shape
carat
color
clarity

Wish Me Luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Miss Shay, I see you''re out and about. How''s it going?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 10:08:46 AM
Author: Ellen
Hey Miss Shay, I see you''re out and about. How''s it going?
Still Smoke Free, my friend. Thank you for asking. It''s going well. Tomorrow will be almost a week. Hopefully, you can use me to help you quit soon.
2.gif
Thank you so much for your support, Ellen. It really means the world to know that ya''ll are all thinking of me and hoping for the best. I can''t stay on here long as my hubby will want the comp. in about a minute, and I really should work on a transcript. If I get enough done, I''ll be back later to answer everyone who has posted in depth.
9.gif

shay

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am just so proud of you shay! stay strong woman! i knew you were doing good when you said that you *wanted* to quit this time. that is the only way it can actually happen. you have to really be ready and when you know...you KNOW.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 10:54:04 AM
Author: Shay37
Still Smoke Free, my friend. Thank you for asking. It''s going well. Tomorrow will be almost a week. Hopefully, you can use me to help you quit soon.
2.gif
Thank you so much for your support, Ellen. It really means the world to know that ya''ll are all thinking of me and hoping for the best. I can''t stay on here long as my hubby will want the comp. in about a minute, and I really should work on a transcript. If I get enough done, I''ll be back later to answer everyone who has posted in depth.
9.gif

shay
36.gif

Really, you are an inspiration.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Shay, you''re doing great!!! I knew you could do it!!!!
36.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Shay, almost a week!!! You''re doing so good!!! Keep up the hard work, I know it is hard work, but you can do it if you want it bad enough!

Here''s a good mental exercise, if you''re game: tell us all the great things that you have noticed changing in the past week (i.e. not smelling like smoke, having extra cash in your pocket that you didn''t spend on smokes, or whatever)...this will help you to realize and remember, for yourself, all of the benefits that you will enjoy in your new smoke-free life!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats shay!!! you are doing wonderfully. i know you already know this but just remember if you have any cravings or whatever that quitting smoking is probably the one thing that you can do for your health that has guaranteed positive results!!!! stay strong woman.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY SHAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Now you have made it through your first week almost, a wee treat is in order!!! Go hit thy mall and look at fragrances, nail polishes, anything you fancy that you can spend the money you saved on smokes!!
31.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your decision. Keep up the good work!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 3:51:12 AM
Author: Lorelei
YAY SHAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Now you have made it through your first week almost, a wee treat is in order!!! Go hit thy mall and look at fragrances, nail polishes, anything you fancy that you can spend the money you saved on smokes!!
31.gif
I think this is a smashing idea.
31.gif

Cute av.
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe...thanks Miss Ellen - you should see my Chanel perfume collection since I quit smoking ( rubs hands together!)
31.gif
30.gif
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 9:36:50 AM
Hehehe...thanks Miss Ellen - you should see my Chanel perfume collection since I quit smoking ( rubs hands together!)
31.gif
30.gif
3.gif
Gosh, wonder what I''ll stock up on when I quit....

*dreaming*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure you will find something...
31.gif
If you need any inspiration let me know!
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 9:44:37 AM
I am sure you will find something...
31.gif
If you need any inspiration let me know!
3.gif
LOL! K
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
25.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Great job Shay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You''re doing awesome!!

I''m also still smoke free since Dec 31st!!!...even through this whole dog incident I haven''t smoked!!!!...
9.gif

Keep on going, take it one day at a time and give yourself a big pat on the back!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif

Congrats!!!!!

