shape
carat
color
clarity

What did we get for Christmas Ladies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies-

I''ve been a little MIA, just wondering what everyone got for Christmas (or Hanukkah) this year?

I had a great Christmas, all in all. I got:

-Perry Ellis 360 Perfume
-Calendar for 2010
-Limited Edition bottle of Belvedere Vodka
-Stuffed Animal (from my DAD! he thinks I am 12, but it was adorable, so I love it!)
-Gold Pair of Jimmy Choos
-Short trip to San Antonio

I am really happy that we made our first Christmas special. Now I am going to focus on getting DH a nice present for his birthday next month.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My husband gave me a sewing machine that I am so excited to get (it's been on order for a long time, he was bummed it didn't arrive on time). I don't sew, but I'm detemined to learn.

We pick names in my family, my dad got me and gave me a heart shaped diamond necklace with baby shoes dangling in the middle. It's darling and such a sweet commemeration of our baby due in March.

My sister gave us lots of baby clothes. Her husband sarcastically thanked us for having a girl, he's afraid she's never going to stop shopping.

ETA: What wonderful gifts you received, Mrs. H.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
you both did well this year :) must have been good!

the "big ticket" items-
hubby- a really nice photo printer/scanner/copier, shelves i''ve been asking for, and (not big, but a fave...) an OSU snuggie!
MIL- golf clubs! they are "certified preowned" but a REALLY REALLY nice set. i''d rather have a great set of used clubs than a crappier set of new ones. i''m a newer golfer, so they are perfect.
sister (family gift exchange)- a huge set of bare minerals eye shadows. i love their make-up!

got lots of board games too, so overall it was a great holiday!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
From FI: gift card for clothes, cashmere gloves, Tiffany bracelet (ABTY), video game and Classic Short black Uggs
From Dad: Gift card for clothes
From others: Gift cards

ETA: it's kind of a laid back year because of the wedding in two weeks. Everyone is saving their pennies for Las Vegas!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all. I''ve posted pics of my Christmas pressie on other forums but I''m so happy with my gift from my FI that I can''t help posting another pic (sorry
9.gif
). They''re 1ctw diamond studs (0.50 each) G/SI1.....

Ict diamond studs jpg4.JPG

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Santa was good to me this year! I received:

A Nikon DSLR camera! (Have wanted one for ages.)
An Olympus point-and-shoot digital camera
A few "first married Christmas" ornaments
A new navy blue pantsuit
Tops/shells/blouses to wear under suits
A Rebecca Minkoff purse
A couple really cute coats I''d been eyeing (good job, Mom!)
A big box of Godiva chocolates
Matching beach towels for DH and me
Some artwork for my new office
Nail polish from my Secret Santa

I feel very fortunate this year!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby gave me 3 Pregnany books, haha. I think it's sweet since we've been talking about starting a family, and it's cute to see he's so on board!

My family doesn't really celebrate Christmas since my parents live in China and they aren't Christian. But they are paying for the sapphire I picked out as a Christmas/Birthday present.

I'm adding a photo because that's just how I excited I am about it!!

pgsapphblue.png

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got a room full of new furniture! The dining table and chairs were DHs' gifts to me, and the bar and bar stools were my gift to him. I'd been agonising over which brand of coffee machine to get him, as it's something he's wanted for a while, but when he said he saw the bar that he loved, I was so relieved! All I had to do was pay for it, no fuss, no muss!
9.gif

I laybyed the coffee machine today in the post-Chrissy sales, anyway
2.gif
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

TableBar 003.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I got some great stuff this year! Some of it I asked for, but some was a surprise.

- nice wooden pepper mill
- boxed set of Harry Potter books (I''ve only read them once and that was years ago; I can''t wait to read them again)
- lots of warm socks because our house is freezing (though MIL got me larges ... and I don''t have size 10+ feet, so I have some exchanging to do before I can wear them)
- external hard drive (my dad only gave it to me because he put our family photos on it, but I actually really needed one so I was excited)

