shape
carat
color
clarity

Where do you call home?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 6:25:18 PM
Author: i_heart_cushions
I was born in Vancouver, British Columbia - lived in Boston, Massachusetts as a child, and now back in Canada in Toronto, Ontario.

This is an interesting topic...nice to get a sense of a connection with other PSers...(although I haven't TOO too many Canadians on here....). This might explain to some of you my 'spelling' with the letter 'u' in certain words....you know, that whole British spelling thing. =) i.e. favoUrite, coloUr. I have to remember to spell things the American way when I do a search or sometimes it won't come up for me!
3.gif
I think there are quite a few Canadians on board..I live about 3 hrs north of Toronto..not too far away! Born, raised and have always lived here,!
emsmile.gif

I visit Toronto quite often, and LOVE living outside of the "big city" (too hectic in Toronto for me), however I do love visiting because of the great shopping/dining and entertainment, that we can't experience here in a community of 150 000 (versus 2 million in Toronto).

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 11:27:10 AM
Author: mimzy
Date: 10/29/2008 6:19:04 PM

Author: Tuckins1

Born on Grosse Ile, MI

Moved to Birmingham MI 21 years ago

Now live in Ferndale, Michigan with my hubby
37.gif

I was raised in Northville, MI but now i live in Trenton, MI. we would have been so close! haha

A lot of my family live downriver... Grosse Ile, Woodhaven, Brownstown, Southgate. I''m down there quite a bit!

i_heart_cushions

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 3:07:19 PM
Author: beau13

Date: 10/29/2008 6:25:18 PM
Author: i_heart_cushions
I was born in Vancouver, British Columbia - lived in Boston, Massachusetts as a child, and now back in Canada in Toronto, Ontario.

This is an interesting topic...nice to get a sense of a connection with other PSers...(although I haven''t TOO too many Canadians on here....). This might explain to some of you my ''spelling'' with the letter ''u'' in certain words....you know, that whole British spelling thing. =) i.e. favoUrite, coloUr. I have to remember to spell things the American way when I do a search or sometimes it won''t come up for me!
3.gif
I think there are quite a few Canadians on board..I live about 3 hrs north of Toronto..not too far away! Born, raised and have always lived here,!
emsmile.gif

I visit Toronto quite often, and LOVE living outside of the ''big city'' (too hectic in Toronto for me), however I do love visiting because of the great shopping/dining and entertainment, that we can''t experience here in a community of 150 000 (versus 2 million in Toronto).
Oh goodie! Glad us Canadians are well represented. =)

I knew you guys were out there somewhere on this site - just haven''t read from too many.

Nice to "meet" you Beau13!

Yeah, I guess it can get hectic in Toronto...but I guess I''m just used to it now! But I do love visiting cottage country in the summers in Muskoka to get away from it all....

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I live right next to the beach in East Devon, UK - its very cold and rainy here at the moment! We spent our honeymoon in New York, Boston, Cape Cod and Portland and can''t wait to come back.

Carrots

Shiny_Rock
Home is wherever he is.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I grew up in Nashville, but then spent several years living in Seattle. When I very first moved there, I kept asking where Mt Ranier was (it was fall and rainy season had started). One day the sky finally cleared and there was Mt Ranier, HUGE and so close seeming it looked as though I could touch it. It hit me then just how much the rain can sock you in there! I moved back south after a few years because I couldn''t stand being a displaced southerner anymore and all my family was in the south. I moved to Atlanta and I love it, but Nashville is still what I call "home".

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I was born in Omaha, NE, but moved to Pittsburgh when I was very young. While it''s a very nice city and my parents still live there, I don''t know that it''s "home" for me ...

I currently live in Fairfield County, Connecticut and we will probably move to the Poughkeepsie area in a year or so to be closer to FI''s work (assuming I get the new job I want). I love the northeast and the NYC area, so I think we''ll be here for a while.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Blackpolkadot--Hello! I was raised in MS but have been in S Louisiana for about 20 years...nice to see someone from the deep south on PS!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
These fellows live in the swamp by my house. There are two that stay by the bank most days. Unfortunately, my children are so accustomed to their presence that they are not afraid of them. We have a fence that borders most of the water, but I have to constantly be aware of where my children are when we are in the yard!

gator 2.jpg

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
One more...............

gator friend 1.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 1:36:05 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Born in Aurora, Il.. lived in Seattle, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Bremerton, Silverdale, Lake Stevens, and Arlington, Washington.. (where I still have my ex house with my exhusb) but.. I also lived in North Chicago (yay, military housing!) and here in San Diego..

I''m not quite sure where home is either.. most of my family is still in Washington.. I love San Diego but Lake Stevens was beautiful and has the most fond memories for me.
Hey SDL,

I was born in Aurora, IL, too! Conceived in Houston, born in Aurora (while my Dad was working there for six months) and came back to Grand Prairie, TX when I was 2 1/2 months old. Moved back to Houston a few months later.

Married my DH and we moved to Katy, TX....35 miles due West from Houston. This is home.

Lori

beau13

Ideal_Rock
OMG Kellyfish..I would be HORRIFIED to have those creatures lurking so close by (near MY kids). WOW..they aren''t afraid of them? I''d be VERY afraid. That''s a whole different lifestyle out there I guess!!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I was born in Elmhurst IL, but then we moved to MI. I call home Beverly Hills MI. I live in East Lansing now though and I love it!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Sydney, Australia
1.gif

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Adelaide, Australia

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2008 8:41:33 PM
Author: beau13
OMG Kellyfish..I would be HORRIFIED to have those creatures lurking so close by (near MY kids). WOW..they aren''t afraid of them? I''d be VERY afraid. That''s a whole different lifestyle out there I guess!!
I used to be really scared of them myself, but I am horrified that one of my toddlers will wander over there (sneak out of the house, etc.) I try to be vigilant, but it is always in the back of my mind. About a month ago i was folding clothes and realized that my house was VERY QUIET. My back door was open and my toddlers were heading down the driveway--my 2yo had a fishing pole. They were going t the water to fish
emcrook.gif
I wish that the entire area could be fenced-off, but there is a road that prevents it. Of course, we NEVER would feed them, yet we do walk to the water and play the "can you find the alligator game" most every day (from a distance).

Oh, I just remembered, I have a pic of a raccoon coming through our cat door in our utility room to eat cat food. I''ll have to find it......yes, us country folks have to get our entertainment from somewhere.....

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the little rascal who was the reason the cat food kept disappearing so quickly from our utility room. We live outside N Orleans next to the bayou/swamp, so we have lots of creatures around our house.

raccoon2.jpg

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
Born in New Jersey
Then moved to suburb of Phila. right on the delaware river
Lived in Pittsburgh for 6 years of college
Currently live in Maryland, right outside of DC

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
i''m originally from Kansas City. lived in Chicago for a little over 5 years and recently relocated to Los Angeles. woo hoo, no more harsh winters!!!

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Happy to see so many OC gals here! I''m in Irvine. Wish I was a bit closer to the ocean (as if 10 miles is far...) but I get to live right up against the hills where I can hike as much as I''d like.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 12:48:34 AM
Author: amber_312
i''m originally from Kansas City. lived in Chicago for a little over 5 years and recently relocated to Los Angeles. woo hoo, no more harsh winters!!!

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
Out of curiosity, which side of Kansas City, MO or KS?
1.gif

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 1:09:54 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Date: 11/7/2008 12:48:34 AM

Author: amber_312

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Out of curiosity, which side of Kansas City, MO or KS?
1.gif

both actually! born in kcmo, went to college in ks and moved around the city in between. =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results