shape
carat
color
clarity

Yesterday, we had to put down my childhood dog.

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
She was 15 and had liver cancer.

She was beginning to shiver, she had a fever, her liver took over her torso, and she was very sick. It was time.

We used an in-home service and the vet gave her a strong sedative and she was pretty much gone there but still breathing, and then a second medication that was lethal. She died instantly and very peacefully.

She was with me from when I was 7 to when I was 22. So from starting 2nd grade to my engagement party!

ca642ffd1d53f0648dcf8b03a8b2898e.jpg

2a806141fcee27c7d7ae3c7e0a24cc62.jpg

The night before she passed. Her heart was working overtime. :(

4c3293cfe386ce79866e62f88093110b.jpg

The last photo I got of her, while the sedative was being prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Yesterday, we had to put down my childhood dog.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Even when its obvious that its time, its still very difficult to make the decision that you had to make.

Your sweet little girl had a long life.

Losing a childhood pet can be particularly hard because its as though they've always been part of our life. Its hard to imagine that they'll no longer be with us.

However, I believe that loved ones always live on in our hearts and minds. After the pain of grieving subsides, we begin to remember the loved one's special personality with smiles.

My condolences to you and your family.

Hugs

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock

I am so sorry. Your love for her is clear and she felt that love. I'm sorry your heart hurts so much and I hope you are able to find peace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Marquise Madness - I just wanted to express how sorry I am for your loss!!! I know how hard it is to lose your pet who is more like a family member who in reality saw you grow up. It still brings me to tears (trying to fight them back while here at work), but we also had to put our family dog down 3 years ago and it was one of the hardest things we had to do. But he was also suffering with a tumor in his nose that had started to constantly bleed, he wasn't eating at all and was having lots of difficulty breathing. My next younger sister and I were most devastated since we got him when I was 14 and my sister was 4 and the rest of my siblings were not around yet. It left a hole in my heart but we buried him in a field across the street from my parents house so he could always be close to us.

Your little girl is so cute and I love the photos you shared of her! She'll always be with you and you'll always have great memories of her! To this day, we find pictures of when our Mao was a puppy and while he was getting older and it always brings big smiles to our faces. They're not on this earth for enough time but at least they fill our lives with so much happiness and unconditional love while they are here.

Sending big hugs and positive thoughts your way!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Sending hugs to you. I've been through it too, and I know how heartbreaking it is. Hoping that your years of memories with her will provide comfort to you, and knowing that she's no longer uncomfortable.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Sending hugs to you. I've been through it too, and I know how heartbreaking it is. Hoping that your years of memories with her will provide comfort to you, and knowing that she's no longer uncomfortable.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock

Marquise, so sorry. Hugs to you and your family

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock

I am so sorry for your loss. It's so rough when we loose our precious friends. Just hang in there. Warm hugs to you.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

I'm so sorry for you. The pain now is just a reminder of how much love you have for her. I know how difficult it is and I'm thinking of you and your family.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry for your loss. ;(

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sorry. The pain of losing a life long loved pet is so hard. Hugs to you.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I'm so very sorry Marquise Madness. The loss of a beloved pet is so hard. Sending gentle hugs to you and your family.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry. So hard to lose a lifelong friend. I know she knew you loved her. (((hug)))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry MM. This is one of the hardest things to have to endure but know that you did the right thing for her. I dont think
I'm going out on a limb to say that you probably provided her a lifetime full of love and she the same for you. The pain will dull
over time and you will be able to remember all the joy she brought to you without feeling all the pain of her loss. It takes time.
Give yourself lots of time. Big hugs...tyty

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So sorry about your dog.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is heartbreaking.
I'm so sorry for your precious loss.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

How sad you must feel. I loved your pictures--thank you for sharing.

Healing vibes across the miles.

kind regards--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh honey, I am so so sorry. I wish I could take away your pain. Your pictures of her broke my heart. She was such a little beauty. Be kind to yourself and remind yourself that you and your family gave her a beautiful life.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Marquise Madness - I am so sorry for the loss of your precious furbaby. You two grew up together so I can only imagine how difficult this is for you. You knew it was her time but it's still difficult and painful making the decision. I'm glad her passing was peaceful. Hugs across the miles to you and your family.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry for your loss. May your childhood memories of your pooch bring you much joy after the pain of losing her fades with some time. What a pretty doggie!

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock

Thank you everybody. She was very loved and a very special dog.

4e00233d349e91f4adbfe9d1a39b43f5.jpg

My parents have two other dogs who were present and they're doing ok. My parents are doing ok. I think my brother is doing ok. He was having a tough time and cried a lot, he's 20 and was really close to her. I went to a store and found a little golden figurine that looked like her to take to school. Told him to close his eyes and handed it to him and said "it's your totem". If you've seen "inception", it makes sense. It was just a little $2 trinket.
6ed974900a5d618f5a5b08ae88eef022.jpg

PerkyPolly

Rough_Rock

Hello to you. I'm new here but your post caught my eye today and I just wanted to day how sorry I was to read about your beautiful dog having to be put to sleep. I was very moved and just wanted to send you my love and support. Think of all the happy times together. X

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock

PerkyPolly said:
Hello to you. I'm new here but your post caught my eye today and I just wanted to day how sorry I was to read about your beautiful dog having to be put to sleep. I was very moved and just wanted to send you my love and support. Think of all the happy times together. X

Thank you Polly! Welcome to Pricescope!

She was a very wonderful dog and was there for me for most of my life (I got her when I was 7, and now I'm 22!) so it was hard to see her go, but when they gave her the sedative, it was comforting to know that it was the first time in a few weeks that she wasn't in pain.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sorry for your loss

PerkyPolly

Rough_Rock

M.M. Thank you! Still finding my way around lol!
I had a Siamese cat very dear to me for 15 years and I had to have him P.T.S. too. Also one of my dogs a Border terrier who developed spinal cancer aged just 7 years old as well. It's a hard decision and it hurts so much because you love them. If you didn't love them it wouldn't hurt I suppose.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh no, I am so very sorry MM, big hugs to you sweetie, I know this is such a hard thing to go through - I still remember the intense sadness of losing my childhood dog, and I still miss her. What an adorable and sweet face, my heart goes out to you. I'm sending lots of good thoughts to you and I hope that as time goes by your memories of your precious dog will bring you peace and comfort. (((HUGS)))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry MM! Putting a dog down is the hardest thing. I have only had to do it once, and I don't think I can ever do it again. One of our dogs is 12 and I am already stressing about losing him. Hugs to you and your family. Your sweet baby was so well loved.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so very sorry for this loss. The pics are so touching, what a sweet girl and what love and loyalty you gave to each other. I know you feel pain and I'm sending you Peace. Peace be with you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry for your loss Marquise. It is heartbreaking to lose a beloved family member. She was such a sweet baby and had a wonderful life with you and your family and you have given her much needed relief and peace from the pain. The greatest gift you can give a loved one at the end of their life. (((HUGS))).

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This breaks my heart. Sending lots of hugs & thank you for posting the pictures - they're really lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results