shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First dose of the Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine this morning, second dose due in 4 weeks. Thought I should lead by example and get in there quick smart. Anyone else going for it this week?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We haven't got a whiff of it yet and I suspect we'll be down on the list. But they think by end of next year it should be available for everyone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably won't have access to the vaccine until 2022 because it's USA.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We haven't got a whiff of it yet and I suspect we'll be down on the list. But they think by end of next year it should be available for everyone.

do you have enough of those special freezers ?
ours are only coming this week

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
First dose of the Pfizer/BioNtech vaccine this morning, second dose due in 4 weeks. Thought I should lead by example and get in there quick smart. Anyone else going for it this week?

im very happy for you
when do you get the 2nd dose ?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

I am so, so glad for you. I saw an article this morning that it becomes protective within 10 days. Whoohoo :)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet, but DH and I plan to ASAP. Congratulations and let us know if anything bad happens lol. (Hope not)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For work I had to fill out a survey about where I work, level of patient contact, etc. They are expecting to start giving the first shot (of the 2 shot vaccine) in Dec in the hospital I'm affiliated with to the most high risk staff. I am likely not in first or even 2nd tier of who will be getting the shot because currently have no patient contact. But I'm looking forward to getting it. Then I will be able to travel and visit my family. Maybe in a month I will know more about when I'm scheduled to get it. From what I have heard people do experience cold/flu symptoms from getting the shot. But it is supposed to be 95% effective, and obviously much less dangerous than getting COVID itself.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For work I had to fill out a survey about where I work, level of patient contact, etc. They are expecting to start giving the first shot (of the 2 shot vaccine) in Dec in the hospital I'm affiliated with to the most high risk staff. I am likely not in first or even 2nd tier of who will be getting the shot because currently have no patient contact. But I'm looking forward to getting it. Then I will be able to travel and visit my family. Maybe in a month I will know more about when I'm scheduled to get it. From what I have heard people do experience cold/flu symptoms from getting the shot. But it is supposed to be 95% effective, and obviously much less dangerous than getting COVID itself.

Yeah our hospital just sent something like this out. I’m pretty sure I’m in the tier 2 group (some gray area related to technical department classification) so hopefully as soon as the next two weeks! Couldn’t be more eager to get vaccinated!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done and congratulations for being one of the firsts to receive the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

I am unlikely to be offered the vaccine until next year, as I am not an urgent case, being mid 50s and Type 2 Diabetic with no other health issues.

If I am offered the chance to have it sooner, I will!

DK :))

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done and congratulations for being one of the firsts to receive the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

I am unlikely to be offered the vaccine until next year, as I am not an urgent case, being mid 50s and Type 2 Diabetic with no other health issues.

If I am offered the chance to have it sooner, I will!

DK :))

Diabetes is considered to make you at risk. When I did the infographic it said I was behind 22 mil people. but, I don't know if I am considered an essential worker or not. I got a letter when the pandemic first started saying I was an essential worker in case I was stopped for being out. I guess it depends on how they categorize people.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So happy for you!

I'm in the lowest risk group in the US, which means I will get mine behind 268.7 million people according to this NY Times interactive tool. So I might be waiting for a while, lol.

i did that pretending i lived there

im very sorry you are so far down the priority list
the govt havn't really given us a timeline yet but the economy needs the boarder to reopen asap and it won't be safe to till we are all vaccinated

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results