shape
carat
color
clarity

yaaaaaaaaaay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
we are registering for the wedding on saturday afternoon, wheeee :)
any tips, suggestions, things that are essential that we might overlook?
wheeeee we are getting haircuts that day too :)

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
take stock of what you already have, think of thoughtful gifts you would get other people, and dont ask for something you know you would never use (umm. yeah my sister still has not used her margarita machine.. and they got married over 7 years ago!!
25.gif
)

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I would first decide what "kind" of things you want - if you are registering for dinnerware/flatware - decide if you want both a casual set and a fine china set....or if you want one set for all occasions, then find a good in-the-middle type.

I''d also take stock of what you need, or what needs replacing - if your pots and pans need replacing, start thinking about what kind of cooking you do mostly - will that cooking require cast iron? stainless steel? Start reading reviews on certain lines - this can help immensely.

Also, if registering for towels/bedding/decor - think about the colors and style you will want - believe me, it''s so much easier if you and your FI talk about this BEFORE heading out to actually scan the items - it can avoid MUCH aggravation if you both have different ideas of what you want!
1.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Wear comfy shoes!!! I wore heels thinking I''d look all cute and sassy and regretted it. It takes a LOT longer than you would think (or ours did at least...we did majority in one day, then the rest in 4 or 5 small trips back to the stores).

Put lots of different dollar amounts. Have some small items (for showers) too. Oh! And sometimes it''s a good idea NOT to get cookware in a huge set. This will end up costing someone 300-400 dollars, and I registered for each pot/pan separately.

And if you want it, put it on there. We registered for a liquor cabinet that was $400 from Crate and Barrel, thinking no one would buy it for us. We put it on there bc they will give you a discount after the wedding. It ended up being THE VERY FIRST wedding gift we received! So you never know...

Have fun! Don''t fight!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 9:36:35 AM
Author: Lanie
Wear comfy shoes!!! I wore heels thinking I''d look all cute and sassy and regretted it. It takes a LOT longer than you would think (or ours did at least...we did majority in one day, then the rest in 4 or 5 small trips back to the stores).

Put lots of different dollar amounts. Have some small items (for showers) too. Oh! And sometimes it''s a good idea NOT to get cookware in a huge set. This will end up costing someone 300-400 dollars, and I registered for each pot/pan separately.

And if you want it, put it on there. We registered for a liquor cabinet that was $400 from Crate and Barrel, thinking no one would buy it for us. We put it on there bc they will give you a discount after the wedding. It ended up being THE VERY FIRST wedding gift we received! So you never know...

Have fun! Don''t fight!
YUP. So true.
Be cute but comfy! and pick different price ranged goods. ESP for the showers and things.
35.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
A couple of things we didn''t initially think about but ended up registering for were a nice, rolling cooler and a patio storage box/bench. Both have been really handy!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 12:08:30 AM
Author:Smurfysmiles
we are registering for the wedding on saturday afternoon, wheeee :)
any tips, suggestions, things that are essential that we might overlook?
wheeeee we are getting haircuts that day too :)
I''m getting a hair cut tomowwor as well! Hooray!

The only advice I have, is to invision the feel that you want for your bathrooms and future extra bedrooms to have. It''s better to pick things out that will match already, than randomly just picking things you like, and then realizing after the wedding that nothing matches eachother.

C and I knew that we want to get a king size bed after we get married, so we went ahead and registered for king size sheets. Things like that. Just think ahead!!
9.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
thanks guys, much better advice than the knot had to say :)

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any suggestions but YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for registering! There... just thought i''d add in some more excitement.
3.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
haha thanks red :)

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
teehee.. no problem... I love getting really excited about stuff. I''m sure that I will be on the verge of peeing myself with excitement when I register. lol

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
It''s so much fun, Smurfy! Have a great time!

Try going online on the store''s website to see if there is anything that you like on there ... possibly even start your registry online and complete it in store. I found that this really helped "organize" me.

I couldn''t give up the gun ... I loved walking around the store and shooting at everything we wanted/needed!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
DEFINITELY REGISTER FOR EACH POT AND PAN SEPARATELY!!!!!

They are MUCH more expensive that way, and easier for people to purchase. After the wedding, take all of the pots and pans back to the store, and return them for store credit. Buy the set for much less money. Enjoy spending the difference on something else you wanted but didn''t get!!!

This is my fave tip from my friend who is a manager at BB&B and deals with wedding registries all the time :)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
we actually don''t need to worry about pots and pans because that was one of our gifts to ourselves for xmas. our pots and pans were 40+years old
32.gif
so we upgraded and got a nice 250 dollar set :) so now i can find something else fun to spend it on!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
update:
we successfully registered for 330 items! hurray!
we are also thinking of registering at kohls and pier one...too much?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results