shape
carat
color
clarity

What color eyeshadow do I wear with black clothes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
This is probably a stupid question, but what color eye shadow should I wear with black clothes? I have blonde hair and blue-grey eyes with medium light skin tone. I look better in rosier blush rather than peachy blush. I''ve tried grey but it doesn''t do anything for my eye color--kind of makes me look more tired and washed out. Normally I wear brown/taupe eye shadow with most other colors. Should I wear this with black clothes too?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't know why anyone would want to wear grey eyeshadow...it sounds depressing, esp with black..haha!

i would say pinks or peaches or browns mixed with peaches or blues mixed with peaches, or an iridiscent light tan or similar. things to brighten up your eyes and play off the color you have there. maybe even green-blues, blended of course, we're not talking 80's aqua eyes here.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
grey, no way.
stop by sephora and have them hook you up with some color girl!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
My fave color is by covergirl its called pink chiffon. Its glittery pinkish color but doesnt come out pink more of a shimmer and then add a little purple for the out edge. Thats the best i can tell ya without being there....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
a smoky grey can really work for my eyes...actually makes them pop (surprisingly) but for the most part I wear color too.

Definitely go to sephora and have a play!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I would love to go to Sephora and play. But there is no Sephora within 2 hours of my house. I''ve tried the regular dept stores like Macy''s and the girls do use grey with black...They seem to want to do the smokey eye thing and it makes me look like a raccoon. I''ve tried the pink tones and they don''t seem to have enough oomph when I wear black...considering I''m light skinned. My eyes need to stand out more than the pinks give me but not so much as grey.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like you need to just flat out use more shadow. make it brighter.

i err on the side of less but when the gals do my eyes for me, they use A LOT more shadow than i do. and it definitely makes things pop.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is a pretty good graphic http://www.wildaboutmakeup.com/apply-eye-shadow.html and the coloring is good. all you need to do is find the right tones of pinks/plums that would work with your skintone.
the key is blending. if you can blend good, anything will look good.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m partial to a shimmery neutral - I have EXTREMELY fair skin (although I do have dark eyes). I think a nice dark plum or charcoal grey eyeliner and a shimmery neutral eyeshadow is a great look with just about any color clothes (my favorite eyeshadows are Stila - Kitten or Starlight are great for fair skin). Then plenty of pink blush on the cheeks to give you a healthy flush and a pink or plummy lipstick and you are set to go.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
really good tips here http://beauty.about.com/od/eyeshadow/qt/eyeshad1.htm i agree with them all.
find three colors that complement your skintone/eyes and go for it! a good place to start could be an eye shadow kit (maybelline, cover girl...etc) that has the colors already selected.

...if you think you need a grey, get one but the key is finding a couple other colors to blend with it.
basically, you need a neutral, a highlight (light) color and a dark.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
mac makes a color called "rice paper." it''s sort of a light gold/irridescent butter-yellow. i think it would bring out the color of your eyes b/c gold is on the opposite side of the color wheel from blue-grey. also, the color works well for blonds in general, especially if you pair it with a light pink blush.

i have blond hair with green-grey eyes and this color works really well for me, especially when i wear a black shirt.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m blonde with medium to light skin and blue eyes and I love to wear neutrals when I wear black. A shimmery copper and a slightly darker taupe with a bright highlighter really make my eyes pop. Then put on a great lipstick. Grey, in my opinion, does not work on blondes. I''ve tried it and have yet to see the appeal.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
What about purple? I''m a huge fan of purple eyeshadow, especially with black clothes. I usually lean more towards eggplant because my eyes are hazel (brown-green), but there are "cooler" shades of purple as well.. might be fun to play around with!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think your face determines what colors work for you rather than your outfit! While you can the colors depending on the event, color you''re wearing, etc...I think only a prof can tell you what your colors are!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
MAC makes a wonderful purpley/brownish hued shadow that I like to wear with black for weddings and when I go out. It''s called Trax.

I love it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on what lip color you will wear.

I love smokey eyes with light lips and I love a simple neutral pale shimmer with black liner if you are doing red lips...both are striking for the holiday. Use less more neutral blush with the red lip and bit of color with the smokey eyes...

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/19/2006 10:47:40 PM
Author: Rosebud8506
MAC makes a wonderful purpley/brownish hued shadow that I like to wear with black for weddings and when I go out. It''s called Trax.

I love it.

I have trax too and I really like it. I am olive tan in complexion with black hair and dark brown eyes.

IslandDreams,
I would just take advantage of the free makeovers that most makeup counters at dept. stores provide. I would tell them that I need eyeshadow to wear with black clothes. I am sure that they can recommend stuff and it would be free anyway and if you don''t like what they chose, you can ask to try on something else or even hop over to another counter for different advice.
2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
BTW, I usually use a neutral shimmer by MAC called Honesty. It was actually a limited edition color that they made that they decided to make into a regular color b/c it became popular.
It is beigy/tan with shimmer to it, but it is very subtle.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
There is a gorgeous color made by Stila called "Pewter". It is sort of a shimmery gun-metal but slightly blue. I use a liner brush dipped in a little water, then outline my eyes with it for evening, then use a highlighter shimmery silver called "Moonlight". I pair this smoky look with neutral lips. Joila!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Me too--for grey you''d want a dark charcoal, probably, not a boring blah grey.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think there is anything wrong with wearing brown with black clothes. I think you shoudl wear what looks best on your face. I wear brown shadow a lot. I was told it went really well with blue eyes. It sounds like my coloring is similar to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results