shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to print photos?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where does everyone go to print their digital photographs?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
shutterfly. i get them when they have specials. i've purchased both the glossy & matte. both are nice, but i prefer the matte finish.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the quality good?

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,
I have used Snapfish for quite some time and FI is a photo nut and says that they are his fave among the various online spots.

However, for our wedding photos (we''re getting DVD of the photos) that we want to print out I am going to be using a local photo lab/camera shop that is open to the public. They let you upload onto a LifePics site, then you order, pay online, and pick them up at the store a few hours later. We are doing this because I want the individual attention at the printing level, for these wedding photos. They run about $0.32 per print versus as low as .12 on Snapfish, so I usually only do it for very special photos or if I''m in a huge rush.
One of the local photographers we interviewed actually uses Lifepics over Pictage (a pro-only site I believe) to upload their shots.

Sorry to ramble, but I guess I would say that if it''s for your wedding photos, try calling local photo labs to see if they offer this service at all.
hth,
Labbie

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I just go down to Walgreens, haha. But they aren''t like wedding photos or anything. Just normal fun digital pictures. My DH has a huge "real" camera, and that''s what we use to take important pictures.

*M*

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I printed our engagement pics at *gasp!* Walmart and they turned out really well. I just didn''t know if there was something out there that is better. I have heard people use both shutterfly and snapfish and like them. Sounds easy to do it all from my laptop
9.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Snapfish is my favorite. It's so easy to put your pictures on there and they do a good job. I get the matte finish and it looks great--and it's cheap!

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
I''ve gotten about 900 pictures from shutterfly and they turned out great. It was easy to upload them too (just select them and drop them into the window area). That was all my pictures from our engagement trip to NYC and our pictures from Korea so far. I bought the prebuy package where it''s only 12 cents a photo as well. They arrived in less than a week after I ordered them too!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I printed our wedding and honeymoon pictures from Shutterfly. Very happy with the quality (I only ordered the matte finish).

njc

Brilliant_Rock
We print ours on an Epson PictureMate... they look awesome! Only downfall is it only prints 4x6, which is nice for every day, but maybe not for wedding photos, at least for the first round.

Dont know if this helps, but one of the local news stations did a comparison of Shutterfly, Snapfish, and Kodak to see which had the best picture book LINK. Shutterfly won hands down.

I used to like Ritz Camera, but since moving away from home have discovered all stores are not created equal. The one close to me now screwed up our honeymoon pics (digital and film) and 4 rolls of film I took at a friends wedding. When I asked them about it, they basicly said I sucked at taking pictures.
20.gif

jackieomy

Rough_Rock
Costco also does prints from digital files. Also, a lot of friends at work have used Costco to make Christmas/Halloween/birth announcement cards, and they look great.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hey tacori:

i usually order my digital prints from either the local CVS or shutterfly. I just used shutterfly to order wedding albums for ourselves, our parents and my grandma after reading this article in slate

best digital prints

they often have specials.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone!!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
oh wow- lots of great info here.
I too had the same question, and didn''t know how to narrow down the choices. Looks like Shuterfly is it!

I also want to create some picture books, but am leaning towards mypublisher.com. I wonder if anyone''s used them? Hmmm I''ll start a new thread!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I have used mpix.com for my wedding related stuff. their quality is top notch, IMO, although I haven''t compared it to shutterfly. The company only prints on Kodak and is a part of a larger company that prints photos for pro photographers... plus their shipping is uber fast. The only problem is uploading pics, they have a limit to how many you can have on their site, but you can download a program , mpix roes, to do large orders.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I second Mpix.com - fantastic quality- and they do "color correction"
we only got the DVD/CD of pics from our photog and I did a proof book off Mpix along w/ some 5x7s, 4X6s etc.

I found it by googling for photo processing site reviews and learned that (according to some professional photog who wrote a whole thing on this issue) that Mpix has the best color reproduction and does best B/W prints- v. professional

Snapfish has better color and skin tone reproduction than shutterfly.

ETA- I have friends who only use shutterfly and ordered some of their amatuer photos from our wedding from them, and my bouquet colors are definitely "off" in the prints- it looks like I have some fluorescent green flowers and they were v. pale green and white. I had amatuer pics printed from snapfish and the colors are much better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results