shape
carat
color
clarity

Which mini-mockup?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm having the hardest time with my five color scheme, and I don't know which direction to go. I love all the colors I've chosen, but I don't know whether to go towards the sage or toward the champagne/chocolate.

Ladies, please tell me which you like best! My fiance likes them both, as do I. I'm open to any opinions and suggestions, so if you don't like any of it, let me know!

Our wedding date: September 29th, 2007. End of summer, beginning of fall. Evening wedding. Oh, and I'll attach a picture of my dress and our locations below!

TIA!

ebreewhichmockup.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oof. I''m sorry I stretched out the page so much.

Below is my dress, our ceremony location (top) and our reception location (bottom). I''ve posted all of these pictures before, but I thought they might be helpful in determining which feel you like the most.

ebreewhichmockup2.JPG

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, that's tough! I like them both. When are you getting married? If spring or summer, I might pick the one on the left. Fall or winter I'd go with the right.

ETA: okay, I see you're getting married in the fall - unless it's an unusually warm location, I'd go with the one on the right.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2007 7:38:38 PM
Author: ImpatientOne
Ooooh, that''s tough! I like them both. When are you getting married? If spring or summer, I might pick the one on the left. Fall or winter I''d go with the right.

ETA: okay, I see you''re getting married in the fall - unless it''s an unusually warm location, I''d go with the one on the right.

Thanks ImpatientOne! We''re getting married in Texas, so it could go either way really. The Farmers Almanac 2007 says the weather will be cold and ''unsettled'' (that''s a whole new box of problems, but thank goodness it forcasts for all of Texas so it might not be ''unsettled in Dallas) but who knows, really. Weather''s tricky!

ETA: I''m also getting married in the evening, if that matters. I''ll change my above post to include that information.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
JMHO, but given it will be evening, I am even more inclined to go with the one on the right!

They''re both gorgeous - you can''t go wrong!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2007 7:48:06 PM
Author: ImpatientOne
JMHO, but given it will be evening, I am even more inclined to go with the one on the right!

They''re both gorgeous - you can''t go wrong!

Thank you! I think that''s where I''m leaning now, too.
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi EBree,

I LOVE the champagne and chocolate....so classic and pretty!! When I see the sage, I think of a spring-time affair...although it is beautiful as well....

But, since we are almost date twins
2.gif
and our wedding(s) are in the fall, I would go with the champagne/ivory/chocolate scheme. I really think its lovely!

ps If I see any pics I will save them for you!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2007 9:23:45 PM
Author: Dani
Hi EBree,

I LOVE the champagne and chocolate....so classic and pretty!! When I see the sage, I think of a spring-time affair...although it is beautiful as well....

But, since we are almost date twins
2.gif
and our wedding(s) are in the fall, I would go with the champagne/ivory/chocolate scheme. I really think its lovely!

ps If I see any pics I will save them for you!

Thanks, almost-date-twin!
9.gif
I really want the green to stand out, but we''re getting married outside so that shouldn''t be too hard. I want really wild, natural looking flowers so I''ll ask my florist to make the centerpieces extra wild. But yeah, I''m liking the chocolate/champagne look too.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I like the combo on the right--very rich, and matches your surroundings

i am going with ivory, champagne, espresso with small touches of muted pink (so i may be partial)

love what you have chosen so far, looks like it is going to be gorgeous!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2007 10:13:45 PM
Author: Jas12
I like the combo on the right--very rich, and matches your surroundings

i am going with ivory, champagne, espresso with small touches of muted pink (so i may be partial)

love what you have chosen so far, looks like it is going to be gorgeous!

Thanks Jas! Now we can share ideas.
9.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
I think both color schemes look beautiful, but like Dani, when I see sage it reminds me of spring- so I''d go with the champagne/chocolate (those are the colors I''m using as well, so I might be a little biased)!
2.gif
9.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I too prefer the one on the right. I like a bit of a contrast with all the natural green around outside. And the browns/champagne feel more elegant to me.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one on the right with champagnes/browns. Very elegant and understated...which will accentuate you in your dress even more. To me, the BM''s and bridal party in general should wear colors that serve to complement the bride and show her off...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I really like the brown/champange for an evening ceremony. It''s more formal. The sage looks more spring gardeny to me.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Date twin!

both gorgeous (and your dress btw, wow!)

but having to pick one i''d go with the one on the right.

the chocolate is so rich looking

msontaratta

Rough_Rock
I love both! But I prefer the choc.brown/champaign color scheme

Was wondering where you found that flower girl dress that is all shades of brown? I love it!!!!!! I have similar colors for my wedding - and hope you would be so kind to tell me who makes it or where you found it.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''ll go against the grain... I prefer the sage green.
2.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I like the brown too. Your dress looks like it is going to be lovely!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, I tried on your dress a couple months ago...it is gorgeous! You are going to look amazing!

E B

Ideal_Rock
kerbear560, FacetFire, monarch, qtiekiki, labbie, msontaratta, anchor, and indecisive (I didn't miss anyone, did I?),

Thank you so much! Your opinions mean a ton to me. The more I think about it, the more I really, really like the choc/champ for an evening wedding. Even with the evening scheme, we'll still have plenty of green (our ceremony and reception sites are covered in it!
9.gif
).

msontaratta,

I found the chocolate/champagne FG dress on ebay. If you look hard enough, ebay has some fantastic finds. I was having such a hard time finding an FG dress that ISN'T all or mostly white, silk, for under $100, but with time I found a bunch of cute ones:

Champagne/Gold FG Dresses

(This one in particular! Gold Toned Shantung Gown)

Little Fairy Dress Gold/Champagne

E B

Ideal_Rock
One more question, I promise (for now
31.gif
). Do you think this linen would be great with the scheme, or too much with the FG dress?

ebreelinen1.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
I could also do something like this (all of these pictures are from bbjlinen.com, my florist''s linen supply company):

ebreelinen2.jpg

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
On the linens,
I like the 2nd one- sparkly (i''m thinking evening wedding, candles etc.)

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Love that second set of linens! It is sparkly...but with class! The first one seems more casual, which is fine...but it has to be what you are going for...

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the one on the right as well!

35.gif

aktotx

Rough_Rock
I like the champagne/chocolate. I think it fits in with your theme and time.

Susan

msontaratta

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I''ll definately check those links out. I really do love that FG dress though - perhaps did you happen to notice the brand or designer of the dress you recieved from ebay?

I hate to be a copycat, but it''s darling and truly matches to a T what I need!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I love the sage one because it is sort of bringin the outdoors inside :) But the champagne one is without question equally lovely and classy. Tough decision!!! Can''t wait to hear what you decide
36.gif

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 3:17:31 PM
Author: EBree
I could also do something like this (all of these pictures are from bbjlinen.com, my florist''s linen supply company):
A teeny bit off track but.............I am in graduate school full time but on the weekends I am a banquet server at a local Hyatt (great money in this line of work and don''t have to rely on tips!!!) and we often use BBJ. Thier stuff is without a doubt fantastic and just plain lovely. I saw this one that was a sheer victorian lilac with sparklies on it and the entire ballroom was fabulous because of it :)

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Dang, girl, make it difficult on us -- they're both great! I think I'd lean toward the sage, though, if it were me, but I don't have any good reasoning for it. Just think I like it a tiny bit more. Either way, you can't lose...
jen
1.gif

eta-- sorry for the late reply! I think the thing that got me was the sage cake -- love that. still, the whole champagne/chocolate thing will be beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results