shape
carat
color
clarity

when do I send thank you''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
This may be a silly question so forgive me, but when do FI and I send out thank you cards.
Our wedding is in July and we just put our registry up - and people are already buying things! we can see who bought what too.

When do I send thank you''s
1) now
2) after the wedding?

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
If they have actually sent you the gift then right away. If it is just that you can see through the registry, I would hold off until you have actually received it in hand.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You''ll send thank you''s out after the bridal shower for any gifts you receive then (don''t send them now! You''re not supposed to be looking at the registry). You''ll also send thank you''s out for whatever wedding gifts you receive.

I''ve created an excel spreadsheet with all the addresses for the invitations when it''s time to send them out, and I have boxes to check off for when the invite is addressed, returned yes or no, and thank you''s sent. It helps to have all the addresses in one spot, and my future SIL told me to pencil a small number on each response card in a back corner so that I can find the guest easily on the list when the response comes back.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 10:31:43 AM
Author:iloveprincesscuts
This may be a silly question so forgive me, but when do FI and I send out thank you cards.
Our wedding is in July and we just put our registry up - and people are already buying things! we can see who bought what too.

When do I send thank you''s
1) now
2) after the wedding?
It must be about that time, because we''ve had a few threads asking this lately?

Send the thank-you cards within 2 weeks of receiving the gift (not NOW, you have to wait until it''s actually in your hands), regardless of whether the wedding has happened yet or not.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Yes, send them as soon as you receive each gift! Makes it easier to keep track of them that way, too!

But don''t make the mistake I made:

"Dear Aunt B,

Thank you so much for the lovely vase you gave us for our wedding. It will look perfect in our living room! We look forward to seeing you in June.

Love, TheBigT"

Because you might get a response like I did:

"Dear TheBigT,

The vase was for your engagement, not your wedding.

Love,
Aunt B"

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
HA HA! that was funny TheBigT
Thank you everyone! you know whats funny, i didn''t realize you are not supposed to watch the registry and see who buys what!?
IM ALL OVER IT!> LoL
i can''t help myself
31.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think you can see who buys what, just that something was purchased. At least not on my registries. What places tell you who bought the gift??? That is some sneaky technology going on!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 9:14:45 PM
Author: Blair138
I don't think you can see who buys what, just that something was purchased. At least not on my registries. What places tell you who bought the gift??? That is some sneaky technology going on!
Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma both do (same parent company), I can't speak for any others. I know that Crate and Barrel doesn't, or didn't at the time that we got married (last fall).

The technology isn't sneaky - people purchase through the registry splash page, and they keep track of the purchasers' info in what they call a "Thank-You Note Manager". It's actually extremely useful, because some people didn't include a card with the gift so we didn't know who bought/sent it. The Manager lists everything, so we could find who purchased the ________ and send them a thank you card to the address that they listed for billing purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results