And my best gift ever - knitted hand warmers from SIL (she''s a great knitter). They''re kind of like tubes with thumb holes that cover up your wrists and hands while keeping the fingers free. Our house is so cold and I love them!! I have to give her credit for always picking out the best gifts (and doing it cheaply too!).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had a lot going on in the past few weeks, one of which was a round of layoffs happening at DH''s work. We had to make sure we made it through that OK before we felt we could really celebrate Christmas gift-wise (DH is a Christmas nut and this is the one time each year when he goes all out). So we decided to wait until after the holidays. We did exchange one smaller gift on Christmas eve and stockings on Christmas day. I got him a zune HD and he got me a pair of silver earrings from T&Co to replace the pair I lost a few years ago. It was totally unexpected and very much appreciated.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Lots of little things. :) I got some wii games from my dad, dh got me a couple of books he thought i''d enjoy, a massage pillow (it''s awesome, it''s because i''m always bugging him to give me one lol now i don''t have to wait!) and some really nice microfleece pajama pants :) We also got some board games, movies, lots of new blankets, pretty good new stock of clothes as we''ve both lost some weight and the usual smelly lotion, candles, etc :)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
From DH, Ugg Slippers and a necklace I really wanted from Etsy. :)

chibride10

Rough_Rock
This year was a little rough on the wallet given the wedding and all, but DH and I decided to make it special for ourselves! I got him an XBox (that may have been a mistake! j/k) and he got me the Kitchenaid mixer I was dying for but never got off our registry. I made cookies and a pie with it Christmas morning!

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Dh and I dont buy Xmas gifts for each other (gasp), but we did get some gift cards for home depot, best buy, target and a few restaurants. I love "free" shopping.
30.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
We had a great Christmas! So awesome to celebrate as newlyweds.

DH got me a kindle. I''ve already read two books. I also got a pair of sergio rossi boots that I''ve coveted. and lot of other little stuff.

We got an awesome hand made birch box from my aunt and uncle (my uncle made it) for all of our wedding things. I love it!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ohh, this year was a Good one! Our first Christmas was awesome!

From DH-
New HP laptop!
Spa gift card for massage and facial
30.gif

From Parents (DH and mine)-
New David Yurman bracelet
Burberry Quilted Coat and Neck Snood
Burberry Packable tote
Prada perfume pack
Ugg ankle shoes (Not sure what to do with them... I may exchange for something else. I''m not an Ugg fan.)
Michael Kors Diaper Bag and wallet that I fell in love with when shopping with my mom!
30.gif

Reebok Easytone shoes... MIL bought them a size and a half too big, because she swears that my feet are going to swell from the pregnancy, lol
20.gif

Lots of baby stuff from my side of the family. I think that the IL''s were surprised that we received baby gifts... though I am not sure why
33.gif

And drumroll...... Steam Cleaner for Jewelry!!!! I think I even might have screamed when I opened it!!!!

(I think I left out a few things out... if I remember then I will update)

WannaB- I''m so glad to hear you got your Gold Choo''s! Are you posting a picture anywhere?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 11:21:34 AM
Author: meresal

And drumroll...... Steam Cleaner for Jewelry!!!! I think I even might have screamed when I opened it!!!!

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock

WannaB- I''m so glad to hear you got your Gold Choo''s! Are you posting a picture anywhere?
Aw! Mere you always get awesome gifts! I remember you got a Bottega Venetta wallet last year, sooooo jealous!

I DID get gold Choos (''cause he''s a good hubby and listens to my moaning from time to time) but they aren''t the Jasmin''s..they are the Freya ones...I''ll try to find a pic...but the BEST thing is that he bought them a half a size too big and we had to go return them. When we arrived at the store yesterday, we discovered that they were now 60% off! We returned the too big ones and bought the correct size that were much cheaper now...and because my hubby rocks, he said I could buy another pair to cover the difference! Love him!

So I also bought a pair of red Hunter wellies and another silver pair of Jimmy''s called Polite in silver. I was kinda bummed, because I would have loved them in black...I already had a silver pair of Jimmys but the temptation was just too much. I ended up going over by about $50, but he said I''ve been a good wife for four whole months...so it was okay.

JCFreya.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the silver ones...

JCPolite2.jpg

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 3:48:34 PM
Author: wannaBMrsH
Here are the silver ones...
Yum, yum
30.gif
They would make fantastic wedding shoes - if only I could walk in them
32.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 3:45:56 PM
Author: wannaBMrsH

WannaB- I'm so glad to hear you got your Gold Choo's! Are you posting a picture anywhere?
Aw! Mere you always get awesome gifts! I remember you got a Bottega Venetta wallet last year, sooooo jealous!

I DID get gold Choos ('cause he's a good hubby and listens to my moaning from time to time) but they aren't the Jasmin's..they are the Freya ones...I'll try to find a pic...but the BEST thing is that he bought them a half a size too big and we had to go return them. When we arrived at the store yesterday, we discovered that they were now 60% off! We returned the too big ones and bought the correct size that were much cheaper now...and because my hubby rocks, he said I could buy another pair to cover the difference! Love him!

