shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you clone your beloved pet for $50,000?

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I’d say hard pass on the cloning for most of the same reasons above. However, I’m strongly considering cryonics for my sweet senior Havanese, Watson.
58794EE8-4DAB-447C-8BA8-8CECE8792C42.jpeg EEA2CAC6-1F37-471E-8D38-22E43C96FCA9.jpeg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t lie, I would totally want my old girl back. I still miss her sassy ass everyday. Even though I have the SWEETEST girl on the planet right now, sigh, I miss my Daisy. She was like a mother or a big sister to me. Due to her breed, I know the same sort of dog would come about. Protective and so incredibly smart. Yep, I would do it. Plus, she would boss around my goofy golden retriever and believe me, someone needs to!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not because there is no guarantee that the cloned pet’s personality would be the same as the beloved pet’s personality. Also, if the beloved pet had a horrendous disease, I would not want to risk the cloned pet having the same disease.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't even though the thought of feeling the silky fur of my beloved fur babies once again seems like heaven. The reason is I am getting older and I don't have that previous type of life to offer anymore. I would feel guilty that the new dog was not growing up with the kids since they are grown, and sharing the life of his/her original. I know that sounds strange but I would be comparing. It's just how I am.

We still have dogs and we give them a great life. And of course there are so many dogs that need to be adopted. We just adopted an 8 year old dog and already she is well loved. Her family of 8 years dumped her in a high kill rate shelter and she was rescued by a wonderful canine rescue group. Once she got settled and the excitement wore off she would go off by herself and sit quietly. I believe she was grieving. She doesn't seem to be doing that recently. We love our dogs so much.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just adopted an 8 year old dog and already she is well loved. Her family of 8 years dumped her in a high kill rate shelter and she was rescued by a wonderful canine rescue group. Once she got settled and the excitement wore off she would go off by herself and sit quietly. I believe she was grieving. She doesn't seem to be doing that recently. We love our dogs so much.

Heartwarming and wonderful and thank you for saving this 8 year old's life and for making her a part of your family. So glad she isn't grieving anymore for her previous family who abandoned her and left her to die :(

Sending your newest family member big hugs and so glad you guys are giving her a warm loving family. :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought about it and then I watched a 60 mins article on it and saw how they treated the female dogs as money making incubators in labs in Asian countries and got over it.

I realised as much as I'd like to, I can't get my much loved pet back again and I don't see the need to put other animals through that sort of situation trying.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should say that being I have a purebreed greyhound, its easy enough finding one that looks just like her. It would be pretty impossible to replicate her personality though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results