shape
carat
color
clarity

What one thing are you most looking forward to this year?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are you anticipating with delicious excitement?

calvinandhobbesanticipation.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My camper van!

Meeting up with the firm carrying out the custom conversion next week to finalise the spec. etc....

Hopefully I shall be able to go camping with the dog again soon!

DK :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My camper van!

Meeting up with the firm carrying out the custom conversion next week to finalise the spec. etc....

Hopefully I shall be able to go camping with the dog again soon!

DK :bigsmile:

Haha I could have guessed that @dk168 and that is sweet! Especially because the dog is coming along with you. :appl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our first adult family trip with my parents and sister/BIL without any kids. We don't live near each other and try to visit once a year at someone's house. This time we are all hopping on a plane to meet in Nashville for a week. I'm an Elvis fan so we are seeing Graceland too, but it's also a reconnaissance trip for a possible move. We're going in August to see if we can stand the heat and humidity. I am so tired of snow and cold in winter.

@dk168 your van is so exciting!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our first adult family trip with my parents and sister/BIL without any kids. We don't live near each other and try to visit once a year at someone's house. This time we are all hopping on a plane to meet in Nashville for a week. I'm an Elvis fan so we are seeing Graceland too, but it's also a reconnaissance trip for a possible move. We're going in August to see if we can stand the heat and humidity. I am so tired of snow and cold in winter.

@dk168 your van is so exciting!

Sounds wonderful @redwood66 and a nice way to enjoy a family reunion with lots of activities planned. We went to Graceland years ago and it was a lot of fun and we saw all the sights. Went in December so it was a bit more temperate then but I think you will be OK with the heat and humidity. Just dress cool. And good luck evaluating it for a possible move. I haven't been there for a long time so I cannot comment but when I did visit all those decades ago I found it very different in attitude than the NE. Enjoy.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 - it snows in Nashville too, doesn't it? My son's guitar teacher moved there to play and perform and he came home at Christmas time and complained how cold it was there.... Having said that he moved from a semi tropical climate.

When one of your US warships came into dock here the troops were all going swimming in the ocean in the middle of our winter. We thought they were batshi# crazy and they were all like no where where come from this is warm....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 - it snows in Nashville too, doesn't it? My son's guitar teacher moved there to play and perform and he came home at Christmas time and complained how cold it was there.... Having said that he moved from a semi tropical climate.

When one of your US warships came into dock here the troops were all going swimming in the ocean in the middle of our winter. We thought they were batshi# crazy and they were all like no where where come from this is warm....

LOL it is all relative isn't it?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking forward to sorting things out with the cats and hopefully finding Oliver a good playmate. And just figuring some issues out that have popped up. And of course looking forward to cycling again. That was my DH's answer to this question.

To choose just one it would be looking forward to is just figuring some issues out and having peace. I long for peace and calm and just lightness. If that makes sense.

Boring yes but there you have it. I am looking forward to some peace and calm.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It can snow in Tennessee but not like where I am in Idaho since I'm not far from the border with Canada. :bigsmile: They never get feet of snow that stays for months.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - yes it is all relative!!! I think you need a Sphynx for Oliver to play with!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - yes it is all relative!!! I think you need a Sphynx for Oliver to play with!!!

Ohhh emmmm geee I would so love that ! I love Sphynx cats so much ♥
And IIRC your Sphynx cats are gorgeous ♥

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 - when I was 18 I was an exchange student to Michigan, I just about froze my butt off!!! I don't like extremes of weather hot or cold, but I prefer the heat to the cold.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh emmmm geee I would so love that ! I love Sphynx cats so much ♥

It's like owning a cat crossed with a dog, a monkey and a small child!!!! It would give Oliver a run for it!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's like owning a cat crossed with a dog, a monkey and a small child!!!! It would give Oliver a run for it!!!

Omg even better❤️. @arkieb1 i want one (or two or three or...):lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds wonderful @redwood66 and a nice way to enjoy a family reunion with lots of activities planned. We went to Graceland years ago and it was a lot of fun and we saw all the sights. Went in December so it was a bit more temperate then but I think you will be OK with the heat and humidity. Just dress cool. And good luck evaluating it for a possible move. I haven't been there for a long time so I cannot comment but when I did visit all those decades ago I found it very different in attitude than the NE. Enjoy.

I'm pretty excited. My BIL has a band but he wants to get in on the open mic at the Bluebird Cafe which I guess is a big deal. Not sure if he'll be able to do it. I haven't been to the south in decades so it will be different but hopefully helpful in our search. DH has arthritis in his hands and the cold is making it worse every winter.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just paid off my car loan yesterday,
So having a little bit more in the bank will be nice this year.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I'll never be bored with peace. The shape of clouds at sunrise and sunset is news enough for me. I have a few rounds of news to make, for better or worse, wishing for the day after!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll never be bored with peace. The shape of clouds at sunrise and sunset is news enough for me. I have a few rounds of news to make, for better or worse, wishing for the day after!

Girl, we’re on the same page. ♥️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh super excited for you @TheGarnetGirl !!! Sending lots of baby dust your way. (((Hugs)))

Awww thank you!!!! We havent started yet but are getting lots of practice lol! We plan to start trying later this year in the fall but its very much the one thing im so excited about! Ive always known that Ive wanted to be a mother to multiple children and just love being pregnant and being in that first few months baby bubble. Its the most difficult journey but so special and something I hold in the highest regard. Thank you for your sweet comments!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Also @missy it sounds like you might be adopting a baby of your own of the feline variety? :appl: If I interpreted the word "playmate" correctly unless you have awesome friends that bring their cats to your house for dates haha

& I'm sending peace dust your way girl! I hope this year can be the calm after the storm. May you enjoy all of the comfort and love in your life!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also @missy it sounds like you might be adopting a baby of your own of the feline variety? :appl: If I interpreted the word "playmate" correctly unless you have awesome friends that bring their cats to your house for dates haha

& I'm sending peace dust your way girl! I hope this year can be the calm after the storm. May you enjoy all of the comfort and love in your life!

Thank you so much @TheGarnetGirl ♥️ That means a lot to me!
And yes. A baby of the feline variety lol. Maybe. :halo:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
My son transitioning back into school which I guess is exciting and anxiety provoking at the same time. Having some breathing space and time for myself on a regular basis will be an absolute godsend! Pray it works out! :pray:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My eldest daughter's wedding. Unfortunately, her fiance got laid off, so that's a concern. As is their planned honeymoon in Italy. We're all wondering if that needs to be re-evaluated. We have our dresses at the seamstress, can't wait to see how they all turn out.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been sworn to secrecy but it involves me getting my 3.2ct N VS2 OMC ring sized down and my son taking it on a trip overseas next month with his wonderful girlfriend.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am with you! I just want some peace and maybe boredom, and I hope you find yours this year too! It’s been a road for us both. ♥️
I look forward to seeing an end to dr appts and being finished with the health issues that began two years ago this April.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, figuring out a few things and gaining some internal peace and calm seem like reasonable goals at this point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results