So I also bought a pair of red Hunter wellies and another silver pair of Jimmy's called Polite in silver. I was kinda bummed, because I would have loved them in black...I already had a silver pair of Jimmys but the temptation was just too much. I ended up going over by about $50, but he said I've been a good wife for four whole months...so it was okay.
Awesome shoes!!! What great Luck and a wonderful husband!!!

FYI... I LOVE my Hunter's!!!
30.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I am loving ogling all of your gifts and reading the lists.
It's as fun as getting them for myself!

This is fun!!! It doesn't feel like much but in a list I guess it really does add up.

Most of it was from DH:
A diamond cross necklace (I reaaaally love this!)
A Kindle w/leather case (Not sure if I love it yet...I love the feel and smell of actual books)
A netbook (mini laptop) just for using in bed & lounging around
Great seats and VIP pkg to U2 concert this summer (yay!)
Tons of cookies and cakes from friends (Yum! Sugar overload...groan!)
$1k from my family to buy a trinket/small bauble
Clothes and makeup

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I got my very own sleek TomTom that also calculates the best route considering traffic conditions. now I don''t have to borrow DH''s anymore. he doesn''t even own a car so not sure why he has 2!

I was a crappy wife this Christmas and didn''t get him anything.
38.gif
because he couldn''t tell me what he wanted. he is still debating over the iphone. he also needs a head pillow for his lazyboy, so maybe we''ll go get that this weekend.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
I feel very blesses this Christmas. I got some great stuff from my family, the IL''s and my DH

DH got me:
Netbook (it is sooo cute and tiny!)
Dolphins jersey (I am a football fanatic)
How To Take Charge of Your Fertility book (we are TTC this coming year)
A book about Planning (my dream job)
The Elizabeth Arden Make-Up Box
Some gift cards to my favorite coffe/lunch time places (Au Bon Pain, Starbucks, etc)

The IL''s:
Nike Ipod running mate
A running ID that latches onto my shoe
A Biggest Loser smoothing making thing (not sure where that came from)

My family:
A coach wallet =0)
A funky pearl and silver necklace
A couple cute tops/blouses
A Macy''s gc
Some cd''s

All in all I would say I am a lucky girl. I hope you ladies got everything you wished for too
9.gif

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
From DH: a short trip to Miami and Key Largo in February!
10.gif
9.gif

(I gave him tickets to a Celtics game and some cashmere sweaters)

From in-laws: a few books, a sweater, jewelry, a baking kit and family recipes (I''m determined to learn how to bake if it kills me!), and French-Cambodian cooking lessons at a local restaurant here in Boston!

From Mum/family: jewelry, winter gear, several gift cards, a handbag, and bathroom goodies.

I also stopped by one of the Coach outlet stores and picked up a new large grey Sabrina for a fantastic deal!
36.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
We used some of our left over Macys gift cards from the wedding and that family sent us for Christmas to buy the Cuisinart ice cream maker that was left on our registry (YUM--we''re making green apple sorbet tonight!!!) and a Shark Navigator vaccum (the Dyson animal was on our registry but that''s a little out of our budget).

We''re actually having fun vaccuming with the Navigator
9.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What awesome gifts, ladies! I really really wanted to cut back on Christmas spending this year, because I feel it''s been getting crazier by the year. But I still ended up with a lot of stuff (especially from the in-laws), majority of which I don''t want/need and have no space for. I''m going to speak to the in-laws and suggest a stocking only policy for next year! From DH I got:

- a burgundy Botkier bag. (Link for picture)
- a soft RL robe
- several books and jazz CDs
30.gif

- a new game for the Wii
- some stuff from fruits and passion
- chocolate from Europe! (Dairy milk from England and Neuhaus from Belgium)

grace10209

Rough_Rock
Wow you all got some amazing gifts ........... YAY:
I got
A surprise trip to Las Vegas to see Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds play - stayed at Pallazo on Fri and Planet Hollywood on Sat
The new iphone
Then small stuff, gum, razors, fitness magazines, gloves

he went WAY over board. The trip & Tickets to see Dave are enough for a lifetime.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 1:16:47 PM
Author: grace10209
Wow you all got some amazing gifts ........... YAY:
I got
A surprise trip to Las Vegas to see Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds play - stayed at Pallazo on Fri and Planet Hollywood on Sat
The new iphone
Then small stuff, gum, razors, fitness magazines, gloves

he went WAY over board. The trip & Tickets to see Dave are enough for a lifetime.
That sounds awesome! I love Las Vegas and I bet the shows there were amazing.

I have a feeling that my little iPhone is dying (I have the OLD, OLD version - the one that is silver) but I don''t want to buy another one yet...

Congrats on Dave Matthews and your loot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results