shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do after proposal?

latte_espresso

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hi all - I've been MIA for a bit, been caught up with work and trying to plan the proposal.

So, what are the general plans after a proposal? I'm speaking, the day of, and the day after.

So far, I've planned a surprise party with a close group of friends right after the engagement, and then the plan would be to take her out to a nice fancy restaurant, followed by a stay in a nearby hotel.

Then on the day after, I was planning to through a surprise brunch with both of our families. And i'm not quite sure what to do shortly afterwards. Is this not enough? Is this just right? Is this too much?

I may be overstressing, but this is an important day for her, so I want to make sure I get it right. Thoughts? What happened on your engagement day?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A shut in a la John and Yoko.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My proposal was a personal event, done in the privacy of our own home. I posted on facebook though.
We didn't go out to celebrate, I think I had some sparkling wine (DF is teetotal).
We are pretty low key kind of people.

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
After the proposal, he and his kids got in his car, and me and my kids got in my car. He drove 2-1/2 hours east and I drove 2-1/2 hours west. The kids and I went through a drive through for dinner while on the road. I saw him again the following weekend. :lol-2:

Yes, we were in a long distance relationship. There wasn’t a big fancy proposal or any celebration with friends and family. And we were good with that.

Now, that said, I think what you have planned sounds absolutely amazing! I think she will be beyond thrilled that you have gone through so much care and effort to make this a momentous occasion for you both!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were sitting in the car after we’d been out, and he said the reason he’d been looking at houses was that he wanted to me to live with him. I asked him what as, and he replied whatever I wanted :lol:

No engagement, no party, we bought a house and got married.

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
I think this is perfect! It sounds like family and friends are important to her, so it's amazing that you're able to include both of those groups in the surprise! Just make sure you remember to enjoy the moment!

I think your idea is perfect don't really have to add more to it and don't overstress about it.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all - I've been MIA for a bit, been caught up with work and trying to plan the proposal.

So, what are the general plans after a proposal? I'm speaking, the day of, and the day after.

So far, I've planned a surprise party with a close group of friends right after the engagement, and then the plan would be to take her out to a nice fancy restaurant, followed by a stay in a nearby hotel.

Then on the day after, I was planning to through a surprise brunch with both of our families. And i'm not quite sure what to do shortly afterwards. Is this not enough? Is this just right? Is this too much?

I may be overstressing, but this is an important day for her, so I want to make sure I get it right. Thoughts? What happened on your engagement day?

Manicure?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Photographer?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results