shape
carat
color
clarity

Wish Me Luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Keep it up!
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go, Shay, go! We''re all cheering for you!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
you can do it Shay and Storm! And it will so be worth it!
My husband is trying right now and quit on 1-2-07. He is using the gum, too. I''ll bet there are a lot of people trying to quit this week with New Year''s resolutions. Good luck!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
day three of any addiction recovery is where most people fall down. what are you plans for sunday?

remember the car WILL start without a cigarette. when i quit smoking i had a replacement behavior of feeding squirrels everytime i wanted to step outside for a smoke.

think of a replacement behavior for you.

oh, another thing, the craving will only last 5 minutes. can you tough it out for 5 minutes.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful and difficult decision to decide to quit. Both of my parents are lifelong smokers and I wish, wish they would quiit. We lost my grandfather to lung cancer 10 yrs ago and I still don''t understand why my parents don''t quit.

I understand that it is an addiction and that it isn''t easy, so please please stick with it! YOu are definately doing the best thing for yourself and your family by quitting...
Use the gum or whatever you need to kick it!

Please let us know if we can help!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 1:18:42 PM
Author: Shay37

I really want to do it this time.
Honey, that''s 9/10ths of the battle right there. I KNOW you''ll do well.

Hubby and I both quit 4 years ago....best thing we ever did. I went cold.....he did the patches.

For me, one thing that worked was Lifesavers. Not the small ones in the roll at the supermarket, but I bought the larger ones (about the size of a quarter?) individually wrapped and in a cellophane candy bag.

Helped to have something that would last more than 2 min instead of the butt.

Best of luck to you - proud of your effort!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
You go girl! Also good luck to storm and anyone else taking on the challenge. I''ve never been a smoker...but think about how much more healthy you''ll be in the long run. Think about how much money you''ll save not buying cigarettes! You can reward yourself with a diamond treat! Keep up the good work, you can do it!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, Shay!!! You can do it!!! How great that you''re doing this very important thing for yourself!!!
36.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Good Luck you can do it! If you really want to quit & you know the time is right you will succeed. You are doing the best thing for your body.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Let me just say thank you to all my PS buddies who are wishing me well. I''m a little scattered today (nicotine withdrawal I suspect). I will talk more in depth later to each of you. Thank you for all the advice and the well wishes. To all those who are trying to quit or have loved ones who are, I wish you the very best at it.

I am into my third day without a cigarette. Yay!!! I cannot believe it. I almost had a meltdown a little while ago and I am still a little off if you know what I mean. In a day or so, I will sit down and detail how it went for those considering quitting. (you know play-by-play type of thing) Right now, I am having a hard time concentrating, so it will have to wait.

Thank you all so much.

shay

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hang in there! {{{hugs}}}

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2007 12:54:34 PM
I am into my third day without a cigarette.

Thank you for telling us!!! I really did not want to ask. I just wished you well, no matter what. But this is really cause for celebration!!!! DAY THREE!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Deb
34.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful!!! My husband did the gum and now it is going to be 2 years he is smoke free. You should reward yourself when you hit goals.

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
Congrats and Best Wishes to you!!

It has been 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days scince i''ve quit smoking for good!!
36.gif

The first 3 weeks are very hard, so hang in there!!
16.gif

The only thing that has ever helped me to quit and stay quit: ( Of course you need to train your mind-set as well )

http://www.smokeaway.com

Be Positive!!
4.gif
You can do it!!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! This is a huge decision and an even huger accomplishment! DH quit in ''88 after many years of serious smoking, and it is by far the best thing he has EVER done for his health. I know how hard it is right now, but believe me, it is the biggest gift you can give yourself.

Stay strong, and look for support when you need it. Take it moment by moment, turning down each urge as they come rather than looking at it as a lifetime decision. You''ll be surprised at how a day by day approach can get you many days down the road.
2.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
hang tough shay and strm!

We''re all rooting for you!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
She''s still going without cigarettes.
9.gif

shay

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 9:40:33 AM
9.gif

shay
36.gif
emotion-19.gif
emthup.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

shay
Way to go Shay! I wish you and Storm both the best of luck!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Good luck Shay!!! I know this is so hard- I have tried to quit many times- I have been smoking since h.s., so I know it is so so difficult. I only smoke like 3 or 4 cigs per day, but still, I need to give it up completely. You are such an inspiration!!! Keep it up!!!
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
LK, I don''t know that day three was that bad. Day 5 was a _itch!!!!!! I would have driven over the nearest smoker to frisk them for their last cigarette and smoked it right in front of them today.
20.gif
It was BAD!!!

bottom line: I made it through without breaking. It took a lot of prayer, and the thought that I would have to tell you guys also helped to keep me strong. Thanks. It helps knowing you''re here and rooting for me.

Storm? How are you doing?

shay

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Woo Hoo!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Way to go woman!!
36.gif

I''m so proud of you. You are getting me psyched to try again. You, and the cold I have that comes at least once every year, that I KNOW stems from smoking.
40.gif

Hang in there, you ARE doing it.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif

shay
YAY SHAY!!! congrats girlfriend, you can SOO do it!!!!!

thinking of rewarding a special milestone aka not smoking for 3 months or something with a bauble?
31.gif
or something to commemorate every month. hee.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 8:52:46 PM
LK, I don''t know that day three was that bad. Day 5 was a _itch!!!!!! I would have driven over the nearest smoker to frisk them for their last cigarette and smoked it right in front of them today.
20.gif
It was BAD!!!

bottom line: I made it through without breaking. It took a lot of prayer, and the thought that I would have to tell you guys also helped to keep me strong. Thanks. It helps knowing you''re here and rooting for me.

Storm? How are you doing?

shay
congrates!

havent posted anything cuz I didnt want to be discouraging.
I made it a whole 10 hours, ran out of cigs before I got the patches, then my car broke, then I got a ride and got some smokes instead of getting patches.
Going to try again with patches ready this time in a couple days.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard it takes 30 days to set a good habit and 30 days to break a bad one. Keep it up. Once you get through a whole month it will be a major milestone. I''m with Mara. Go a month, buy a diamond, LOL! Well, maybe a melee for every month?
27.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Way to go girl! Keep it up!!!!
36.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Checking in to say ''woohoo!!''

way to go shay!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hang in there Shay!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Storm, you can do it - try again!!!
35.gif

The first couple of days are tough, then it does get easier - if Hubby and I can do it then anyone can! Remember , cigarettes are NOT your friend and all you really have to do is take it minute by minute for now and not take another puff. Keep going and look forward to your new heathier smoke free selves! Keep on with the full dose of gum, it really helps. I am now hooked on plain gum after the nicotine gum, but I DON'T SMOKE
emotion-19.gif
3.gif
30.gif
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif

Mandarine, how are you doing?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Shay,

I know you''re going to succeed with this. We''re here cheering you on!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results