that night at the high school so we all went. Anyways, there was a guy there who looked EXACTLY like our friend kelly it was so hilarious. We got them to dance together and we took a picture, I wish I still had that picture hah

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results