shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am now eligible for the vaccine in california, but no appointments are available anywhere :( such a mess. Luckily my parents are getting their first dose this week.

I’m sorry @lovedogs.
Same here. My parents and DH are eligible but no appointments available.

Hope your parents are able to get their dose this week.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry @lovedogs.
Same here. My parents and DH are eligible but no appointments available.

Hope your parents are able to get their dose this week.

@missy I heard Al Roker this morning saying he had to a keep refreshing the page to get his appointment. He just got his this morning. He went the normal route. He could have had it done at his brother’s hospital but didn’t want preferential treatment. Good for him. Maybe you can do it for your mom and dad. Just keep refreshing the page for appointments until one pops up. @Slick1

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've talked to some people in the study I'm in and one person did get a letter statting she got placebo. But, FAIK, none of the ones I've talked to were called in for an appointment myself included.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our Dr’s surgery are now saying they’re ready to vaccinate the over 70’s as soon as they get the vaccine, which is good news for DH. They’re also saying that appts will be at short notice, probably 2 days. They seem to be doing pretty well around here, so fingers crossed DH hears soon.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
My FIL and his wife got their vaccines last week in CA. They are over 65 and were lucky to get an appointment quickly by refreshing the page again and again.

We are gently nudging my MIL to get her vaccine as she is age eligible too but less likely to put herself "ahead of others", as she would see it. She had Covid and was very ill. We want her as protected as possible.

Can we put our loved ones in a bubble and keep them all safe???

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know two ppl - one a pharmacist and one a nurse who still have their licenses but haven’t practiced in years bc they are sahms who got it as they were identified as health care professionals. It seems a bit unfair. But I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same if I were in their situation and had the opportunity. I participated in a trial for Astra Zeneca and I don’t know if I got the vaccine or the placebo. I don’t think they are going to unblind anytime soon. In fact I’m curious if anybody on this thread has participated in the same trial. Because on the one hand I had zero side effects so I’m worried I got the placebo. On the other hand Astra Zeneca is a different type of vaccine then Moderna or Pfizer. My husband did a trial for Moderna and on his second dose felt very sick for a day. So is convinced he got the vaccine.

I think they have a moral obligation to tell you if you had the vacine or the placebo
Can you ask them ?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
1611066648473.png
This is a county that’s very close to me..
I certainly didn't doubt you when you said they were doing this, but, wow, not sure how they are getting away with it. I guess each state, county, etc is handling the distribution differently and with very little uniformity.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I received an email (two actually) today that due to supply issues, my February 1st appt for the first shot is cancelled.
I teach and can’t understand how it is that I can’t get one in my county! :snooty:

Try another county? Some counties are doing better than others and they don’t require residency, although some do...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I certainly didn't doubt you when you said they were doing this, but, wow, not sure how they are getting away with it. I guess each state, county, etc is handling the distribution differently and with very little uniformity.

@pinkjewel I didn’t think you doubted me...I just put it up because it’s unbelievable to me that they would do that..

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
They don’t because it’s part of a study so it’s normal. But they said that they would reveal once we are eligible to get the vaccine generally. So basically if I get notification that my age bracket or whatever is up and I can make an appointment, then I can contact the study and they will tell me if I have the placebo or the real thing. And if I have the placebo then they will give me the real one. So at least that’s good because even people who are eligible for an appointment have trouble getting one.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First dose of Moderna this past Friday in Austin TX.

ETA: we got our 'appts' by continually refreshing the Austin Public Health Site on the web.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am continuously refreshing websites and calling associated pharmacies to see if they have cancellations.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As per the U.K. 12 weeks wait for a second dose I’m getting mine.........in March!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As per the U.K. 12 weeks wait for a second dose I’m getting mine.........in March!

I am sorry to hear that but hopefully that won't effect the effectiveness of the vaccine. With time perhaps the scientific evidence will bear this out. Good luck and of course in the meantime just keep on being careful and social distancing and wearing masks etc. Please keep us posted.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to hear that but hopefully that won't effect the effectiveness of the vaccine. With time perhaps the scientific evidence will bear this out. Good luck and of course in the meantime just keep on being careful and social distancing and wearing masks etc. Please keep us posted.

I really hope so. I can understand the arguments for the delay and they have managed to vaccinate a lot of people here so far. I will definitely continue with safety measures, just hope everyone else does! I still get annoyed when I read on IG that someone has just been off on a weekend skiing trip, for example! Why am I sitting in my house all the time, then??

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
My aunt got her first dose of the Moderna vaccine 9 days ago. She had little reaction to the dose except a sore arm until yesterday- day 8. She woke up with a hot itchy arm with a growing rash. After going to the doctor he gave her an antibiotic and a steroid and also recommended Benedryl. I was looking on line at side effects of the vaccines and I'm seeing quite a number of people who have had the same thing happen at day 8 after getting the first dose of Moderna. Sounds like cellulitis. Just thought I'd let everyone know. This does worry me a bit

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom (84) and I (home care aide) have appointments to get the vaccine tomorrow afternoon - I am half-expecting to be notified our appts have been cancelled due to vaccine shortage, but fingers crossed - also hoping the drive-through superstation wait-time won't be too crazy long; mom can't sit in the car for much more than 70-80 minutes (if that) on a good day ...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am continuously refreshing websites and calling associated pharmacies to see if they have cancellations.

