shape
carat
color
clarity

What color dress??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
This may be a silly question but I''ve never been to a spring wedding before and I''m having trouble thinking of an appropriate color for a dress. And I''m kinda curious if I can wear a print dress to a wedding too... With the spring wedding season coming up does anyone have any suggestions??
33.gif

Thanks!
WistfulAurora

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
A print dress would certainly be fine. Any nice dress from a spring collection [old or new] would be fine. Keep in mind the time of day and formality of the event when you select an outfit, though.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Sure you can wear a print dress to a wedding. I think the type of dress (length, casual vs. more formal) all depends on the time of day and formality/dress code of the event as diamanteblue points out.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would be very cute!

Also, J. Crew has a lot of really adorable dresses for spring, if you''re still looking!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Just don''t wear white or cream to ANY of the events. Seriously, I only thought this extended to day of stuff, but after being apart of quite a few bridezilla affairs, it is a NO NO to ANY event, Showers, Bachelorette Parties, Rehearsal Dinners, The Day after brunch, and DEFINATELY the wedding.

So no cute sundresses that are majority white or cream or 2 piece pantsuit that are majority white or cream to any of these events. I have seen this seriously anger a few brides.

Now, a long time ago when I was much much younger, I was one of the girls to wear white pants and a white jacket to a wedding, but I thought it was okay because I had a bright lavender blouse underneath it. (Think Don Johnson- Miami Vice in the ''80s.) I did only wear the jacket when I was freezing during the dinner, but the rest of the time, just my bouse. I didn''t realize at the time, but I really tee-d off the bride because the majority of my ensemble was white. When I greeted them however, I was just in my blouse and pants. I hadn''t realized it would be a faux pas. I now know, there are enough colors to wear that I can avoid that color at ANY FUNCTION wedding/ bride related.

I say any of the events because some brides get really offended, and I have seen one crazy bride ask that a girl leave her party. Wow, the drama! Others just feel bad.

I am sure you know this already... just wanted to point out the obvious. But a print dress is really fine. Most women just choose a color that looks good on them, and pick warm colors, pinks, reds yellows, joyful colors. I have also seen many women don the little black dress and look great, no matter what time of year. Just avoid whites and creams!!! and have fun!

Seriously that is the best thing you can wear to any wedding, A HUGE SMILE!

((HUGS))
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results