shape
carat
color
clarity

Week 2 - Share Photos: Favorite Alter Shot

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
a new week, another chance to share more of your favorite wedding pics!

this week I'm calling it Favorite Altar Shot (sorry, I just realized I misspelled it in the Topic Title), but it doesn't strictly have to be at the altar. it can be you or a flower girl walking down the aisle, your groom waiting for you, of your officiant marrying you, of any of the decorations hanging in the aisle, of your first kiss as husband and wife, or walking back up the aisle with your husband... for any of you who didn't have the married-at-the-altar type of wedding, it can be your favorite photo of anything you were doing either right before, during, or right after you got married. basically just the shot that captures that moment for you.

remember to keep to the rule that you can only share ONE.

(if you haven't yet shared your favorite wedding dress photo, you can still post it in the Week 1 thread)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
here is mine. I loved that we were holding hands throughout the whole ceremony, emphasizing how we are a team and do everything together. I also like the subtle hint of blue flowers we had decorating the altar.

noelalterhands.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Is it weird that all of my favorite pictures are non-pro? This one was taken by a family friend and I just love it. We got hardly any pictures of us standing at the altar.

em1altarresize.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
The light was flooding in the windows and back door of the church when our ceremony ended. I love the way it came through my dress and veil and how DH is looking over at me.

back view church ctek dress2341234.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Every time I see this photo it brings back to me just how strong the emotion was surrounding our ceremony (which we wrote/compiled ourselves). We cried, a lot. In fact, DH said he teared up the second he saw the first flash of my white dress in the doorway. I started up not long into the ceremony. Our bridal party cried, our parents cried, and we heard quite a few guests did as well. Happiest tears of my life, though!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, forgot to attach.

03_CER055.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
wow, those are great so far!

emeraldlover1 - yours looks professional, like out of a magazine. doesn''t look non-pro at all!

Clairitek - that is fantastic how the sun did that. your husband can say that he really did marry an angel!

ladyciel - I can just feel all the emotion in yours. it''s funny that so many people cried at the same time! only to prove the point more how much you two are loved.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
noelwr - I love the pic of your hands! That''s great!

EM1 - Most of my favorite pics are non-pro as well. That''s a great shot!

Clairitek - that photo is gorgeous, and totally ethereal looking. Absolutely stunning.

ladyciel - aw! Sniffles in the good way.
5.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
This is my favorite from our wedding...

D3X7178091409.jpg

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
During our wine ceremony. That is one of two hand hammered sterling silver goblets my aunt sent as a gift from the UK
30.gif

Sorry for the low resolution
15.gif

5612_1174970488103_1043281897_557813_8332386_n.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got married in his home church, which unfortunately was REALLY badly lit on the inside, lol. I also made a mistake in not letting the photographers know they could go behind the priest, so all the photos are from the back or side unfortunately. Ah well. The ceremony part wasn''t the most exciting..Catholic mass and what not.

I liked this photo just because of the way the dress flowed when we were kneeling. That''s right, I was kneeling for the better part of an hour!

CM070mtg.JPG

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, I am LOVING these photos.

This is actually my second favorite shot--my favorite shot is a closer shot and I would have to blur everybody''s faces and the photo would lose its appeal.

This was taken from a balcony of the house we rented and I love it.

ncwedding1245.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Claire you look angelic! Gorgeous!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
NEL! Shots like that make me miss a rocky NE coast line so so so much. Gorgeous shot!

Date: 11/2/2009 1:18:20 PM
Author: sunnyd
Claire you look angelic! Gorgeous!

Aw thanks! (and thanks to Gecko and Noel as well) I keep meaning to ask my photographer how much that shot was doctored and how much of it was the silk organza dress, veil, and lucky lighting. He took another one from further away where you can see the balcony as well. DH's aunt and uncle snuck up to the balcony just before the mass finished and took aerial shots of us on our way out (his uncle is the family photographer/paparazzi). I loved how there was so much light coming in you could barely make out the people up there.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this is a VERY easy one for me. This picture was taken at the "I now pronounce you husband and wife" moment. I was SO very happy. My husband and I have been together for 8 years and were engaged for 5 incredibly long years. At the beginning of this year I thought it was never going to happen and I was starting to feel really down. So the fact that 8 months later I finally heard those words being said about us, this face was the result.

Shame his face is partially hidden, we were both grinning like idiots.

I love this picture so much.

iTGLE0294.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 3:50:21 PM
Author: merrymunky
Oh this is a VERY easy one for me. This picture was taken at the ''I now pronounce you husband and wife'' moment. I was SO very happy. My husband and I have been together for 8 years and were engaged for 5 incredibly long years. At the beginning of this year I thought it was never going to happen and I was starting to feel really down. So the fact that 8 months later I finally heard those words being said about us, this face was the result.

I LOVE IT! How beautiful that you captured that!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Here is mine, during our vows. I think the look in my eyes says it all... I love how the photographer really captured how happy we were.

