shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the best milk chocolate?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like milk chocolate. I don't like Godiva. But I really love their milk chocolate covered pretzels that come in the tube shaped tin.

Jacques Torres.

And worlds finest chocolate bars - the fundraiser ones. I like the crispy one. It's nostalgic. Takes me back 30+ years even though I'm only 26.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes! I was trying to think what the 95% reminded me of, and it did take me back to my childhood crayon eating days :lol-2:

90 is perfect...rich and decadent, but not sweet, I hate sweet stuff. On that note, I'm now making a cup of tea and cracking into a fresh block!

I find 99% better than 95% weirdly. The texture feels more edible. Still plasticky compared to 90%. I don't like sweet things either! People look at me like I am a lunatic when I say that.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't eat it anymore but the Kinder line of chocolate is what I used to like. And Ferrero Rocher and Nutella. Too sweet for me now.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whittakers creamy milk or creamy milk with hazelnuts but I don't know if you can get it easily outside of NZ. As much as I despise Cadbury for their palm oil endeavours, they do have a dark milk range (no longer sold in NZ so I can go back to scorning them) which was delicious, especially the salted caramel.
Lindt Excellence Extra Creamy is always a favourite too.

My bestie in Wellington recently sent me a WHOLE BOX of Whittakers Peanut Slabs! Talk about being in heaven! One slab every 2 weeks is the rule, for the sanity of my hips....

Green & Blacks milk chocolate is my favourite, but I have to admit I have always been a Cadbury's Milk chocolate fan.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lake Champlain Chocolates are really good across the board bit pricey.

@missy —their toffee chocolates are dairy free. We’re always looking for dairy free and as good as the dairy version. This one fits the bill

Thank you! This option looks yummy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My bestie in Wellington recently sent me a WHOLE BOX of Whittakers Peanut Slabs! Talk about being in heaven! One slab every 2 weeks is the rule, for the sanity of my hips....

That is a good friend! I don't even know what a Peanut Slab is but I can tell by the name it's freakin amazing.:lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was able to enjoy dairy Trader Joes dark chocolate and milk chocolate peanut butter cups were da bomb.

C2D18201-3C12-443B-B842-0824F10BD535.jpeg

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I've never had the milk, but the dark chocolate ones of these are ridiculously addictive. And I'd never say no to a Toblerone.

In the UK, Melt chocolate bars... Highly recommend

Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 16.17.39.png

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was able to enjoy dairy Trader Joes dark chocolate and milk chocolate peanut butter cups were da bomb.

C2D18201-3C12-443B-B842-0824F10BD535.jpeg

missy do you have a favorite non-dairy chocolate bar? i tried a coconut milk one a while back which was decent, i can't remember the brand. wondering if there are other good ones to try. =)

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Aldi has really good chocolate. Each store is different though for what they carry.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
We have any Canadians who like chocolate ?
When i went to Canada to see Bruce Springsteen they had really delicious maple syrup chocolate
It had a warm creamy coloured filling
Just devine

As a Canadian my go to milk chocolate is Neilsen’s Jersey Milk or Lindor. But as a kid we had Rowntree Maple Buds (they were the creamiest chocolates) and melted so deliciously on the tongue. They would melt in the bag or box in the summer so I assume that it had maple in it that didn’t stabilize it the same way sugar does. I may have to seek out this maple syrup chocolates and see if it brings back the memories.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy do you have a favorite non-dairy chocolate bar? i tried a coconut milk one a while back which was decent, i can't remember the brand. wondering if there are other good ones to try. =)

Yes I love the signature dark chocolate bar from Evolved.

SigDarkBar-mockupREV_590x.jpg

I think I will try some of their other products but right now this is all I have tried and I keep reordering lol.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Aldi has really good chocolate. Each store is different though for what they carry.

I was just about to say, for milk chocolate, Aldi and Lidl own brand.

For dark chocolate I buy Hotel Chocolate. They are pricey but I find just one chocolate a day is enough to curb the urge (that and reminding myself just how much per choc they cost!)

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As much as i do love the old peanut slab i often feel like the only person around here who isnt in love with whittakers
I did use to work just up the road from them and i loved the smell because it reminded me of living in Dunedin
I do quite like the peanut butter one and we did like the macadamia but they stopped doing that
I don't know how to describe why im not as keen on it ?
Its just too sickly to me ? Too strong ?
I do find the creamy milk quite sweet and can’t eat too much of it as a result. Their artisan range is better balanced imo

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to try some of this:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am not a big chocolate eater but when I do it is this:

My family loves this brand!

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a Canadian my go to milk chocolate is Neilsen’s Jersey Milk or Lindor. But as a kid we had Rowntree Maple Buds (they were the creamiest chocolates) and melted so deliciously on the tongue. They would melt in the bag or box in the summer so I assume that it had maple in it that didn’t stabilize it the same way sugar does. I may have to seek out this maple syrup chocolates and see if it brings back the memories.

Don't forget to post pictures =)2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maple Buds. Hard to forget.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Green & Blacks milk chocolate is my favourite, but I have to admit I have always been a Cadbury's Milk chocolate fan.

Back when i lived in Linden and worked in Porirua they (the city?) Wanted to errect a giant peanut slan down on the foreshore but there was a public outcry that it would be tacky
i thought it was a fun and harmless idea that might have brought a smile to people who saw it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a good friend! I don't even know what a Peanut Slab is but I can tell by the name it's freakin amazing.:lickout:

It is
They are choc full of peanuts in creamy milk chocolate
One used to buy it from out of the box unwrapped and the shop keeper put it in a small white paper confectionary bag
But now days things come wrapped
they also do an almond gold version of the peanut slab in dark chocolate
i loved those ( before i gave up almonds ) whittakerspeabutslabbox.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lindt or Green & Blacks are very yummy!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is
They are choc full of peanuts in creamy milk chocolate
One used to buy it from out of the box unwrapped and the shop keeper put it in a small white paper confectionary bag
But now days things come wrapped
they also do an almond gold version of the peanut slab in dark chocolate
i loved those ( before i gave up almonds ) whittakerspeabutslabbox.jpg

This is the box I have in my cupboard :kiss2: It's so heavy! The postage was $101 :-o Got to love a good bestie.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the box I have in my cupboard :kiss2: It's so heavy! The postage was $101 :-o Got to love a good bestie.

The price of postage is dreadful
But Its good it got to you

I have read that postage in and out of this part of the world is slow because of the lack of international flights

Enjoy your chocky :kiss2:
She is indeed a very good friend, your bestie

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m waiting on Tony’s from Amazon today. Given the price it better be out of this world!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
096B8C91-91D4-4258-A38C-AD0240433C91.jpeg Slave free chocolate! The best I have ever had! 10C72937-1A5F-4431-BD55-3D42121421F5.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FC789C44-2268-48E8-BCCE-4F0AD6DDB600.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results