shape
carat
color
clarity

would you help me choose earring designs?

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
I believe this is the first thread I've started in Hangout, so if this is in the wrong forum, please forgive!

I'm in the process of having some jewelry pieces made with the diamonds from my late mother's rings. These will be for my nieces, I really want them to have something of their grandmother's that they can treasure. I'm having a pendant made for one niece, and the other niece wants earrings. I've been working with an Etsy vendor, and he's come up with two possible designs for the earrings. I can't decide which I like better, the studs or the dangles.

Which would you choose? My niece is 19 years old, and she has two piercings in each ear.

Thanks for your help!

danielm studs2.jpg

danielm dangles2.jpg

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I like the studs. To me, the dangles have an older feel to them. I think the studs will be modern and versatile and she will be able to wear them for many years to come.

Hope we get to see pictures of all the final products! :))

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ditto on the studs!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the studs better also. What a generous aunt you are!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
I really like the studs, but would prefer to have the post centered behind the stud rather than at the top. You are a sweet aunt to have such meaningful gifts made for your nieces!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Studs from me too. She can wear them with anything. What a wonderful gesture.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the studs. To me the dangles look dressier and more formal. Such a nice idea though and such pretty designs!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Studs!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
tsavvy|1318268135|3037129 said:
I really like the studs, but would prefer to have the post centered behind the stud rather than at the top. You are a sweet aunt to have such meaningful gifts made for your nieces!

This, exactly. How thoughtful of you! I'm sure she will love them!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Studs for me too!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Studs. What a great gift!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I would do hoops.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for studs!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
studs!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Studs...others feel too old and agree with other posters. Post in the middle not at top.

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for studs. Definitely have a more modern feel to them.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Chloe, yennyfire, Zoe, tsavvy, jewelfreak, sundial, aprilbaby, vc10um, packrat, luv2sparkle, keplie, tyty333, SC86, thank you all for your input! tsavvy, I agree about centering the posts rather than having them at the top.

OUPeargirl, Boomer Sooner! I'm an OU alum, and just up the road aways, so howdy neighbor!

Tacori-ering, hoops are not out of the question. I think to stay in my budget, I could possibly do 3/4 hoops with a post.

Another option is to go with the same cluster style, but have french wires instead of posts, so the cluster would hang just below the ear lobe. Hopefully I will have some pictures soon of the 3/4 hoop and the french wire, so I may be back asking for more input.

Thank you all for your kind words, and for your help!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Of the two choices, the studs. Ditto the hoops suggestion - I really think they would stand the test of time better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results