shape
carat
color
clarity

What is this?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This was in a box of stuff a friend of ours bought at auction and they could not figure out what it was so they ask us for help.
We haven't been able to figure it out for sure either so I thought I would ask you!
Thank you for your help :}

outside:

whatisit1.jpg

whatisit3.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
another outside and what is inside.
The cloth is more red than shown in the picture.

whatisit2.jpg

whatisit4.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
another pic.

whatisit5.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea, but the first thing that occurred to me was a container for burning incense.

Deb :wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Tibetan prayer scroll, I think. I have a Tibetan prayer wheel (because I have a lot of odd bits) and your item reminds me of that in terms of design elements and the prayer looks like the ones on my Tibetan prayer flags. Be respectful of it. :) Cool object.

ETA Actually . . . I think it's the top of a Tibetan prayer wheel, and the stick broke off.

I wanna play this game more often, that was fun! :tongue:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, since I had no idea what a Tibetan prayer wheel looked like, I looked them up on the Internet. I believe that I have seen these before in photographs. I am posting this photo for anyone else who might not know.

tibetanprayerwheel.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
iLander|1473553393|4074977 said:
Tibetan prayer scroll, I think. I have a Tibetan prayer wheel (because I have a lot of odd bits) and your item reminds me of that in terms of design elements and the prayer looks like the ones on my Tibetan prayer flags. Be respectful of it. :) Cool object.

ETA Actually . . . I think it's the top of a Tibetan prayer wheel, and the stick broke off.

I wanna play this game more often, that was fun! :tongue:
I think your right!! Thank you!!!
When I first saw it, I said it was a part of something and not complete.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl, Deb and iLander,

Thank you! Once again I'm learning more than I ever expected when I first came upon PS!

Very interesting.

I agree with iLander and want to see more of the 'What is This?' thread! :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1473555956|4075002 said:
Karl, Deb and iLander,

Thank you! Once again I'm learning more than I ever expected when I first came upon PS!

Very interesting.

I love your love of learning, december-fire. I get so jaded, then I read your enthusiastic postings and I feel energized. The book thread used to do this for me. Thank you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl, I don't know what it is ... but if you want 3 wishes, rub it and see what happens.

screen_shot_2016-09-10_at_6.png

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1473557647|4075011 said:
december-fire|1473555956|4075002 said:
Karl, Deb and iLander,

Very interesting.

I love your love of learning, december-fire. I get so jaded, then I read your enthusiastic postings and I feel energized. The book thread used to do this for me. Thank you.

Oh, Deb, that's so sweet of you to say! Thank you!

I really do love learning! We are surrounded by natural miracles every day. We are blessed with advancements made in science that have improved our health and made our lives easier. There are funny things to make us laugh; whether they're animal antics or jokes posted by Kenny and others.

There are so many wonderful things being done each and every day by Mother Nature and us mere mortals.

I'm well aware of the yucky stuff in life. It happens to us all to one degree or another. Life can be stressful and not every story has a happy ending. Even during tragedies, though, most people pull together and show compassion and offer comfort. Terrible outcomes can't always be avoided, but I'm thankful that (for the most part) we're a social and caring species.

To strengthen ourselves and bring colour into our lives, its important to have reminders about the joy and brilliance of life. The media often brings the big, loud headlines about the negative stuff. There's at least as much, if not more, positive stuff but it doesn't get the same publicity.

Funny you should mention books. A friend of mine has been considering getting an e-reader and last night we got together so I could show her my e-reader. This evening I received an email from her saying she's now the proud owner of her own e-reader! Books, art and music can offer so much and can provide a wonderful, relaxing break from whatever's going on in life. Just like PS! :))

Newsflash! I ramble. Especially when I'm tired! Sorry! :lol:

Sending you hugs!

:wavey:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
hmm wish I had some more stuff to post.
Thank you to everyone that replied!
iLander you rock!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results