shape
carat
color
clarity

what to see in NY And DC

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are on the road-so what places are worth seeing in addition to the most visited sites. Do you have any suggestions?

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
In NY:
The Morgan Library and Museum - free on friday evenings if I remember correctly.
Hispanic Society of America - it's a nice museum in Harlem - free.
Grand Central Terminal.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
In and around DC:

You can pick up tickets to a Nationals ballgame at the box office a few hours before the start time for $5 or $10 and it's a really beautiful stadium.

Mount Vernon is worth leaving the city for.

The National Harbor is pretty, great for lunch, and a gaze around the Gaylord Hotel there. I think they have a pretty extensive Farmer's Market on Saturdays.

There are several (like probably 30) wineries within an hour/40 mile drive of DC headed west- really beautiful country out there, views, antiques, historic villages, the Appalachain Trail.

And of course the Smithsonians! The American History has just re-opened recently, Air and Space has an IMAX theater, and Natural History has a live butterfly garden and... THE GEMS AND MINERALS! These all close earlier than you'd expect, so double check before planning your day.

Travel safe and have fun!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Van Cleef exhibit at the Cooper-Hewitt Museum (91st & 5th) is well worth seeing - it's there through July 4.
Graff's and Leviev's windows are a must-see (They're at 61st & 62nd & Madison).

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The Hope DIAMOND!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Saw the Hope diamond and wasn't at all impressed You would think tht they would light it so it would sparkle like mad-but not so much.

Couldn't get to Mt. Vernon, we ran out of time. we are just heading into NY now.

I hope to see the Van Cleef exhibit.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The VCA exhibit, yes! And sneak pictures and come back and give a full report!

I always tell people, as tourist-y as it sounds, go to the top of the Empire State Building. There's nothing else like it, it's something everybody should experience.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
It's fun to just walk through Central Park, I think there's an iPhone app with a map. You can go down to the ball fields, or the Lennon memorial, or the mall (which is really pretty with trees, not stores). Just follow the winding paths and it really is quite remarkable and beautiful.

Don't forget 47th Street! The diamond capital of the world!

What area of NYC are you in? People can give you more specific info.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you like fashion as well as diamonds, there's an awesome Alexander McQueen exhibition at the Met (budget some time for this, the lines are unbelievable).

Shakespeare in the Park is on: if you feel like spending a few hours to get tickets (or like paying a scalper, or gambling that there will be a few available if you show up at the last minute), "All's Well that Ends Well" and "Measure for Measure" are currently playing. Their calender: http://shakespeareinthepark.org/the-plays/calendar/

Happy to make more specific suggestions if you say what sorts of things you'd most like to see ....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results