shape
carat
color
clarity

Why are so many PSers so grumpy right now?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
b/c indoor dining is closed again... :(sad

I heard this and actually thought of you right away even though I don't know you!!!

Did you squeeze in a few meals before it all closed down again?

I've got a girl's yum Cha planned for next month but we're thinking of moving it up lest they lock us up again.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you squeeze in a few meals before it all closed down again?

I've got a girl's yum Cha planned for next month but we're thinking of moving it up lest they lock us up again.
I went to yum cha twice and had one dinner before the restaurants were closed again.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! Most of my local restaurants have adapted quickly to al fresco seating! Maybe yours will too! Very creatively, I might add!
Too hot to eat outside here in the summer.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe this video will help lighten the mood. Japanese theme park executives ride a rollercoaster without screaming to demonstrate that it can be done. Park patrons are being asked to “please scream inside your heart.”

I love that guy on the left is wearing a bow tie and guy on the right has a suit and tie.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because the career that I worked so hard for, not to mention took on all kinds of student loans to prepare for, disappeared in the blink of an eye, and it looks like it won’t come back for 3-5 years. By the time it comes back, my competition for contracts will be younger, with sharper skills, and I’ll be considered a Boomer. Basically, I’m screwed.

Hugs , @PreRaphaelite !!!

I understand that you feel this way.

You're such a wonderful person, an asset to every project. You'll be hired in a more senior position five years from now!!!!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I try really hard not to be grumpy or confrontational on line
Im already a rightie so i have that stacked aganist me so i make a genuine effort to be nice, because im here for community and friendship as well as the sparkles

the last couple of days here and else where i feel i have been a bit grumpy

Its an election year here also and covid 19 is all consuming

And its cold here
really cold
And my house is not insulated 51abcc713a8a6bdbfc873112486c05f7.jpg

what i feel like

Not insulated? where do you live?

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm definitely more irritable right now due to COVID. I've got three kids home out of school, work remotely full time (though thankful for my job of course) and live in a period multi-unit building with some other residents home all day too now who are noisy. And one mysterious pot smoker whose odors end up in my bathroom some evenings even though we are a cannabis-free building.

But really, I think it's the constant low-grade noise of my kids and neighbors all day that puts me on edge. I'm an introvert and need more quiet time to recharge. I do wear noise-cancelling earphones often but would rather not have to...

Anne

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m an introvert so staying home hasn’t been too bad. It’s just not being able to have my own space. My 94 year old mom lives with me..I‘m not able to leave the house for a few hours for me time. I also have my 35 year old autistic son with me because he can’t go to his sheltered workshop. I‘m actually fine with him being home although it’s like having a young child at home....busy...keeping him happy and engaged. I can’t say I’m grumpy but more moody...Little things that I would be able to shake off tend to bother me more.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
May I ask which career it is if you're comfortable sharing? I'm trying to get my head around all the vanishing industries right now!
Tourism Administration with specialty in MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences, and expos). My work supports events of 35-70 thousand attendees. So that’s gone, and that’s what makes me grumpy. To heck with Covid, I say!

You'll be hired in a more senior position five years from now!!!!

Thank you for your kind words! You are such a warm supportive soul, not just for me but for all of us here on PS. Hugs to you!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Because there's an Opal worth $2k that has gone into the oblivion after flying off the stick during polishing. A 2 carat Opal with bright gem colour shouldn't be hard to find, but I've accepted after a week of searching that it's gone now ;(
Oh, and then discovered one of the cats knocked my Canon macro lens off the table in the office. That's another $500 or so

I better not catch any kids on my lawn next week...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourism Administration with specialty in MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences, and expos). My work supports events of 35-70 thousand attendees. So that’s gone, and that’s what makes me grumpy. To heck with Covid, I say!

Thank you for your kind words! You are such a warm supportive soul, not just for me but for all of us here on PS. Hugs to you!

