shape
carat
color
clarity

Where is your "Happiest Place on Earth"?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
For some it is Disneyland, for others the happiest place on earth is at home with loved ones, or in their man-cave (my husband).......My happiest place on earth is a hiking destination to a place called "Top of World". Whenever I feel melancholy I just call up a couple friends and hike there, and my mood immediately shifts. Where is the happiest place on earth for you?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My bed. I love my bed. I love my Purple mattress (although I really had to get used to it in the beginning) and I love my bedsheets and pillows. I especially love it when the sheets are freshly washed and dried and they smell like Downy.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The happiest place on Earth for me is inside a wonderful book ...

If the happiest place on Earth has to be a physical place, then it is being at the Pacific coast.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Disneyland 1994-2002 when an annual pass cost $99, and we practically lived there during the summers. Parents would drop us off at 7am and pick us up after midnight before people started driving. Once people started driving, we'd go to a 24 hour cafe after DL and eat/drink till 4am. Our H.S. band and orchestra were so privileged to have performed there. Loved the atmosphere, music, live performers, fireworks, and food. All-star 80s band on friday nights LOL. Because of the wonderful memories, it's still my happy place. Well, minus the crowds these (pre-covid) days, I just pretend they're not there as people bump into me. :lol: Can't wait to visit Avengers Campus next week!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The beach is my happiest place. One of my favorite areas is Laguna Beach, where we rented a house for a week during summers until my parents bought a boat. My parents were "beach people" and we went to the beach a lot. Then my happiest place became Avalon on Catalina Island, where my summers were spent and my mom took my family after the boating years were over. She'd rent a house every summer for a week in July. It was heaven! My children hold those memories close, especially since my mom died last year. I feel most at home on the water or at the beach. It's in my blood.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@jaysonsmom I have yet to hike that, but a lot of my friends do. We tend to just go sit near Surf & Sand or at Aliso Creek and do the non-exercise thing.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swimming laps, which I haven't enjoyed for over a year. :(sad

Exhilarating and relaxing at the same time, I find it deeply calming, even meditative.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The beach is my happiest place. One of my favorite areas is Laguna Beach, where we rented a house for a week during summers until my parents bought a boat. My parents were "beach people" and we went to the beach a lot. Then my happiest place became Avalon on Catalina Island, where my summers were spent and my mom took my family after the boating years were over. She'd rent a house every summer for a week in July. It was heaven! My children hold those memories close, especially since my mom died last year. I feel most at home on the water or at the beach. It's in my blood.

I instantly thoughtif this song when I read your post!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cycling with my dh by the shore. Happiest place for me. The sound and smell of the sea and all the wildlife around. It brings me peace and joy. ❤️

DEA871FC-00BA-49FC-AF55-E68501043551.jpeg 770DA4CC-344B-4583-B79E-E4626706B6FF.jpeg
A50381ED-98FF-4053-BD60-0F3ECDB266D1.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My bed is right up there :lol: , but aside from that, I'd say the beach, which is an island near Charleston, SC, and that's a wonderful city to visit, as well. Then my other is in a lovely mountain town where my husband's family has a cottage. I can sit on the swing on the covered porch for hours on the cool summer days. I am thankful for these places that we have had for many, many years. We were able to go during Covid since we were property owners, and if we never go on any big trips again, I am very content between home and the mountains and beach. Both are around a 3.5 hour drive.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you always post the most beautiful pictures. :love:

When scrolling up I came upon yours and immediately knew they were yours, even before I scrolled up to your name.

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's impossible for me to choose only one. Where it is depends on what I need at a particular time:

enfolded in my DH's arms;
at the beach;
in the stark grittiness of the desert;
on a mountain meadow beside a stream;
in the meditative atmosphere of my garden.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 Thanks for the smile and even a few tears. The next time I go it will be to scatter my mom, something we just aren't ready to do yet.

They actually snuck in a couple of non-Catalina pics in that video. :lol-2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 Thanks for the smile and even a few tears. The next time I go it will be to scatter my mom, something we just aren't ready to do yet.

They actually snuck in a couple of non-Catalina pics in that video. :lol-2:

It sounds like you have wonderful memories of your mom and Catalina.
(I recognized Hawaii in there.......)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stage is my happy place. I've been a performer for 35 years (dancer) and I'm at my happiest when I'm performing. I'm part of a competitive masters group, and competitions are every bit as exciting, nerve-wracking and fun as there were 30 years ago. Standing on the soccer field watching Mr 8 play, and sitting in the audience watching Miss 5 dance, are not far behind :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sitting in my garden in the hot sunshine, with birds singing & my girls playing together & laughing.

Walking through the fields & woods behind my house, come rain, snow, sleet or shine. The way it changes throughout the year is mesmerising & the birdsong is constant.

Watching the sun set across the sea from the garden of our holiday property in a small village on the north west coast of Cyprus. Preferably when everyone is inside having a shower & i am alone with a cold glass of wine. It's the only peace & quiet i get for every day we are there!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Visiting home, for me.
There is a certain kind of draw...a yearning...that pulls me to Lake Michigan and completely centers me when I'm standing on those shores and walking out on the lighthouse pier.

4375fdf441510fb41b629f05ec418f5fl-m125370156xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely our lakeside cabin in NW Arkansas. Completely secluded, no cars, no noise, quite the opposite of the daily Houston grind. I am going for the summer next week and I can't wait!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results