shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s the typical and simple engraving letters?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snufkin

Rough_Rock
I am ordering my engagement ring soon, but I have no idea what's the typical engraving phrase is like... If her name is - say Gwyneth D. Paltrow - and if my name is Ben Affleck, what would the simplest engraving be like? She is not the kind of person who likes "I LOVE YOU FOREVER" on the ring.
Thanks much!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the forum Snufkin :)

Have you seen these engravings from medieval:

Pretty romantic.[/u][/u][/u]

GiGi

Rough_Rock
Leonid you are so cool!!!:wavey: :appl:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks GiGi :)

Actually the name for this forum "Vous Et Nul Autre" came from one of those French medieval engravings.

Roz

Rough_Rock
I''m from the UK so to put this in context my grandparents were engaged in 1946, only a year after the end of the war and so there wasn''t much of anything about - I think she delayed having an engagement ring and had a bracelet as a temporary engagement present (rings demanded a premium as you imagine when the army, navy and RAF returned from active duty lots of people wanted to ceize the day and get married).

So anyway I am getting off the point here, she had the inside of her wedding band engraved with both of their initials (excluding surname inital) and the date of their marriage, which I think is a lovely idea, not too lovely dovey but completely unique to them... and not to mention it could serve as a useful reminder if you can''t remember the anniversary
19.gif

I think the advice is too late for you Snufkin but maybe it''s something someone else might consider :)

mjboone13

Rough_Rock
snufkin....

I am actually going through my head right now the options for engraving on the engagement ring i am getting. It is a very personal thing, so i will only try and explain thoughts.

For my girlfriend, i had thought of the initials, but wanted to be a little different. So i started to think about nicknames or one word that means a lot to us.

SO FAR, the best one i came up with is, "Sposarme" which translates to "marry me" in Italian. We started dating when we were both living in italy and it is still special to us. So that is my thoughts for my ring.

I suggest just think about you and her and what she would like.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 9:54:50 AM
Author: mjboone13
snufkin....

I am actually going through my head right now the options for engraving on the engagement ring i am getting. It is a very personal thing, so i will only try and explain thoughts.

For my girlfriend, i had thought of the initials, but wanted to be a little different. So i started to think about nicknames or one word that means a lot to us.

SO FAR, the best one i came up with is, ''Sposarme'' which translates to ''marry me'' in Italian. We started dating when we were both living in italy and it is still special to us. So that is my thoughts for my ring.

I suggest just think about you and her and what she would like.
OOOH I really like the "sposarme" idea!!! I hope my boyfriend can come with something as romantic! (I have also spent a lot of time in Italy, but he hasn''t, so I doubt anything like that would occur to him though...)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results