• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, I don't even trust my own driving let alone a driverless car. :lol: I don't ever use the cruise control.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet as I do not believe there is sufficient data and evidence to support they are safe on our roads currently.

No doubt it will happen in the future, whenever that may be.

I took Skytrain in Vancouver which is driverless for my first visit back in 80s without any concerns. However, they do not have to worry about the unpredictability of other road users.

DK :))

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet and not until they have a consistent safety record. I hope driverless cars become totally safe before I lose the ability to drive due to age.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Tesla: Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability are intended for use with a fully attentive driver, who has their hands on the wheel and is prepared to take over at any moment. While these features are designed to become more capable over time, the currently enabled features do not make the vehicle autonomous.
This I would do.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Mmm, ask me in five years.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I will when Tesla has enough data to safely go driverless in a mixed population. The safest would be everyone was driverless, but America is way too auto centric to ever do that

Software might be great with patterns, but humans are unpredictable.

I want the AI to be much more mature and the tech is still too clunky for my comfort. Margin for error is too large.

I’m obviously risk averse and will never be an early adopter, but my husband and I would love to buy a driverless Tesla one day…

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tesla: Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability are intended for use with a fully attentive driver, who has their hands on the wheel and is prepared to take over at any moment. While these features are designed to become more capable over time, the currently enabled features do not make the vehicle autonomous.
This I would do.

THIS! The system is not ready as yet. I will wait until it is a proven system.

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
HECKY NO!! :-o

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Noooooooo….

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can't get 100% of Americans to voluntarily vaccinate against a horror like C19, how can we expect everyone to give up their god given right to drive whatever and however the hell they want?

Some Americans are brain-dead spoiled brats when it comes to what they considering to be their rights and freedoms ... why, just today in the news ...

Grocery clerk killed after asking shopper to pull up his mask​

210616132406-screengrab-biles-brother-court-incident-small-169.jpg

Attachments

• 1623884902330.gif
    1623884902330.gif
    57 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No! That would be a total anxiety nightmare for me!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
No, not until the technology improves vastly. It’s bad enough when your home computer crashes or doesn’t do what’s expected. But a car, on the road!!!!!! YIKES!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't like giving up control. It is one of the major reasons I don't like to fly in airplanes. Because I don't know who the pilot and copilot are and I don't know who checked out the plane to make sure it was safe to fly etc. So I don't see myself in a driverless car anytime soon. Machines fail, make mistakes and are not perfect. Just like humans. But if I am driving or someone I trust is driving I am confident whereas an unknown computer controlling the driving? Nope, not ready for that just yet.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As the owner of a Self Driving Tesla….. it’s amazing. Truly adds a level of safety to driving. On long highway drives it allows you to be far more relaxed for long periods- and when your attention is required, you’re fresher.
There’s no doubt in my mind this could be a boon to long haul trucking.
I also love the way it drives in stop and go traffic. I’ve let it drive me through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel- which is narrow and stressful. The car does it flawlessly.
It’s a big step to driverless vehicles though. But I can tell you first hand Tesla has highway driving down pat. It was an $8,000 option…… and IMO super well worth it.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
No sir! I don't trust other drivers. If everyone was in a driverless cars, then I would. I actually trust the computer more than other drivers. Software doesn't make mistake. Human beings do, unpredictable.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hahaha yeah I think they're not quite properly validated yet, I dont have any conviction that theyre currently completely ready for mass rollout.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results