shape
carat
color
clarity

Wilfred

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone watch this?

My husband does and... I am torn between laughter, dismay, shock and amazement whenever I catch a part of an episode.

It is the most F'ed up show.

melave

Shiny_Rock
is that the aussie show or the US one?
I have watched the aussie one a few times. It is...........different :) but not too bad. There are some worst around thats for sure!!!

I would like to see what the US one is like, to see how different it is

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
US, I think. Elijah Wood stars in it.

melave

Shiny_Rock
oh it will be years before its on tv here i am sure :( bugger

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
melave|1313819089|2994861 said:
oh it will be years before its on tv here i am sure :( bugger

Hi melave, the US version is already being shown on Channel 11 free to air here in Aus.

Gypsy, I like it better than the original Aussie version, which is really rare for a re-make. I think Wood makes it funnier.
But I can see what you are getting it, it's pretty out-there. Perhaps that is the translation of Aussie humour to the US format/viewers?
I think it also has a predominantly male target audience :rodent:
Did you watch the last one about the reincarnation of Wood's character's boyhood puppy into Wilfred's body?? that was, admittedly, pretty messed up!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Totally effed up IMO. DH and I watched the first couple episodes, but now it's just DVRd for him to watch without me. I am also torn between shock and disgust, laughter and agreement.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
IT IS the most F'd up show. We watch it too. I actually think this show is perfectly cast, every actor is perfect, and when I saw Chris Klein was the neighbors douchey boyfriend I got a good laugh out of that too.

Some episodes totally annoy me, some are HILARIOUS.

The most recent one with the childhood dog storyline was pretty messed up tho. I keep screaming "stop bringing the dog there, doesn't he have like another house or something???"

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I haven't even heard about this show...now I'm curious....

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
The previews for this show just looked so incredibily stupid that I can't bring myself to watch a moment of it.

Life is too short to watch dumb tv.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1313861394|2995075 said:
Life is too short to watch dumb tv.

Wish I agreed...I watch some pretty stupid stuff and like it :lol:

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I love it.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It was a little disturbing, but funny at the same time for pet owners. Too much truth in that show.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1313851035|2994972 said:
IT IS the most F'd up show. We watch it too. I actually think this show is perfectly cast, every actor is perfect, and when I saw Chris Klein was the neighbors douchey boyfriend I got a good laugh out of that too.

Some episodes totally annoy me, some are HILARIOUS.

The most recent one with the childhood dog storyline was pretty messed up tho. I keep screaming "stop bringing the dog there, doesn't he have like another house or something???"

I agree with every word of this. They'll do something totally off the wall and I'll say, "I'm done with this show!" And then somehow it's still on the DVR the following week and we watch it. I think you're spot on, it's all in the casting. Chris Klein was hilarious!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
I agree that it is the most F'ed up show but that is what makes it so funny to my BF and I. There are no other shows out there like it and it gets so stupid you have to laugh.

Tmissy

Rough_Rock
I watch this show and crack up every time. Yes, I have a strange sense of humor to enjoy this show so much. I am a few episodes behind so have not seen the reincarnation episode. It is saved on my DVR so I will watch soon...maybe even this evening.

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
This has just started in the UK -I haven't seen it but was really confused by the trailer!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results