shape
carat
color
clarity

when did it hit your guy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
ok so we were talking last night at like 120 and i was like babe you do know that were gonna be engaged this time next year right? (weve been talking about for a long time and have come to the decision that we would get engaged next spring/summer) and he was like wait your right...becasue if we wanna get married in two years were gonna be engaged before that!...yea he may not be the brightest crayon in the box but its ok i never liked bright colors anyway.....and since last night hes like a new man casue it hit him...hes so exited and ive never seen him like this....

so how did your guys react when they realized that "hey ima marry her"....

by tehe way i love him hes so cute each day is better than the next!

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
I am pretty sure it hit him when i told him he had to propose in 6 months LOL.

his reaction was, thats doable

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
He claims he knew almost right away, but that it hit him with certainty about 2 or 3 months after we started dating (and a couple of years after we met). He was visiting his folks in Europe and I was away traveling on the other end of the world. I guess he was kind of mooning about the house and pining for me and his dad was all "Alright, son, what are your intentions toward this lady friend of yours that you keep sighing over?" And M said "I'm going to marry her. She's the one for me." Then when he got back to the US he started an account to save for my ring.

And started keeping his house cleaner to prove to me he wasn't a hopeless bachelor.
1.gif

Now he tells folks that I'm his future wife. Awww. Shweet. And I keep saying 'STOOOP! You'll ruin all the suspense!" But it's a little late for that.

4.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2007 6:32:59 PM
Author: Independent Gal
He claims he knew almost right away, but that it hit him with certainty about 2 or 3 months after we started dating (and a couple of years after we met). He was visiting his folks in Europe and I was away traveling on the other end of the world. I guess he was kind of mooning about the house and pining for me and his dad was all ''Alright, son, what are your intentions toward this lady friend of yours that you keep sighing over?'' And M said ''I''m going to marry her. She''s the one for me.'' Then when he got back to the US he started an account to save for my ring.

And started keeping his house cleaner to prove to me he wasn''t a hopeless bachelor.
1.gif

Now he tells everyone I''m his future wife. Awww. Shweet. And I keep saying ''STOOOP! You''ll ruin all the suspense!'' But it''s a little late for that.

4.gif
SUCH a cute story, Independent Gal!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
lol he calls me that too...
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2007 6:26:01 PM
Author: Gwyn
I am pretty sure it hit him when i told him he had to propose in 6 months LOL.

his reaction was, thats doable
Hey, our guys sound eerily alike!
9.gif
Except in my case, I told him he had 1 year. Hehe. He replied with the same kind of plain, non-flowery answer.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
at least none of our guys got scared and ran after you guys gave him a time limit...how long have you been with him before you guys told him? weve been together 5 years and like 2 months so i think its fine to be expecting something big and sparkly by next summer..(im 20 hes 22 so the age is fine too)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/23/2007 10:36:22 AM
Author: emilina22
at least none of our guys got scared and ran after you guys gave him a time limit...how long have you been with him before you guys told him? weve been together 5 years and like 2 months so i think its fine to be expecting something big and sparkly by next summer..(im 20 hes 22 so the age is fine too)
I was 26 and he was 30 when I told him he had one year. We had already been together 3 years.

You and your BF are very young, but some people luck out and know early on! Good luck!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
In 2004 my guy was supervising this project and it just hit him how much he wanted to marry me. That day, at lunch he spent the day writing out all the things he wanted to say when he asked me. In any case when our anniversary came along, I HAD a really weird feeling that he was going to proposed, but I REALLY was not ready. I hadn''t gotten into med school and I was really depressed. And the LAST thing I wanted to do was get engaged. In any case, I had my brother call my guy and ask him point blank if he was going to propose and he said yes. In any case, I got my brother to tell my guy NOT to do it because I was going to say NO.

A year later all of my career plans were in place, and I was in a better state of mind to get engaged. So we picked out a ring together (ok. No...I picked out the ring I WANTED) and we got engaged. I wish that it could have happened that when he was ready, I was ready, because it would have a made a wonderful surprise, but it just didn''t happen that way.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i know were young but i always knew i wanted to be married young ever since i was little i knew i didnt want to date alot of guys i wanted to find "the one" and get married by the time id be 22 and it happend that god heard by prayer and blessed me with an amazing guy and weve been together for 5 years and we know were not rushing into it.... people who arent within our culture look at us as if were crazy for wanting to be married young but in the romanian culture there are girls who are 18 and 19 who are getting married its just something that happens...i didnt want to get married that young i want to finish college and i want him to work and i want us to be able to buy a house right away...weve been saving for a long time in order to have the life we want and even if were young we have our heads on straight and know that were in this forever were not just another highschool romance that is forced to stay together for what ever reason.....

i think it was cute tho how it hit him friday night that hey were getting married....its nice to hear a guy talk about that rather then it always being me
36.gif
9.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
oh and im 20 now ill be 22 and hell be 24 when we get engaged...sorry i realize i didnt make myself too clear....

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think there was just one moment where we looked at one another and realized the other was "the one". We both just knew. It really was almost automatic. We met initially at a Starbucks and exchanged emails and corresponded for awhile. So we knew each other pretty well by the time we got around to having our first date (nearly 8 months later!). Our relationship has just felt "right" since we took things to the next level and the feeling of wanting to spend the rest of our lives with each other has just grown each day since then.

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 11:23:43 AM
Author: KristyDarling

Date: 4/23/2007 10:36:22 AM
Author: emilina22
I was 26 and he was 30 when I told him he had one year. We had already been together 3 years.

You and your BF are very young, but some people luck out and know early on! Good luck!
After about a year after we started dating he asked me to move across the country with thim. I told him I would as long as he knew I was "the one" We then decided that he would propose before our lease (1yr) neeed to be renewed (i think dating someone a year and living with them another year is enough time. Right around new years I reminded him that he had about 6 months left LOL

I am 25 he is 30. I think he was 29 when we had our first discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results