M~

MauiTikii

Rough_Rock
Shay / Mandarine - Although I do not post here (maybe once or twice) I do want to wish you both congratulations on both your quits.
36.gif
If I can be of any help or support just let me know. I quit smoking this past Aug 14th. It had to have been one of the hardest things ever but with support of my husband (and a quit smoking forum) I did it. All the best to you both and stay strong:

MauiTiki (aka Lisa) who has NOT smoked in Four months, three weeks, six days, 16 hours, 30 minutes and 41 seconds. 4191 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,383.50. Life saved: 2 weeks, 13 hours, 15 minutes.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 11:24:42 AM
Author: Mandarine

I''m also still smoke free since Dec 31st!!!...even through this whole dog incident I haven''t smoked!!!!...
9.gif

M~
36.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Shay that is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad that you have made this difficult decision. I am sure there must be moments where you want one, but find another outlet, like, I don''t know, LOG ON TO PS INSTEAD!!!! lol

really, keep it up, and many prayers going your way!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 11:07:17 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
Wow, Shay, almost a week!!! You're doing so good!!! Keep up the hard work, I know it is hard work, but you can do it if you want it bad enough!

Here's a good mental exercise, if you're game: tell us all the great things that you have noticed changing in the past week (i.e. not smelling like smoke, having extra cash in your pocket that you didn't spend on smokes, or whatever)...this will help you to realize and remember, for yourself, all of the benefits that you will enjoy in your new smoke-free life!
It is a week today!!!!
36.gif
I feel so much better today than I have. I did not realize how strong a drug nicotine really is. I felt like I walked around in a daze for the first two days, and all I wanted to do was sleep. I had trouble concentrating, and even typing on here was tough because I had so many typos, but it gets better eventually.

The first thing that I notice aside from the smell, more money in my pocket, and being able to breathe: Can I just tell you about my skin? WOW!!!! I've always had reasonably good skin, but it's now so much better it's amazing. I was standing talking to my DH three mornings ago, and he's staring at me. I mean I noticed he was staring at me not just paying attention to what I was saying. I'm like WHAT? He says your skin looks incredible. I hadn't even washed it yet or moisturized it that morning. He said it really just glows.

That's the best feeling.

Lorelei, you enabler you. I just bought some jhivago24k. I love it. Good enough splurge? I love perfume.

Mandarine, I am so proud of you. That is amazing. For what you're going through, and to still be smoke free, you deserve an even bigger splurge! Hugs and stay strong.

Ellen, darlin', we're waiting for you.
2.gif

Strm, you just let us know when you're ready, and we'll be there for you.

Belle, and Mara, you girls went and changed your avatars. I almost didn't recognize you. I love them BTW. Thank you so much for your support.

Kaleigh, thank you for checking in on me. It feels so good to have made it this far.

Island Dreams, MauiTikii, and Sophie, thank you for your support. It really helps a lot. WTG, MauiTikii, that is such an accomplishment. Sophie, keep those prayers going up. That's the only way I can make it through the long haul.

Belle, you're right. When you know, you KNOW!!! I had not even intended to quit. I didn't make a new year's resolution or anything like that. It just began to dawn on me that I probably should in a very general years from now kind of way try to quit eventually.
31.gif

It's true. I didn't plan it. I had walked past the display of Nicorette in BJ's last week, and thought about it. Then last Thursday, I ran out of cigarettes around 9:30 a.m. I thought well, let's see how far I can go without one. Five hours later, I was at the breaking point. This is when the critical decision came in. Always before, I would just give in, think Oh, I just can't do it. This time, instead of turning right to go get smokes, I turned left to go get the gum. My DH didn't even know I was going to quit until I told him I had to go get it. He was so proud and happy for me. Then the next people I told was all ya'll. Then my Daddy.

Not bad for a spur of the moment huh?

shay

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck, Shay! You can do it. I am 5yrs. smoke free. The patch helps too, btw.

Again, good luck. It was the best decision I''ve ever made. I feel 100 times better.
9.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you Shay!! Awesome!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 4:53:35 PM

Date: 1/10/2007 11:07:17 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
Wow, Shay, almost a week!!! You're doing so good!!! Keep up the hard work, I know it is hard work, but you can do it if you want it bad enough!

Here's a good mental exercise, if you're game: tell us all the great things that you have noticed changing in the past week (i.e. not smelling like smoke, having extra cash in your pocket that you didn't spend on smokes, or whatever)...this will help you to realize and remember, for yourself, all of the benefits that you will enjoy in your new smoke-free life!
It is a week today!!!!
36.gif
I feel so much better today than I have. I did not realize how strong a drug nicotine really is. I felt like I walked around in a daze for the first two days, and all I wanted to do was sleep. I had trouble concentrating, and even typing on here was tough because I had so many typos, but it gets better eventually.

