shape
carat
color
clarity

Where in the US

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
would you go out of these places:
Oregon, Washington, East Coast, or Florida Keys and why?

I know those are limited choices and sort of odd but my FI and I are researching honeymoon locations and are opening it up to US locations. My preferences are coastal and somewhere we''ve never been which is why there aren''t many locations listed, although of course the East Coast is pretty broad.
We''ll probably stay for about a week so I''d like things to do but also the opportunity to relax, go to the beach if warm enough (this would be mid-Sept.), find cute neighborhoods to explore...

Thanks!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
For mid-September I would vote East Coast because Washington and Oregon would be rainy (not that they already aren't a lot of the time). The East Coast, particularly North Carolina has the beautiful mountains to explore and then of course there are some cute little neighborhoods in the mountains as well. If you really have your heart set on Oregon or Washington, I would say go in July or early August to be guaranteed the warmest weather. As for the Florida Keys, I have never been there... but I have been to Florida and I hated it, so I wouldn't be going anywhere near there, haha. Too far south for me, thanks!

*M*

ETA: DH and I live in Virginia by the coast, and it is VERY warm here in September so I know for a fact you would get in some good beach days. I spent most of September on the beach myself, haha. The outerbanks is also lovely, though more touristy, and I am not sure about quaint neighborhoods to visit, as I've never been there. Where we live there aren't that many fun neighborhoods until you get right close to where we are, and then they get all beachy and cute. The rest is mostly city (blah).

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 12:22:13 AM
Author:dixie94
would you go out of these places:
Oregon, Washington, East Coast, or Florida Keys and why?

I know those are limited choices and sort of odd but my FI and I are researching honeymoon locations and are opening it up to US locations. My preferences are coastal and somewhere we''ve never been which is why there aren''t many locations listed, although of course the East Coast is pretty broad.
We''ll probably stay for about a week so I''d like things to do but also the opportunity to relax, go to the beach if warm enough (this would be mid-Sept.), find cute neighborhoods to explore...

Thanks!
what month?? Because I''ve lived in florida, new york, oregon and washington LOL

In june-october or november (don''t recall) there were thunderstorms *daily* in florida... which are kinda cool and gorgeous to watch... and they don''t last too long... usually. Every day they''d start around 11am and it would storm for anywhere between 15 minutes and 4 hours... then it would be gone. We were in orlando though, maybe the keys are different? I''d ask about the weather... I''d hate to plan my trip there during hurricane season.

Oregon and washington are *beautiful* july/august/sept and sometimes partly in june. Between the two I''d go to seattle or vancouver island. The days are very long during those months.... it is just gorgeous. I would NOT go to these places november-may. Oh no nono...

New York would be great in the fall or spring... as would san francisco (SF is best in spring IMO) but if it is in the fall I''d say go up to new hampshire or VT or maine... good grief I''d be pigging out on fresh lobster LOL

Oh geez I''m slow.... I just read mid-sept LOL I''m going to leave this in case it is helpful LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 12:44:03 AM
Author: poptart
For mid-September I would vote East Coast because Washington and Oregon would be rainy (not that they already aren''t a lot of the time).
noooooooo september is NOT a rainy month here... in fact it often is just as beautiful as august... it gets cold in october but the rain doesn''t really come until november... and really its the place to avoid dec-may LOL

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sanibel and Captiva in Florida are supposed to be nice islands, and the shelling there is legendary...not sure about the northwest in Sept.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
My vote would be for Seaside Florida (its on the gulf in the Panhandle).. of course I may be a little biased (getting married there in less than two weeks)

If you are really interested in relaxing, and discovering cute neighborhoods... you cant beat Seaside.. you should check it out...

www.seasidefl.com

And September is when their "season" ends... so you might get a fabulous deal.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
What about Savannah/Tybee Island/Hilton Head area? Beach options with fun city that has a great "feel" to it. For some reason I find Savannah very sultry which is a good thing for a honeymoon :)

Key West definitely has a nice vibe to it too. Very laid back, fun town to explore. Key West doesn''t have much beach. The best beach is at the Reach Resort or there is a public beach not far away. It used to be a Wyndham when I was there in 2002 but it is not now and the reviews are not good...but the beach was great.

Remember Sept is still hurricane season on the east coast.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I''m partial to St Augustine, FL. Here is one of the links. The old town has romantic carriage rides, b&b''s, quaint shops, quiet neighborhoods, and numerous attractions and tours. The beach is nice. There are also several huge outlet malls. There are boating, parasailing, snorkeling. In Sept, it is usually high 80''s to 90''s. When I lived in Jax, on weekends I''d go down to St Augustine probably atleast once a month for several years. There is just so much to do. I miss not getting to go there now. I really need to go again.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i say look into hilton head island or savannah...both beautiful relaxing and good food too

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 7:18:48 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

For mid-September I would vote East Coast because Washington and Oregon would be rainy (not that they already aren''t a lot of the time).

noooooooo september is NOT a rainy month here... in fact it often is just as beautiful as august... it gets cold in october but the rain doesn''t really come until november... and really its the place to avoid dec-may LOL
My mom and I used to go to Oregon every year around that time and it ALWAYS rained. Probably just for the week that we were there and then it was clear the rest of the time I guess.

