shape
carat
color
clarity

Where would my husband put concert tickets? iLander?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey, iLander, remember your gift for "finding" things? Wanna put it to good use? My husband and I have concert tickets for tonight, which I put on his desk WEEKS ago, which are now ... on French leave, let us say. Wanna guess where they might be? Invitation open to anybody, frankly - if YOU had a pair of valued concert tickets, which were NOT on your desk or night-table, where would you put them? He swears they're not in his computer bag, luggage, or wallet.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Could it be mixed in with files or papers that were on his desk?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've searched everything down to the tax returns. :cry:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I'm not in good form today, feeling icky, so not a strong feeling.

I do get a picture of someone putting them in a jacket pocket, intending to put them in a "safer" place. Then it just stops.

Hope that helps.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
He never wears jackets ... drat. I swear, I've even searched the SHREDDER at this point ....

Thanks for trying, ladies! Anybody else has some insight into how squirrel-brain works, don't hold back!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
maybe a book? I stuck my SS card in a book once and forgot about it.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If it were me, that would be a total possibility ... but he doesn't use bookmarks. ARGH! And it's his favorite band, too, so I'm living in fear that he'll come home, take one look at the desk, and be all, "Duh, I can't believe you didn't spot them - they were right here in/on the ______."

April20

Ideal_Rock
Double check everywhere he swears they're not. Every time my DH swears he didn't put something in "X" place, that's usually where I find it. I find they're memory isn't so great for such things.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hmm...I don't have any good ideas.

but isn't it impossible to live in NY and not wear jackets?

also...did you buy the tickets online? maybe you can re-download and print them? or call the box office and ask, if you have a receipt?

also, if you don't mind asking...what concert is it?

anyway...I hope you find them soon!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to suggest bookmark, too! My husband used my replacement W2 (after the first one disappeared...I also blame him for that) as a bookmark in a rarely used cookbook after I specifically pointed it out to him and said "IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS HERE DO NOT TOUCH." :-o

If you have any Catholic leanings you can pray to Saint Anthony to help you find it. He's the Patron Saint of Lost Things. Good luck!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
April20|1304614130|2913060 said:
Double check everywhere he swears they're not. Every time my DH swears he didn't put something in "X" place, that's usually where I find it. I find they're memory isn't so great for such things.

Heheheh - I would, but he's traveling for business, and was going to fly in basically STRAIGHT to the show. So that makes this even more fun.

slg47 said:
hmm...I don't have any good ideas.

but isn't it impossible to live in NY and not wear jackets?

also...did you buy the tickets online? maybe you can re-download and print them? or call the box office and ask, if you have a receipt?

also, if you don't mind asking...what concert is it?

anyway...I hope you find them soon!

Re: Jackets, I certainly think so, but he's impervious to cold - if it's freezing, he wears a coat, anything above, like, 45, and it's a sweater with no pockets.

We bought the tickets through a seller on StubHub, so we're waiting for him to get back in touch so we can find out if that's an option ... crossing our fingers, since otherwise it's $300 down the drain, and off to the scalpers! It's Rammstein - they haven't toured the US in a decade, so even though we caught their Madison Square Garden show a few months ago, my husband really wanted to see this one too. BAH!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1304611877|2913005 said:
He never wears jackets ... drat. I swear, I've even searched the SHREDDER at this point ....

Thanks for trying, ladies! Anybody else has some insight into how squirrel-brain works, don't hold back!

I'd didn't get a him or her. Black jacket or dark green? Dark color.

Once we looked everywhere for a piece of paper, and it turned out to be on top of the TV. We were staring at it the whole time. All I ever got was "it's in this room" and it drove me crazy for 2 hours. Then I stopped looking, sat down to watch TV, and there it was. In my defense, the TV was high and the paper was above eye level. :rolleyes:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've given up on "safe places" -- lost more stuff in "safe" places than crazy places

Where I usually leave the "really important -- CAN'T lose this" stuff is:

in my bag for school (could he possibly have them in his suitcase or breifcase?)
tucked between 2 books on the bookcase in the living room
under my computer's keyboard
under my mouse pad
tucked under my computer display
behind the coffee grinder
on the microwave
on the wine refrigerator
next to the candlesticks on the dining room table
on the 1/2 wall next to the stairs

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Try the desk drawers. All of them.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
In his wallet? Did you call him and make him check?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Wallet. Under keyboard. Under desk. On any flat surface. Purse. Car. Glove box. Kitchen drawer. Behind computer desk.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Under or down the sides of the sofa.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Does he have a day-planner? My husband puts EVERYTHING in his planner.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ladies, I am checking out EACH and EVERY one of your suggestions. My husband is surprisingly minimalist for somebody who's, well, married to me - his desk doesn't have any drawers, he programs everything into his phone, he carries a money-clip instead of a "clunky" wallet (his term, not mine) - you get the picture. So there's a fairly limited number of places that it could be. At this point, I'm figuring,

1) It's in his suitcase and it'll be discovered when he goes and picks it up on the way to the airport (oh, PLEASE, universe)

2) Some random guest moved it or accidentally packed it or threw it away, and we're screwed

3) It's in some genuinely weird place, deposited in a moment of complete absent-mindedness, which would be okay, if I could just FIND it.

No call back from StubHub as yet. ARGH!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Check inside weird stuff like fridge, microwave, etc. Is there any un-emptied trash to search through? I bet you already did that though from the sound of it. Could they have slipped down behind anything- between desk and wall, under desk in a dark corner, anything like that? And check your own pocketses. If you have a laundry room check there too- I've found all sorts of weird missing things between the washer and the dryer, like my MAC "O" lipstick, $100 bill, etc. Is there a file cabinet that one of you may have decided to file them in? I do that with tickets often.

I'm the master of absent-minded setting down of stuff. Such fun. I totally feel your pain, that's for sure.

Gah. I hope you find them! Rammstein- that would be *such* a fun show!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Look in his e-mail for the link from StubHub. When I download from StubHub, I save the file. You should be able to reprint the tickets, or redownload and reprint.

Also, look inside books, magazines. Our general rule when something goes missing at home---it will be found within arms' reach.

Good luck.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, it looks like it's a moot point, as his flight is now delayed. Well, CRUD.

Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies. Now that the urgency has passed, just watch those tickets magically appear ....

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Circe, I'm not in the least bit superstitious, but even I'm beginning to think that there's some greater power at work here, one that doesn't want you to be at that concert tonight... ;))

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jennifer W|1304632489|2913320 said:
Circe, I'm not in the least bit superstitious, but even I'm beginning to think that there's some greater power at work here, one that doesn't want you to be at that concert tonight... ;))

That is the most positive possible way to think of it, and exactly what I shall choose to do. Now, I'll just need to convince my poor, even-less superstitious husband of the same thing ....

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
I know it is too late now, but does he have a camera? Was not your husband Swedish? Mine is and he has the same music taste as yours, I have found important stuff like passports, etc folded behind my hubs camera. That is the first place I look when he swears that he left it on the table.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1304610260|2912994 said:
Ugh, I'm not in good form today, feeling icky, so not a strong feeling.

I do get a picture of someone putting them in a jacket pocket, intending to put them in a "safer" place. Then it just stops.

Hope that helps.

I'm new to the hangout...tell me more about this gift of yours. Seems handy.

To OP: Ugh, what a bummer. My guess? Your husband packed them and they are in his suitcase.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
amc - There's a thread. I'll find it for you :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1304694265|2913926 said:
amc - There's a thread. I'll find it for you :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results