shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your coping mechanisms?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds - you're too cute! I enjoy reading your posts.

Thank you Queenie =)2
Ill shear this latest eye candy with you
At the Hamptons today (yeaterday for me)
I don't actually search stuff like this out (often) but it poped up on my google feed
took the gloss off ever so slightly off that square cut diamond i was drooling over on its thread :mrgreen2:
Bruce_Springsteen_4.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TV (binge watching comfort shows that I've/we've seen before)

Projects (clean out basement, redo driveway/walkway, paint bedrooms, big things that keep me busy for a while, offer a calming effect when done, and let me go back and admire for some gratification highs)

Making and eating bread (warm and loaded with butter, mmm)

Coffee.... coffee, coffee, coffee

Walks

Endless browsing for reset ideas

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Copious amount of pastries, chips and ice cream

Constantly on PS, admiring everyone’s beauties and reading interesting threads on Hangout (not so much anymore though since political threads were banned- what a shame really)

Binge watching shows on Netflix

Oh and yes, therapy. I’ve been *seeing* a therapist for the last 7 years.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chocolate, literally all the chocolate
Naps
Jewelry window shopping on Etsy
Instagram

In the early days of the pandemic I would put on my headphones and listen to music, sometimes for hours

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
kettle chips himalayan salt 6.5oz.jpg

forgot to mention the, indiscriminate, consumption of this, in the early months. the family size of 6.5oz instead of the more modest 4.2oz

but managed to wean us off of it and do away with the habit of eating the entire bag of chips in, a sitting

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually this place is a coping mechanism
Its not quite escapism becsuse everybody behind a post or a beautuful ring is a real person
But people are honestly sooooo nice here

But i find following royal jewlery and the happenings of the Queen - and also kings and Queens of other countries quite relaxing

Ive always been politically, a staunch royalist, but i never took much notice of the brooches and tiaras and necklases beyond what is on the back of the $20 note but i fiund a few years ago current events got very stressful and i just needed to step back and chill out for 10 min and kind of celebrate something that wasn't American
I hope im not being disrespful in doing so because ive always looked at HM as a much reveired Head of State - not a clothes horse - i mean she is the mother of our commonwealth family
But her hats make me happy - her bright colours make me happy , her riding her horses make me happy, how she always remembers my countries war time scarafices makes me greatful
- and she's so dependable - (like most of her subjects) for my entire life she has been there in the background just being the Queen -with both my parents dead i can't think of one other person who has done that (i don't mean being the Queen, i mean anything) in any position
I want her to live forever - which actually isnt at all fare of me

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
Working like a fiend
Walking nearly every day
Exploring the beautiful natural spaces near me by hiking with a friend or kayaking. I’ve been to a more new-to-me parks / recreation areas this year than probably in the last 5 or 6 combined.
Working on craft projects
Happy hour/dinner zooms with friends
Online window shopping for sparklies I will never buy

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since giving up watching the news a couple of months ago, and just choosing which news I read online, I’ve found I’m feeling far less anxious and stressed.

We have been able to see friends, firstly just outdoors, but now they can come in to your home (and socially distance), it’s helped to make life feel a lot more normal.

Accepting this is our ‘normal’ for the foreseeable future, and just getting on with it.

We are under regional restrictions here in Cheshire, so we can no longer have anyone who doesn't live with us either inside our home or out in our garden. The Outlaws were here this weekend, coming up anyway but transferring to a hotel & meeting for days out & dinners. It felt sad as we haven't seen them since January.

Skyjems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Actually this place is a coping mechanism
Its not quite escapism becsuse everybody behind a post or a beautuful ring is a real person
But people are honestly sooooo nice here

+1 to this, Facebook was once a retreat full of friends and family pictures... Now, ugh! Thanks to the PS community.

Also, I can tell my wife that I'm working!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fortunately in our immediate area, there hasn’t been a spike in new infections @Alex T, just hoping it stays that way. Haven‘t seen DS since 29th December, and not likely to be seeing him anytime soon. :cry: Have a great time with the outlaws this weekend.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm some healthy and some no-so-healthy.
  • Snacking more, working 2 feet from the fridge has pitfalls :eek-2:
  • Drinking more, a 4pm beer was a thing for a while. Stopped now thankfully!
  • Exercise - long bushwalks to calm the mind. Attempting jogging too.
  • Speaking to friends - lots more calls to bestie and my sisters for support
  • The odd cheeky cigarette :wall: trying hard to lose this habit again.
  • Organising / decluttering my flat. Lots of mending/polishing objects too.
  • Being grateful I still have a job and can support myself!
  • Sooooooooo much Netflix :shifty:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My coping mechanisms are the same as many of the ones already mentioned:

Lots of praying, exercising, cooking and drinking way too much.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well duh.

My coping mechanism is dialing 911.
They will quickly connect you to the cops.

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
Music and singing really helps. My preference is for Pedro Capó as his songs are about enjoying life (and helps me learn Spanish while I’m there). My cats help a lot (all animals). My painting helps although I’m an emotional painter so my paintings would be sad at the moment. Gardening is really wonderful. Lastly I practice conscious gratefulness everyday.
I unfortunately have lost both of my parents... when my mother died I went into a very bad depression that I didn’t think I would ever get out of.
A good friend told me something that made a difference and continues to make a difference every day. He told me no-one controls my emotions but me, and no-one decides if I’m happy but me. it’s my conscious choice to be happy everyday and I won’t allow anyone else the power to change that.
whenever I catch myself crumbling I remind myself that it’s my choice and it gets perspective.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fortunately in our immediate area, there hasn’t been a spike in new infections @Alex T, just hoping it stays that way. Haven‘t seen DS since 29th December, and not likely to be seeing him anytime soon. :cry: Have a great time with the outlaws this weekend.

It's tough, isn't it :cry2: Thank goodness for Skype & Zoom, though it's obviously never the same, but it is better than a distant voice at the end of the phone. I hope you can make plans to fly over to see him as soon as possible x

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @AlexT, FaceTime has been amazing, we’ve had meals ‘together’ and been able to see them whilst talking.

Unfortunately the FCO still advises against travel to the US, which would invalidate any insurance, and BA haven’t reinstated flights there yet anyway. They were due to fly here in a couple of weeks, but their flights were cancelled, and in any event they would’ve had to quarantine for 14 days on arrival, and they were only coming for 13 days!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results