What websites are you refreshing @lovedogs?The only place that had any here in Pa are Rite Aides. They have a banner across the website saying where you are in a queue to get into their site.. but when you get inside it says the same thing it says check back tomorrow..There are no vaccines available.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What websites are you refreshing @lovedogs?The only place that had any here in Pa are Rite Aides. They have a banner across the website saying where you are in a queue to get into their site.. but when you get inside it says the same thing it says check back tomorrow..There are no vaccines available.

In California there are vaccine clinics times/days being announced via county websites so I am checking those as well as the associated pharmacies (Albertsons and Ralphs).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
In California there are vaccine clinics times/days being announced via county websites so I am checking those as well as the associated pharmacies (Albertsons and Ralphs).

Wow..That’s so much better than here in Pa. It’s a horrible mess.

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
My aunt got her first dose of the Moderna vaccine 9 days ago. She had little reaction to the dose except a sore arm until yesterday- day 8. She woke up with a hot itchy arm with a growing rash. After going to the doctor he gave her an antibiotic and a steroid and also recommended Benedryl. I was looking on line at side effects of the vaccines and I'm seeing quite a number of people who have had the same thing happen at day 8 after getting the first dose of Moderna. Sounds like cellulitis. Just thought I'd let everyone know. This does worry me a bit

There were no reports of cellulitis in the data submitted to FDA for review on the MOderna vaccine. Local reactions including pain, swelling and redness, some of which lasted more than 7 days, were frequent. Injection site rash was uncommon, but did occur in some participants. Could an infection happen from an improperly cleaned injection site? Possible, but probably not super likely.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
There were no reports of cellulitis in the data submitted to FDA for review on the MOderna vaccine. Local reactions including pain, swelling and redness, some of which lasted more than 7 days, were frequent. Injection site rash was uncommon, but did occur in some participants. Could an infection happen from an improperly cleaned injection site? Possible, but probably not super likely.

Well, that's encouraging that they didn't record any cellulitis. However, this reaction that is happening 8 days later than the injection is concerning. None of the people who are reporting having this problem had any issues (except the normal sore arm for a day or 2) until 8 days later. They all are describing the same reaction- hot, swollen, itchy-but not painful and a rash that spreads. My aunt has circled the area and will report if it gets larger. I also gave her the FDA and Moderna phone numbers to report what has happened. I could not find anyone that is reporting these same reactions following the Pfizer vaccine. My aunt is now questioning whether she should get the second dose. Other people online who've had the same thing happen are also commenting they are concerned about getting a second dose.

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
Well, that's encouraging that they didn't record any cellulitis. However, this reaction that is happening 8 days later than the injection is concerning. None of the people who are reporting having this problem had any issues (except the normal sore arm for a day or 2) until 8 days later. They all are describing the same reaction- hot, swollen, itchy-but not painful and a rash that spreads. My aunt has circled the area and will report if it gets larger. I also gave her the FDA and Moderna phone numbers to report what has happened. I could not find anyone that is reporting these same reactions following the Pfizer vaccine. My aunt is now questioning whether she should get the second dose. Other people online who've had the same thing happen are also commenting they are concerned about getting a second dose.

There is some evidence of delayed local reactions to the Moderna vaccine. In general, local reactions were more common after dose 1 than dose 2, and most local reactions resolved within 2-3 days. It certainly doesn’t hurt to communicate with the vaccine manufacturer on this and see if there is any guidance, but so far what you are reporting does not seem outside of the known side effects.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Just got DH signed up for his vaccine for Feb 3rd. 147,000 signed up the first day so was a little worried as we don’t seem to get that much vaccine each week. So excited we are finally starting.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom (84) and I (home care aide) have appointments to get the vaccine tomorrow afternoon - I am half-expecting to be notified our appts have been cancelled due to vaccine shortage, but fingers crossed - also hoping the drive-through superstation wait-time won't be too crazy long; mom can't sit in the car for much more than 70-80 minutes (if that) on a good day ...

The vaccine appts went great this afternoon, took about 70-75 minutes from the time we pulled in until we exited ... very smooth process, wonderful staff, very impressed ... mom did fine, and so did I ... I didn't feel a thing and afterward felt only the slightest pain at the injection site .. we'll see what tomorrow brings. We already have appts for the 2nd dose next month.

I am very hopeful that vaccine clinics and superstations will receive more quantity and more timely vaccine supplies so that many more people have access to the vaccine. We're hoping my DH's age group will be eligible for the vaccine maybe in Spring? Hard to say, since there are so many 65 and older still waiting ...

Wishing everyone a good weekend.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi PinkJewel, I’m sorry your aunt is going through this. For my reference, where are you finding “reaction“ data? My elderly parents are getting vaccinated soon and I would like to know the full spectrum of side effects with the Moderna (or Pfizer) Vaccine. They have access to the Moderna vaccine.

I hope this issue starts to fade for your Aunt soon. Please let us know how she is doing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results