shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you plan to do with your wedding attire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering what all you ladies were planning on doing with your wedding attire after your wedding. Will you keep your dress or sell it - will you keep your veil or sell it- will you keep your tiara or sell them? Just curious...I am hoping to be able to use part of my wedding outfit later on, hence for the making of it ourselves...Since I am now in my 40''s and not being able to have any children kind of takes away the idea of passing it down. My niece will have her mother''s dress so no need to have Auntie''s - my sister only had one girl. But as for my tiara - the one thing I have always dreamed of having for my wedding...now to find the perfect one - giggle...maybe that would be something she could use since her mother borrowed a veil...look at that - answering my own questions while asking it to you all - giggle

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I''m hoping to keep my dress, tiara, and veil (I''m still up in the air about a veil, but I think I need to try some one to get a better idea). Eventually, if I end up not being able to pass them on or get really pressed for money, I can always sell them.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, after wearing my dress around for a couple days after (MUST get money''s worth!), I plan on selling it, although FI is a little mopey about that, so who knows. I''m also going to give my veil back-I''m borrowing my cousin''s. My tiara? Um.. Don''t know. I may keep that- I love it so! I found mine at veilshop.com

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I got married 5 yeasr ago. I originally wanted to sell the dress. I didn''t wear either of my mom''s dresses, so I figure if I have a daughter, she probably wouldn''t be interested in mine either. My husband was against me selling it, so I held onto it, and finally just listed it on one of the used wedding dress sites. Now that it''s 5 years old, I probably won''t get near as much as if I had sold it right after the wedding. I''m kicking myself for that. I do plan on keeping the veil and tiera. I figure those are things that can easily be re-worn, and not even look the same or be recignized as mine. One thing I have noticed, is the metal on the tiera has started to tarnish, it almost looks gold now...

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I''m def. keeping mine. If nothing else, it''ll make a great halloween costume (hehe)

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm planning on selling my dress (for a little less than 1/2 of the cost new). I'm not sure what I'll do with my veil. Maybe I'll take the tulle and incorporate it into something crafty. It's only $13, so I doubt I'd get anything for it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
None of my attire was terribly expensive. I did launder the dress and still have it, will likely donate it to Making Memories (linky). If and when I have a daughter, I'm sure she'll want to pick out her own dress!
2.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I had my original wedding dress boxed and I kept it under my bed for years. I recently donated it to Goodwill after realizing that it would never be used again and I never really fell "in love" with it.

My renewal ceremony dress, I plan to keep. I can add spaghetti straps to it and wear it for formal occasions.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I am absolutely keeping my dress and veil! But I am a crazy clothing/textile collector, so it has a different appeal for me. My dress being remade from an antique lace dress, and I hope one day that my daughter(s) will want to use it. If not, I still hope to pass it on. I would have worn/remade my grandma''s dress if it had fit me, so maybe my dress will mean something to one of my future decendants!
3.gif

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t wear a veil or tiara. I did keep the silk flower I wore in my hair. I also kept my shoes. They aren''t dyable, so I can''t redye them, but they weren''t expensive so I don''t care.

My dress I cut off so that I could wear it again. It wasn''t puffy or cupcake-like so it doesn''t look silly shorter and could be worn again.

His suit we just kept. He''s worn it a couple of times.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - more replies than I thot - giggle... I am glad to hear of you gals keeping your wedding dresses. Some I have known have sold them soon afterwards, and I am thinking...their poor daughters, because so many of them were beautiful and their daughters are older now and would have dressed just like their mom did. I too have considered of shortening my dress to rewear. No since in letting all that work just go yellowed with age - giggle :}
Is fun to think about things like this...thanks for all the replies :}

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Since I loved my dress so much, I''m certainly keeping it. I have a friend that designs in her spare time like I do, so I''m sort of stealing her idea. She has a gown that she made for someone else to wear to a formal ball. She has the dress on a dressmaker''s dummy, on this little platform under a soft pink spotlight in her house (she has the space). The effect is so amazing, I want to do the same with mine. it''s too pretty to keep boxed up or in the closet, so I''d love to display it this way. In soft lighting, the rhinestones would sparkle and the sheen of the train would like really nice.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I''m keeping my dress, it''ll be far too beautiful to give up. One of the benefits of getting a 2-piece wedding dress is that I can wear the bits separately. The embroidered corset top would look amazing with jeans and sexy high heels. And the skirt would look good with a linen silk tank top or something.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I kept my dress, but I''m so bad that a year later and I still haven''t had it preserved.

My Mother kept my headpiece, veil, and bouquet and had them preserved in a gorgeous glass box. She should be bringing them out when she comes to visit us this week.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sentimental, so I will probably sell it.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''ll probably sell it or donate it.

I like the sentiment of keeping it for my kids to see and possibly wear, but honestly- I''m not wearing my mom''s dress (nor is anyone else on this site, as far as I''m aware) so why should I expect my daughter(s) to wear mine? Style''s change, people are different sizes, things aren''t preserved as they should be and yellow, etc. And they can always just look at the pictures.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I''m keeping everything. It probably will sit in the closet and collect dust if anything, but I want to be able to pull it out every once in awhile
1.gif
I don''t think my kids will want to wear it, but you never know, maybe they will want some of the beading or part of the fabric for something in the future.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I will keep my tiara forever; it was the day I got to be a princess. In fact, after the wedding, when we changed into our *going on the honeymoon* clothes, I kept my tiara on and silly me, I forgot to take it off before we made our first stop for gas, and I couldn''t figure out WHY I got the looks I got.
9.gif

I''ll probably keep the tiara a good while, too. Paul loves it, and sometimes when I''m just sitting around the house, he''ll plop it on my head and say how much he loves his bride.

The dress. Well, I really love my dress, but it takes up a ton of room. I''m not sure what to do with it, so it will be around for a while, at least.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results