shape
carat
color
clarity

What do engraved rings look like after years of wear?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there,
I'm still contemplating aspects of my reset and taking my time to really figure out what I want to do. I'm thinking that it would be lovely to have some engraving and probably in platinum. How do engraved bands look over time with wear and tear? Any pictures?

Thanks!!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
This is my antique 1930s platinum wedding band, its seen plenty of wear. The engraving, although a little worn is still holding up pretty well.

2011%2008%2028_3452_edited-2_0.jpg
AD%202.jpg

Apologies - my photos always seem to show up large.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lottie for chiming in! It still looks really pretty and perhaps a little softer, although hard to tell without once knowing what it looked like in the 50's. In any case, very pretty!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
You are right, definately a bit softer - I should think the flowers had much better definition when the original recipient started wearing it. I think women are a lot harder on their rings now than they were eighty years ago!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The engraving on my great-grandmother's ring is still visible but like someone else described, "softer". My mother has been wearing the ring for 35+ years and she is ROUGH on it. The only part with missing engraving is where the ring was re-shanked.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have pictures of engraved rings that are a few years old? I'd love to see a before and after pic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results