shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
This may not be sophisticated but I love National Lampoon''s Christmas Vacation. I''m watching it tonight....Cousin Eddie is hilarious!!!!
36.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so hard to choose one because I LOVE holiday movies.

Can I rank my top five? Oh, good!

1. A Christmas Story
2. Elf
3. Gremlins
4. Love Actually
5. The Family Stone

I actually spend Christmas Eve and day watching A Christmas Story on TBS. I love that 24 hour marathon!

I''d put Bad Santa on the list too if it didn''t feel so dirty.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
It''s a Wonderful Life!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Not necessarily a Christmas movie but I watch it each year around that time. "Marty" (Ernest Borgnine) - old, old movie. Warm, cute, great values. Anyone?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are so many that I like, but my favorite is "A Christmas Story." I''ve made my family sit through many, many showings of it on TBS every Christmas Eve. I''ve scaled back, so now I only watch it once. That reminds me, a few years ago my dad got me a leg lamp night light in honor of the movie. "Frag-ee-lay, it must be Italian!"
9.gif

Other Christmas movies I like are:

The Bells of St. Mary''s
Christmas in Connecticut
Christmas Vacation (I haven''t watched it in years, but I know I really liked it)
made for TV movies that are on TBS and the Hallmark Channel.
Love Actually
Elf

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 7:12:36 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
There are so many that I like, but my favorite is ''A Christmas Story.'' I''ve made my family sit through many, many showings of it on TBS every Christmas Eve. I''ve scaled back, so now I only watch it once. That reminds me, a few years ago my dad got me a leg lamp night light in honor of the movie. ''Frag-ee-lay, it must be Italian!''
9.gif
I have the leg lamp night light too!!!! My mom gave it to us at one of our wedding showers as an early housewarming gift! I LOVE it!
I also had a pink bunny hoodie that my sister gave to me, but I donated it because I hadn''t worn it in years. I do sorta wish I kept it, though. It had the movie logo on the back, but even so people didn''t really get it whenever I actually wore it out.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s funny Haven! Now that you mention it, I think I remember us having a similar conversation about our leg lamps last year.
1.gif

They actually made a sequel to the movie, called "My Summer Story" (aka It Runs in the Family). Most of the actors were replaces with others in the same roles. I saw it a long time ago but did''t like it very much.

Abril

Shiny_Rock
A kids'' cartoon, the one with Heat Miser and Cold Miser.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christmas Vacation - hands down. I laugh everytime I watch it and never feel like I''m watching the same thing over and over. Typically, I don''t like to watch a movie more than once but this is a definite exception. Hilarious!!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
A Christmas Story! Love that 24 hour TBS marathon too!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just bought Elf last week-it''s just so cute! I LOVE Charlie Brown Christmas. JD and I both grew up watching the Snoopy specials every year so we bought them for the kids. When I hear the music from it on the radio it just screams Christmas to me...and the music that plays when they''re dancing on stage in particular makes me grin like an idiot-just makes me happy thinking of Snoopy dancing!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love Home Alone. When I was a freshman in HS I remember that movie coming out. Ugh!!!!! heheee I also love Home Alone 2. I have the soundtracks too!

A Christmas Carol. When I was a young I remember being moved by this movie and the outcome.

I loved loved loved as a child the tv classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, A Year W/out Santa Clause and the others they played on CBS year after year.

9.gif

Miracle on 24th Street, White Christmas w/ Bing Crosby, A Christmas Story, Elf , Holiday Inn.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
All the kids old Christmas specials (Frosty, Rudolph, Santa, etc.) because they remind me of my childhood and my kids watched them too...good memories.

And my favorite holiday movie is "While You Were Sleeping" - I love Sandra Bullock in that role!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh I forgot all about poor Rudolph! We have that one too..and the Grinch. JD used to walk around singing "You''re a mean one..Missi Grinch" Grrrrr.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Elf! Love that movie...we just watched it as a family last weekend and then I made spaghetti and Andrew asked if he could try syrup on his to see if it was really good like the Elf said...haha!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 6:51:43 PM
Author:fsu1227
This may not be sophisticated but I love National Lampoon''s Christmas Vacation. I''m watching it tonight....Cousin Eddie is hilarious!!!!
36.gif
White Christmas! I do love National Lampoon''s Christmas Vacation as well.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooooh, I love Christmas movies too! My top 3 are: White Christmas, It''s a Wonderful Life, and Elf. Probably because I get all teary-eyed at the end of each.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I love The Night They Saved Christmas, with Jaclyn Smith.
Also, Muppet Christmas Carol, Grinch, Home Alone, Garfield Christmas (though I can never find it anymore), Charlie Brown, and the Santa Clause movies with Tim Allen.

ETA: Oops, forgot Polar Express with Tom Hanks

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
I logged in thinking I had a quick reply, then I read everyone else''s answers! You''ve all reminded me of so many favorites.

In no particular order:

Love Actually (well, maybe that on WAS in a particular order
9.gif
)
White Christmas
Christmas in Connecticut
It''s a Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th St
Elf (but really only because I LOVE Zooey Deschenel''s (sp?) singing voice)
Charlie Brown Christmas
Emmet Otter''s Jugband Christmas (it was the first VHS I ever saw on our own VCR in 1984/85)

I need to stop typing because I keep thinking of more. At a certain number, I think my list loses credence as "favorites" and just becomes a list of Christmas movies!

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 7:00:39 PM
Author: Haven
It''s so hard to choose one because I LOVE holiday movies.

Can I rank my top five? Oh, good!

1. A Christmas Story

2. Elf

3. Gremlins

4. Love Actually

5. The Family Stone

I actually spend Christmas Eve and day watching A Christmas Story on TBS. I love that 24 hour marathon!

I''d put Bad Santa on the list too if it didn''t feel so dirty.

Haven,
A girl after my own heart..I heart Love Actually.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
White Christmas
The Santa Clause
Miracle on 34th Street
Home Alone

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Home Alone and Scrooged (w/ Bill Murray) - Hands down!
36.gif

I watch these two movies every single year around Christmas

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
It''s a Wonderful Life is by far my most favorite Christmas movie. And it has to be the black and white one. I never miss it and look forward to it each year.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 7:28:16 PM
Author: Abril
A kids'' cartoon, the one with Heat Miser and Cold Miser.
The Year without Santa Claus
9.gif

I''m a fan of the Christmas cartoons too. My brothers got me a DVD with about 8 cartoons last year as a gift.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Santa and the Three Bears (a cartoon I watched every year in my childhood)
A Christmas Story (gave my dad the leg lamp, it''s proudly displayed in their living room)
Charlie Brown Christmas

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I can''t possibly choose one, but I can narrow it down to top 5.

White Christmas
A Christmas Story
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Elf
The Polar Express

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Home Alone is my number one and I also love The Family Stone.

snowglobe

Rough_Rock
Definitely Love Actually. It''s one of the only movies that I can watch over and over again. SO and I have practically memorized every line!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RUDOLF! We watch it every single year as we bake cookies and wrap gifts
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results