Your skills, intelligence and grit haven't and will never leave you!!! You'll land on your feet somewhere!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been 97F all week. I'm not feeling well. Bah humbug. Also, although it is a necessity, we are much more locked down where I live in Canada. I'm having nightmares where I forgot to bring my mask somewhere. So yeah, grumpy and tired.

S

SallyB

Because the career that I worked so hard for, not to mention took on all kinds of student loans to prepare for, disappeared in the blink of an eye, and it looks like it won’t come back for 3-5 years. By the time it comes back, my competition for contracts will be younger, with sharper skills, and I’ll be considered a Boomer. Basically, I’m screwed.

I’m really sorry to hear this, @PreRaphaelite. You’re such a nice person. Best wishes to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
It's been 97F all week. I'm not feeling well. Bah humbug. Also, although it is a necessity, we are much more locked down where I live in Canada. I'm having nightmares where I forgot to bring my mask somewhere. So yeah, grumpy and tired.

Get better please! Hope you are comfortable at your home, way too hot for going outside.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big hugs to everyone struggling with The Grumps. It's certainly challenging out there right now.

I am generally not grumpy & do my best to see the good in people. However, this morning I had a minor fallout with my big sister over her trying to justify her middle daughter posting a picture to Fbook last night, inside at a private house, having dinner with 10 other people, mostly her boyfriend's family, but also 3 other girlfriends in the mix. This is strictly prohibited here - we are currently allowed to gather outdoors & from 2 different households only, socially distanced. She got shirty about me asking her if she thought this was acceptable, so launched at me for saying her children are irresponsible when they're not. It WAS irresponsible, but I didn't actually say that. My brother chimed in to back me up. All 3 of her daughters seem to think it's ok to do this now, which is potentially a lot of people from a lot of different households sitting far too closely around a table. My sister is pretty straight laced ordinarily & the salt of the earth, so it has bothered me ALL day today that she defended said daughters against-the-rules behaviour. Said daughter has the biggest heart & would do anything for anyone, but she has also had her boyfriend staying with them week on, week off with his own family, which my sister also defends, so.... ya know?

Don't get me wrong, I would defend my own children to the death, but if what they have done is wrong, then no. Simple. She was super offended that I'd called her daughter out on rule breaking & launched at me, even going so far as to say that I also am irresponsible because I am back at school, mixing, albeit from a safe distance, with many children & other adults. The fact that this is my job & not a social choice seems to have eluded her.

She messaged me earlier about something else & we seem to be ok. I've made my point & i am in the right for once (it's usually her job to be right!) so I am content that I pointed out my issue. Also that my big brother backed me up must have given her food for thought.

So now I am not grumpy anymore & can get on with my weekend with my lovely family in the sunshine.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I’m going to admit to becoming bitter—not grumpy— bc of stay at home. I choose the term bitter bc I find myself becoming envious of those who are flaunting their risky behavior with no regard for society while the rest of us are trapped at home with very few possibilities of going out and socializing with others! So yeah. I have to check myself when I see that I’m becoming bitter and that usually happens when I see social media posts—relatives, friends, celebrities who are carrying on like we are not living in a pandemic! I Will confess that this bitterness compelled me to go on a road trip in June, The window when bars and malls And dine-in restaurants were briefly opened. I figured that there would be no harm and Vegas was calling! Yellowstone has just announced their reopening so I thought why not support the economy! So I threw caution to the wind and had a great time but I came back to two weeks of paranoia, lol. Thankfully bc we wore masks and social distanced, we were all fine. But now that I’m back in prison, I have to keep reminding myself that circumstances have changed and that I can’t got out and about bc the consequence might be a lot
More than paranoia this time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find cycling outside helps a lot with any unhappy feelings.

It allows me to get out of my head and live in the moment. It allows me to work through any anxiety I am feeling and enjoy the fresh sea air safely with my DH. It definitely goes a long way in making each day not only manageable but enjoyable. And on the days it is raining hard or we cannot go cycling for whatever other reason it is still OK because the days we can holds me over.

Being active always helps me manage my stress levels.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results