*M*

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Key West so that would be my choice! It is so laid back and beautiful.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 8:56:34 AM
Author: oshinbreez
I''m partial to St Augustine, FL. Here is one of the links. The old town has romantic carriage rides, b&b''s, quaint shops, quiet neighborhoods, and numerous attractions and tours. The beach is nice. There are also several huge outlet malls. There are boating, parasailing, snorkeling. In Sept, it is usually high 80''s to 90''s. When I lived in Jax, on weekends I''d go down to St Augustine probably atleast once a month for several years. There is just so much to do. I miss not getting to go there now. I really need to go again.
I love love love St. Augustine, too. Lots of history. Anastasia Island State Park has a beautiful beach. It''s the oldest town in America--a fort--has a great ghost tour. Flagler college is there which was a 5 star hotel back in the days of railroad-lots of moorish tile and beautiful grounds-makes for a nice tour. There''s another hotel that was built I think around the 20''s that had a HUGE indoor pool that is now a restaurant--very cool. Several bed and breadfast inns--everything within walking distance. We go every chance we get. I think it is a very romantic town!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if this has been suggested already, but what about Charlestown, SC? I''ve never been but I hear it''s very quaint and a lovely place to visit.

Hmmm...there''s also Martha''s Vineyard or Nantucket, off the coast of Cape Cod. Although it''s very touristy in the summer, I would think the tourist season would have wound down by mid-September.

There''s also the coast of Maine -- gorgeous!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I now have a great list of places to check out!! Thank you so much for your suggestions!!

Poptart, I''ll check out NC. Mountains and cute neighborhoods sound great to me! Would you suggest a particular part of NC?

Cehrabehra, thank you! I will look into Seattle and Vancouver Island. Those were both on my list so it''s good to know they''re highly recommended. Mmmm, I LOVE lobster so those Eastern states sound great right now. Btw, it was all helpful so I''m glad you left the post!

DF, thanks for suggesting the particular islands. I was looking at them and I couldn''t really decide which sounded better to visit. Tacori, do you recommend any particular islands or places to stay?

Jaders, Thanks for the site! I''ve never heard of Seaside and love the idea of a great deal!! Congratulations, you''re almost married!

ID, I had no idea that Key West didn''t have much beach. That is great to know b/c I just assumed it did. Hurricane season, YUCK! I will remember that! I''ll also check out the Savannah area b/c I know nothing about it either. Thanks NYC for that suggestion also. It''s nice to hear when more than one person suggests a location.

Oshinbreez and Justjulia, I''ve been to St. Augustine. I was in Jacksonville for a week and went to St. Augustine. But I agree, it is a great area and would''ve considered if we hadn''t already been there.

Zoe, I''ve never been to SC either so it''s now on the list! I forgot about Martha''s Vineyard and Nantucket. I''m amazed at all the suggestions I never thought of!

I''m excited to check out these different places!!

Thanks so much everyone!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 10:51:40 AM

Date: 3/19/2007 7:18:48 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

My mom and I used to go to Oregon every year around that time and it ALWAYS rained. Probably just for the week that we were there and then it was clear the rest of the time I guess.

*M*
well.... NO time of year is 100% immune LOL But generally things are nice from sometime in june to october...

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Dixie,

I would try the Blue Ridge Mountains. We are planning on going up there for a weekend for our first anniversary. I have been perusing this site... linky

*M*

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dixie, I would recommend going to FL (Gulf Coast) or SC (Hilton Head), primarily because you''re looking at a significant difference in travel time flying to either of those locations rather than the west coast... I was born in Ft. Lauderdale but always vacationed on the Gulf Coast (Destin, Ft. Walton area--Seaside is also pcturesque and a fab vacation spot, as well as Sanibel and Captiva Islands, plus there are so many scenic day trips you can just do by driving down the coast), and DH and I absolutely loved Hilton Head a couple years ago when we went there in Oct. Not warm enough to really swim in the ocean, but definitely romantic--you can rent bicycles, walk along the coast, etc. There is also a ton of history there and so many things to see and do. The Keys I would honestly do as a weekend trip maybe as one short leg of your honeymoon if you so desire...the weather will still be nice enough in Sept. to stay farther north.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love the Cape and the Vineyard and Nantucket, and think that time of year is lovely there!

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
My wife and I were just in Concord, NC and it was beautiful. Concord itself was a cute suburb, and it was close (a few hours driving, read 3) to both the ocean and mountains. Charlotte was fun as was Ashfeld, and Savannah is near at hand.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I''m late to this, but I just wanted to back Cehra up.
9.gif
No time of the year is completely safe from rain, of course, but mid-September is very much summer here in Oregon. The coast can be beautiful in the fall, but keep in mind that when you talk about going to the beach in Oregon there is no time of the year when you are talking about bikinis.
5.gif

MrsBJJr

Rough_Rock
KEY WEST KEY WEST KEY WEST

I go every year at least once. The town is amazing, shopping, dining, unique people. . .history, Ernest Hemingway, gorgeous water, boating, snorkeling. . . . . the little hotels are gorgeous!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 12:40:46 AM
Author: Christa
I''m late to this, but I just wanted to back Cehra up.
9.gif
No time of the year is completely safe from rain, of course, but mid-September is very much summer here in Oregon. The coast can be beautiful in the fall, but keep in mind that when you talk about going to the beach in Oregon there is no time of the year when you are talking about bikinis.
5.gif
there''s a couple hot days in july!!! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results