shape
carat
color
clarity

Will this work for all BMs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I am wondering if this dress can be considered universally flattering. Keep in mind it comes with spaghetti straps and all 5 will want them. I have three heavier bms....do you think this would work for them?

bm dress possible.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
the cross over at the waist will definately help flatter fuller bods, HOWEVER that length may not be so great if they aren't that tall....but I think it is a great lookinf dress.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
sophie~ i think your''e right on that point about length. 3 of them are shorties (5''2-5''4). would it be better to do a cocktail lenght then? i will do floor length if i have to but it''ll be august and hot and i just love the look of tea length.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
I think it would def flatter heavier BM''s! Can they go and try it on?

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m hoping so!!! I have two DD chested BMs....do you think spaghetti straps will cut it?

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
wait....maybe only D''s (not DD''s)

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
or this one........more up top coverage. website claims this is tea length.....

bm dress alfred sung.jpg

cara

Ideal_Rock
It really depends how low the V goes on the chestier girls once its in their size. And depending on the cut it could require alterations to take in the waist, but I guess that''s true of any dress.

Does the first orange one have boning?

You''re probably better off asking them what they think would work...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a great BM dress for larger women. The cinched waist should help cover up rolls and the and in general it''s a dress that should look well on different body types. The length might need to be shortened substantially for shorter women. My BM''s will be wearing a tea length dress as well and one of them is 5''1 and the dress almost came down to her ankles.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are some variables with weight, including height and bust size. some women carry their weight differently, you would never know that they are the weight they are, they are well proportioned. I would say it is really best to have the toughest fits try it on first...

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your input!

I've been thinking about changing which dresses my bms could choose from for awhile. Once I bought another wedding gown...I REALLY wanted to change but felt bad to do that to them. At first I picked 25 one piece dresses I liked and also said they can pick a combo from the separates line as well (as long as it was satin and floor length and v.lilac). I've noticed only my MOH has actually decided on a dress (but to be honest the store only had 3 to choose from and this one was the lesser of 3 evils) so I was in no harm of really ticking anyone off with changing AFTER decisions had been made.

So, I changed last night!! I am so happy ;-) I was feeling very anxious about doing this but in the end I really think this will be easier for them (and look SO much better for the overal feel of my wedding). As it is, it is a MESS to find stores that carry more than 2 or 3 of the 25 styles I chose. Many shops don't KNOW what styles they have and can only know by sight (aarrgghh) so can't help over the phone. This makes it hard to want to drive 45 mins to go check out what they have when they might not have anything. In contrast, each store has carried the separates.

So, I cut out the one-piece styles altogether and just went with the separates. I even chose a skirt because, like my wedding gown (Maggie's Pia), it has a lovely organza overlay
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
. It is full length but when they come in I will decide if they should be tea length or cocktail or just stay floor length so I can have that too if I want. The flowy-ness of the skirt really makes me happy and if I decide to shorten them, I think that will look very summery :) (wedding's in august afterall).

I'm still letting them choose thier own tops of course so pretty much, if they were real lazy, all they'd have to do is go to the website, decide which neckline always looks good on them and voila! No dress hunting needed. They only need to be measured which 3 have already done!!

Okay, thanks for reading this far :) I really likeed that orange dress up top but the separtes line has similar waists so they can still have that if they want it !!!! yay!!!
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a big fan of the separates....everyone looks good and feels comfortable!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
That''s what I''M thinkin'', Firegoddess! When 3 bms and I went dress-looking last month, 2 of them tried on some separates and I liked them SO much better on them than the one piece numbers they were trying on. But I kept quiet because it is about what they feel best in. However, I am secretly very happy now because they won''t really be able to choose a dress that just doesn''t compliment thier body. They didn''t have the proper undergarments and the 2-pieces just looked better all around.

So, yay!!! for separates :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results