ETA: I LOVE everyone's pics!
30.gif

anchorfavealtarpic.JPG

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
The person who performed our ceremony was also the friend who introduced us. I love how happy she looks in this photo, right after pronouncing us husband and wife.

husbandandwife.jpg

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Love these threads!

Here is one of mine! Us holding hands at the alter as well.

best_06555.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is one of a few favorites...I really couldn''t decide for this one! We''re walking down the hallway to the back area of our venue right after the ceremony. I love all the pictures posted so far!

hallwayasdfjsdlkfjsda1.jpg

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
What a fun idea! It's been so long since I've posted, I see I've missed a lot!

This is my favorite "during the ceremony" shot. I think I look like a nerd, and I love it!
9.gif

garzaceremony42608.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine...kinda obvious when it was taken!

jstar-100_1391.JPG

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
It was really, really, really, really hard for me to decide which picture to use for this one!

I love the lighting in this picture, and the way we''re leaning into each other. It was during the solo performance by our pianist who was also in our reception band and happens to be a good friend of ours, so it was especially meaningful. The song was "Just the Way You Are" by Billy Joel. I love it so much, and I never cried during the ceremony (I thought I would cry rivers, but I was just sooo happy!), but I almost teared up here. I also love that you can see the detail in the veil that my mom sewed by hand for me. It was so much harder than she expected, but she kept plugging away because she knew how important it was to me. (She sews for a living, basically, and so she was very perfectionist about it... it should not have taken so long, but it took her DAYS.)

Anyway. I really do love this picture... and I''m certain in the coming weeks I''ll get to share more, so here it is:

katywifcp.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock

Wow Ladies! These are all so fantastic! I just wanted to share a few words about each one because they each call for a response. Hope this doesn''t bore you all.

wannabMrsH - that is actually really smart that you put 2 chairs there for you to sit on (or maybe that''s normal for your type of wedding). We should have thought of that! My husband is so tall I think he might have blocked out the officiant a little bit. I

30.gif
the starfish decorations on the backs of the chairs.

iwannaprettyone - how does the wine ceremony work? The goblet is beautiful, and it''s so wonderful when you can incorporate presents from family members instead of having to go buy everything yourself.

MakingTheGrade - I can''t believe you were kneeling for an hour! My legs would have fallen asleep after 10 min. I think you too could have used wannabMrsH''s chairs. I

30.gif
the way your dress fanned out behind you. Did someone do that for you or did it just happen that way?

NewEnglandLady - your altar was the sea! How beautiful, and fantastic that you had someone shooting photos from above at the right time.

merrymunky - your photo makes me grin along too! I love happy photos and I''m glad you weren''t nervous and stressed. It''s like you guys were the only 2 people in the world in that moment.

Anchor31 - your look just says "I love him so much!" you''re right that the photographer captured it beautifully.

parrot tulips - what I like about yours is that usually in photos we capture how happy the couple are, but yours shows how others can be just as joyous as on our wedding days, and that they love the couple and want them to be together.

ilovethis website - obviously I''m partial to holding hands pics, and in black and white makes it so classy. I like that in yours you can see the hint of the wedding rings, your elegant pearl bracelet and your husband''s beautiful dress shirt underneath his sleeve. I like looking at well-dressed men!

Thing2of2 - yay! Another black and white. I always love an elegant couple against a "normal" environment. It really emphasizes the couple in the photo.

everlong_x - your photo actually looks like a freeze off a black and white tv show. I can''t explain it, but it''s really cool, and I haven''t seen that yet on any wedding photos. And I love that everyone is smiling.

jstarfireb - I was hoping someone would post the kissing shot! Ours didn''t turn out so great because the photographer was at the wrong angle, but I''m glad yours turned out so beautifully. Very romantic.

KatyWI - your mom did a beautiful job! And it shows how much she loves you that she spent days on the veil. The lights shining through the curtain in front of you makes your photo look magical. I''m sure that''s how it felt, too.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 3:57:30 AM
Author: noelwr

Anchor31 - your look just says ''I love him so much!'' you''re right that the photographer captured it beautifully.

And I can tell you DH''s look said exactly the same!
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 3:50:21 PM
Author: merrymunky
Oh this is a VERY easy one for me. This picture was taken at the ''I now pronounce you husband and wife'' moment. I was SO very happy. My husband and I have been together for 8 years and were engaged for 5 incredibly long years. At the beginning of this year I thought it was never going to happen and I was starting to feel really down. So the fact that 8 months later I finally heard those words being said about us, this face was the result.

I adore your face in this photo!!!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I love this one because it highlights how intimate our ceremony was and shows the beauty of the room.

kat.altar.shot.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
katamari - I love how the people behind you are sitting in a semi-circle. does very much give an intimate feel.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
This one is my favorite because I get a laugh out of it every time!

We got married in NYC at the Clerk''s office - just me, my DH, the photographer, and the lady who married us. After she pronounced us married, we kissed and she immediately walked out! We were too busy celebrating to notice. :)

3170_689438777149_14835248_42222044_2379566_n.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
This is my favourite altar shot. I love the rustic look of the gazebo overlooking the ocean.

CDNsWeddingProPic22.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results