shape
carat
color
clarity

Which is better in Melbourne,Aust- Paul bram or charles rose

jpwwong

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys - For those people who are familiar with Paul Bram or Charles Rose in Melbourne CBD, Australia

I am tyring to pick an engagement ring from either of these shops. Looking from the outside, charles rose definitely looks the better shop, cleaner place, bigger place and grander. On the other hand Charles Rose looks like a little diamond shop.

I've been quoted for a 1.2ct, G color, SI1 clarity for about $13,000 whilst ive been quoted for 1.15ct, H color, SI2 clarity for $13,500.

I'm confused as to which store to go to. I like Paul Bram because of how the store looks - nicer and cleaner hence must trustable in terms of designing and making the ring? While on the other hand, charles rose has the cheaper price and better quality gem.

Please advise pretty please!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Re: Which is better in Melbourne,Aust- Paul bram or charles

I'm not in Melbourne so I can't comment on these particular shops but I am familiar with how most of the Jewelry stores here in Perth work.

The bigger, fancier, 'nicer' looking stores have the most expensive stones because they need to charge more in order to cover the overhead costs of keeping such a store.

I would buy the better quality stone from the lesser looking store because at the end of the day, you don't wear the store around on your finger.

KWIM?

jpwwong

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the insight.

What is your thoughts on the following statement 'the bigger the store, the better the likelihood they have better jewellers and thus better the outcome of the ring produced', i.e finer craftsmanship and better overall ring

Thanks

jpwwong

Rough_Rock

Hi again all

I would like to post a question about the the lazer inscription on diamonds.

Today i finally found the diamond i want, but also found out that it had 2 lazer inscriptions. It was graded as very good initially by GIA, but changed and recut/regraded as an excellent 3 months later by GIA.

Verified that both the certs were genuine by looking it up online.

Can someone explain why the diamond was recut/regraded?

Can anyone also tell me if there are any dangers of buying this diamond?

Thanks alot!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results