The first thing that I notice aside from the smell, more money in my pocket, and being able to breathe: Can I just tell you about my skin? WOW!!!! I've always had reasonably good skin, but it's now so much better it's amazing. I was standing talking to my DH three mornings ago, and he's staring at me. I mean I noticed he was staring at me not just paying attention to what I was saying. I'm like WHAT? He says your skin looks incredible. I hadn't even washed it yet or moisturized it that morning. He said it really just glows.

That's the best feeling.

Lorelei, you enabler you. I just bought some jhivago24k. I love it. Good enough splurge? I love perfume.

Mandarine, I am so proud of you. That is amazing. For what you're going through, and to still be smoke free, you deserve an even bigger splurge! Hugs and stay strong.

Ellen, darlin', we're waiting for you.
2.gif

Strm, you just let us know when you're ready, and we'll be there for you.

Belle, and Mara, you girls went and changed your avatars. I almost didn't recognize you. I love them BTW. Thank you so much for your support.

Kaleigh, thank you for checking in on me. It feels so good to have made it this far.

Island Dreams, MauiTikii, and Sophie, thank you for your support. It really helps a lot. WTG, MauiTikii, that is such an accomplishment. Sophie, keep those prayers going up. That's the only way I can make it through the long haul.

Belle, you're right. When you know, you KNOW!!! I had not even intended to quit. I didn't make a new year's resolution or anything like that. It just began to dawn on me that I probably should in a very general years from now kind of way try to quit eventually.
31.gif

It's true. I didn't plan it. I had walked past the display of Nicorette in BJ's last week, and thought about it. Then last Thursday, I ran out of cigarettes around 9:30 a.m. I thought well, let's see how far I can go without one. Five hours later, I was at the breaking point. This is when the critical decision came in. Always before, I would just give in, think Oh, I just can't do it. This time, instead of turning right to go get smokes, I turned left to go get the gum. My DH didn't even know I was going to quit until I told him I had to go get it. He was so proud and happy for me. Then the next people I told was all ya'll. Then my Daddy.

shay

Hehehe...I VERY much approve of your purchase of Jhivago - thats the spirit! Well done Miss Shay!!!!! I agree about the skin, smoking seems to dull and dry it out, mine feels and looks so much better now too. If you can go a week, you have cracked it and it will start to get easier, keep up with the gum though. The ' foggies' which are caused by a lack of nicotine do go, Rod warned me about those and he was right, it is your body and brain readjusting.

Mandarine - you are incredible being able to stay away from the smokes after everything, hang in there
35.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I''m the energizer bunny. I''m still going.
9.gif

shay

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 7:25:41 PM
9.gif

shay
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Awesome!!!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo!!!! Go, bunny, GO!!
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 4:53:35 PM
It is a week today!!!!

I didn''t plan it. I had walked past the display of Nicorette in BJ''s last week, and thought about it. Then last Thursday, I ran out of cigarettes around 9:30 a.m. I thought well, let''s see how far I can go without one. Five hours later, I was at the breaking point. This is when the critical decision came in. Always before, I would just give in, think Oh, I just can''t do it. This time, instead of turning right to go get smokes, I turned left to go get the gum. My DH didn''t even know I was going to quit until I told him I had to go get it. He was so proud and happy for me. Then the next people I told was all ya''ll. Then my Daddy.

Congratulations on one week smoke-free. Your story may help other people. It is great that you have shared it. Keep us informed of your progress!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 11:24:42 AM
Author: Mandarine
I''m also still smoke free since Dec 31st!!!...even through this whole dog incident I haven''t smoked!!!!

Wow! How did I miss it that you gave up smoking? Congratulations, Mandarine!

Deb
34.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 7:25:41 PM
9.gif

shay
36.gif
emotion-19.gif
emthup.gif
emrose.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Deb. How are you? I am still not smoking. Yay.

Hey, Ellen. Did you miss the icestorm or get whacked? Thanks for checking on me.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results